What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2k 10x5 tent

anon710

Running a 5x10 tent, with half of it a 4 plant scrog in 10gal containers. Promix hp with half per lite added.
The other side are a mish mash of some of my buddies moms and a few of mine. Have some more clones that im going to shove in 2gal containers to fill it up a bit. The mother flower run is a run for a patient at no cost to them, and the moms were pretty hurting when i got them.

Around the end of week 1 of flower.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Kimura

pots are WAY TOO BIG!!! i promise you are over watering.

if your plants start to look burned, its because the roots hairs are dying from too much water and cant absorb nutrients anymore... those plants shouldnt be in anything bigger than 3 gallons.

Kimura

not to mention, there is zero need to hang a carbon filter and fan INSIDE your tent. it prevents you from raising the light up, and simply isnt needed. save space and your tent and put it it outside.

also, i hope youre not pumping those plants with a full 1000w at this point because that would be a total waste.

Damn, no need to be so harsh. Looks pretty high qual to me. With 4 plants in such a large space I would be pushing the fuck out of them. 4 , 3 gallon plants for a 5x5 space is way too little.

I used to think having C.F. in tent made no sense, but then I saw this one guys set up where he had the C.F. in the tent and his light was hooded so he could vent air through the C.F., through the light (keeping the light clean), and then vented out the tent. I guess I don't know if that's what you're doing.

Kimura

lol you think that's harsh?! lmao... dont care what you think. either you ignore what i say, or think about what i said and evaluate and be honest with yourself.

its not about PUSHING the plant... that's now how plants grow. if you think it is, you're going to continually FAIL. with your light-logic, why not throw 2 1000w lights on those plants?! BECAUSE THATS TOO MUCH LIGHT!!! at some point, you'll admit there is too much light, but you dont want to admit you're already there. so many people who grow weed have this dumb idea of PUSHING THEIR PLANTS!!! once a plant has as many nutrients as it needs, more won't fucking help!!! thats just not how plants grow either.

tiny plants will not do better with a shitload of light. that 1000w light is for a tent FULL OF PLANTS!!! you're much more likely to burn your plants to death when doing this with 1000w.... all light is heat. leaves convert light into sugars for the plant... all the light NOT HITTING PLANTS is going to turn into HEAT!!! it's physics... if you have a tent full of plants, the tent will run way cooler than whatever this guys tent is running now.

anon710

lol so on the 10 gal pots their are roots sticking out the bottom. As for a cabon scrubber not running one. Air cooled hoods vented out the chimney. Tend not to have a problem with temps, Its 34 degrees outside and 95 percent humidity at the moment here.
picture.php

Not too worried about the waste of light on the side with the smaller plants. Have a bunch in veg that are going in in around a week, and its a favor to a buddy. Never had problems with yields, with plants that size in a 10 gal container under a 1k, although its not normally how I roll, normally 25 2gal pots per 1k with a week veg, yields off that side with the mix of 3 gal and 2 gal dont really matter to me just seeing if any of his moms are worth running in a small commercial spot I have. Running a SOG in my other room as a pheno hunt, and entering this stupid 4 plant cup thing, so that how we end up with a lower plant number on this round, gotta keep under the plant count licence ugh.

Off to water the greenhouse lol.

anon710

I don't scrub the air at all shoot the room air out of the chimney. The light is air cooled and the air never touches the grow space, I don't tend to like open hoods, way to much work to deal with the heat. I prefer to run some sealed hoods and a fan vs more air conditioning.

spazspaz

I’m thinking about putting a 5’ x 10’ tent in my nursery, swapping mom hoarding for added flower production. Any tent shopping recommendations?

anon710

yea this exact tent. Overly impressed with it vs vivosun and whatever 3 brands the hydro shop have. Was easy to build is actually not trash and is like 99 percent light proof. Shoot me a DM here and I can send you the link on amazon. Was like under 400 Canadian dollars shipped.

But honestly cannot recommend this tent enough. Really high quality zippers, material, goes together far far easier than any other tent I have ever built, and impressively light proof vs even far more expensive options.

I hear ya on the getting more production and less mom hoarding. My veg at one point was 2/3rd my light space lol

anon710

lost track of the order of the pics. Will take a few tomorrow and post them. Most of those are the past few weeks been busy getting a few new rooms set up and a new veg area.

The 4 plant side is almost done week 3. Starting the pk additives. Tossed a few clones with a week or so of veg onto the other side to try and scrape some sorta yield out of it for my buddy. Looks better than a few weeks ago.

anon710

On day 35 I think. Things have been going lol busy but here is an update.

Fairly happy with how a scrog net seems to work to keep the canopy even. Both the strains being ran are fairly different but have not really had to mess with anything since the screen went in.

Been feeding just botanicare bloom nutrients, a little bit of calmag, and started with some pk13/14 last week. Normally run the full botanicare line, but trying to keep things simple. Going back to running liquid karma for sure, have been having clones take way too long to root, and noticed I cannot feed as aggressively without it. I am however pleases with the ability to water and feed every 5-6 days. New to any pot bigger than a 5g, this was a pleasant surprise, much much less water usage and humidity than when running 25 under a 1k in the same area.