What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Protocols for unknown weed

zanog

How do you ensure without lab tests that contaminants like pesticides and heavy metals won't end up in distillates? Is it possible any way that would be available to me? As I understand those pesticides would be dangerous that has boiling points close to THC's or CBD's.

I theorize: separating in a chromatography column would be a solution, right? If it is, what would be the approximate cost of the equipment and the disposables cost per batch?

Can cheaper and still safe ways developed for filtering these out?

Bobby Boucher

If you want dab, blast indoor buds. These pesticide riddled outdoor buds are better put through your liver in the form of edibles, if consumed at all.

At least that’s what the ol’ broker said.

Pesticides taste like firecracker smoke, plus they can irreparably fuck people up. Easier to start with clean material.

You can't taste myclobutanil in distillate. Typically more indoor growers use them than outdoor growers, but ourdoor growers are more susceptible to drift.

I did a full write up and included the SOP, as well as a scientific paper on the method, over on my forum. But in general, you need to properly degum your distillate, then pass it over a bed of magsil-pr in a chroma column.

This will work for the majority of pesticides, however some really nasty ones need an additional reverse phase pass

zanog

Pesticides taste like firecracker smoke, plus they can irreparably fuck people up. Easier to start with clean material.
Actually I would if I could... I live in a terrible country now...

You can't taste myclobutanil in distillate. Typically more indoor growers use them than outdoor growers, but ourdoor growers are more susceptible to drift.

I did a full write up and included the SOP, as well as a scientific paper on the method, over on my forum. But in general, you need to properly degum your distillate, then pass it over a bed of magsil-pr in a chroma column.

This will work for the majority of pesticides, however some really nasty ones need an additional reverse phase pass
Thanks again Future4200, I'll read your write up, how do I find it over there? How much would this equipment cost? What about disposables? I'll look up deguming too. Thanks you are most helpful!

zanog

Okay, it's not so hard as it seems at first... still:

So what should I degum with other than citric acid? So I won't damage any canabinoids?

So ~60cm(24") is enough height, 3" width held how much? (500g was at the beginning)
How do I reverse this? heptane is non polar, my mobile phase was the distillate itself with cbleach, right? So rotovap and dissolve in ethanol put it in the column? Or hplc water?

Should I use some kind of pump to add pressure? Wouldn't that be desirable?

This would all happen with one filling? Per phase?
How do you properly dispose of the used magsil-pr? What about the rest of the waste?

Why heptane? Hexane has a lower boiling point and viscosity. Is heptane that less volatile?