What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. Rip Torn

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

One of my favorite actors, always delivering his lines with either sarcasm or his dry/rye monotone voice and wit. Men In Black brought him to the younger masses more recently.

I don't know much about his personal life but if any of you'd like to fill us in on what you do know, please feel free.......

9np2eef.jpg

F

Frylock

'Necessary?? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No.... i do it because it's sterile.... and i like the taste' - Patches O' Houlihan (Rip Torn)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Incredible character in The Gary Shandling Show. Amazing in everything I ever saw him in.

Celluloid heroes never die. I'll watch Beastmaster tonight in his honor.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Oh man, this was (sad) news to me :( Guy had the no-nonsense no-BS serious grumpy older guy look and feel to a lot of his late career characters, and he nailed it every time.

But I'm sure he wasn't like that in real life. I mean he said yes to 'Freddy Got Fingered'.
If you've seen FGF, you know he didn't do it 'cause he wanted an Oscar.. I don't think he did it just to get paid either, betcha there woulda been better options for him to get paid more with less work. Either he owed Tom Green a favor, or he did it for shits and giggles and to troll serious movie critics and stuff like that.

R.I.P. Rip Torn.

F

Frylock

Oh man, this was (sad) news to me :( Guy had the no-nonsense no-BS serious grumpy older guy look and feel to a lot of his late career characters, and he nailed it every time.

But I'm sure he wasn't like that in real life. I mean he said yes to 'Freddy Got Fingered'.
If you've seen FGF, you know he didn't do it 'cause he wanted an Oscar.. I don't think he did it just to get paid either, betcha there woulda been better options for him to get paid more with less work. Either he owed Tom Green a favor, or he did it for shits and giggles and to troll serious movie critics and stuff like that.

R.I.P. Rip Torn.

Daddy would you like some sausage? Daddy would you like some sausages? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2aKsoizx1w