What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monkey Shit

Hookahhead

Sorry guys I haven’t updated for bit.

I finally chopped mother #3 at 12 weeks. She is already dried and jarred. Overall I’m happy with all 3, but yields were smaller than I’d hoped. I guess it should be expected though, they were grown in almost 100% shade the last 6 weeks. Shade grown cannabis is definitely not going to be a new trend.

picture.php

This week I chopped the tops of the indoor. The buds are significantly better than the outdoor. I’m really impressed by the LEDs, and happy with my first indoor harvest in a long time. Still not much smell on them though.

picture.php

picture.php

I only harvested the tops. I’ll lower the light and hopefully the bottoms will swell a bit over the next 7-10 days before I chop the rest.

picture.php
picture.php

Hookahhead

Finally got a picture I am pleased with! This is the clone of #2 @ day 39. Last time I chopped this one at day 63 (9 weeks). These are in a much sunnier spot in the yard, it’s already looking better than the mother did at harvest.

picture.php

Hookahhead

So I got the first part of the indoor dried, trimmed, and jarred. Here’s a shot of some of the flowers. I’m probably going to harvest the rest of the plant in the next couple of days.

picture.php

picture.php

The outdoor plants are at 47 days and coming along nicely. I kind of regret not cloning these plants again now that I see them growing in more sun. #1 is going to yield nicely, while #2 has absolutely beautiful flowers on it.

Clone #1
picture.php

picture.php

Clone #2
picture.php

Clone #2 is looking close to being done to me, but it’s only been 47 days. I’d like to push her a few more days to see if she is going to plump up more. I’ve been lucky to have a dry spell, ant threat of rain and I might chop her. I’m going to try and reveg this plant.

Hookahhead

I cut the rest of the indoor bottoms last night. I think they went 12 weeks total. Leaving the lowers in there for an extra 2 weeks really fattened everything up. I don’t know what a total yield is, but I’m plenty happy with what 114w in a 2x2 space produced!

Bud shot:
picture.php

Lower harvest, lots of fat sticky buds hanging there :).
picture.php

And just as a reminder, these are the tops I harvested 2 weeks ago.
picture.php

Hookahhead

Clone #2 @ 51 days.
Well I chopped this girl tonight. After inspecting her again under the scope she could have definitely ripened a little longer. I thought it was a little early, but she looked so good and I was afraid of loosing her. I’m still very happy with how she came in. I removed all the fan leaves that had a negligible amount of trichomes. However many of the them had a decent bit.
picture.php

picture.php

A few pages back I posted the mother harvested at 9 weeks. The sunnier spot is definitely much better.
picture.php

picture.php

I’m still working on cleaning out the indoor cabinet, but I want to try and reveg her. So the lights are on 18/6 now and only 36 W. I’ll trim her roots and get her into some fresh soil in a few days.
picture.php

I cut a few branches off clone #1 that were showing some mold. Upon further inspection I found a good many aphids happily sucking away. The rest looks good so far, but Im probably going to have to chop it much earlier than I want to just to salvage what i can. I won’t be trying to reveg her. Clone #2 didn’t seem to have the same issues with mold or bugs. Their flower structure and density are very different.

Hookahhead

Just a quick update. The lowers from the indoor have been dried and trimmed. I’m not sure what the actual weight is because it’s all stuffed into jars now. I got 2 qt jars from the tops, and 2 more from the bottoms. Overall I’m quite happy, letting the bottoms go another 2 weeks caused them to fatten up nicely. There was very little popcorn on the plant. Here’s some of the lowers dried and trimmed.
picture.php

The clone #2 from outdoor got trimmed up too. I really like the shape of these buds. It was pretty easy to trim up nicely. This might be the best looking plant I’ve grown here.
picture.php

Hookahhead

It’s alive!!

So the clone #2 that i moved into the 18/6 after harvest has already started to show new growth! I’m a little suspicious by how quick it flipped back. It’s only been 19 days today, and I first noticed the growth yesterday. I know I harvested it at least a little early, but I still don’t think it was too far from “peak”. I’m stoked that I’ll get to grow her out a few more times!

2 fresh shoots
picture.php

picture.php

More sites about to pop!
picture.php

Hookahhead

Ok so I forgot to include some of the bad news in this thread. I was growing out a large plant of #3, waiting until after the rainy season to flower her out. Some ants took up residency in the pot. I normally would have evicted them, but this was at the same time I was having issues with leaf/grasshoppers. When the ants appeared the hoppers disappeared. Great, what a nice symbiotic relationship with the ants! Two weeks later the plant started to droop, the ants had been hacking away at the roots I guess. By the time I realized something was wrong, it was too late to save her. So #3 is no more.

Likewise, a week or 2 ago I had to chop #1 due to mold. A good portion of it went straight to compost. She was a great yeilder but the bugs loved her a lot. With all that bud and leaf they had plenty of places to hide. So she is gone now too.

From the first 3 females, only #2 remains. I popped 3 more seeds from this cross recently, I will post pictures of them when they get a little bigger.

I also started a few other seeds I had laying around. I’d like to introduce you to “half shit”.

The mother from this cross came from the same Jamaican seeds as monkey shit, but was a different female. This was her @ 7 weeks.

picture.php

The male came from a bag my friend bought here. I didn’t see the herb, but it was one of those plants that the smell of the exhale made your mouth water. She only had one seed left when she stopped by, because she had already tossed out the others. Knowing where she picked up the bag, I’m guessing it was a local growers supplying the market. Anyhow, that 1 seed ended up being male. I cut off the top and brought it home to stick in water. Despite a few of the sacs opening up after this, I never got much useable pollen. When I harvested the female I found 2 seeds. She was the closest plant to the male, which was also the only male out there at the time.

<Photo of the male if I can find it later>

Both seeds popped, one is doing really well, and it’s showing some hybrid vigor. Unfortunately, I think I nute burned the other one, though I don’t really know how.

So here is the good one, half shit #1. I forgot to write down the date, but I think we’re right around 3 weeks. Check out the beautiful branching it has already!

picture.php

picture.php

Hookahhead

Clone #2 reveg at day 28. I can count at least 9 shoots, I’ll be cutting a few as clones in the next couple of days. Shitty picture, I’ll try and pull her out and take a better one before trimming her up.

picture.php

Hookahhead

Ok here are the better pictures!

New shoot emerging from a bud.
picture.php

Lots of new growth, I’m happy!
picture.php
picture.php

First clone, many more on the way!
picture.php

Hookahhead

Half shit #1 is doing really well. Im like 98.998% certain she’s a female, I admit I can’t stop staring at her.

I topped her last week at 4 nodes. I’ve been doing a bit of pretraining to get her into shape. Tonight I tied her down for real and cleaned up some of the inside.

Before:
picture.php

After:
picture.php

NSFW Upskirt photo, look at the thick nodes on that girl!
picture.php

Hookahhead

Clone #2 reveg @ day 38 post harvest. I cleaned up all the old buds and stems that didn’t have shoots yet. I’ve cut 8 clones off it already, 7 look like they should make it. I left one out on accident and it wilted over night. I moved her outside under the security light because I needed the room in my cabinet. Im going to let it veg for 2 more weeks then flip it to flower again.

picture.php

Half shit #1 got moved to a bigger pot and tied down again. She’s confirmed female and will be flipped to flower in 2 weeks too. I’m really excited to see what she throws out.

picture.php

I didn’t record when I cut the top, but this can’t be more than 10 days later. Thick beautiful roots, she got moved to a bigger pot. I clone in 100% coco coir, I find when I’ve used my soil mix I have issues with mold/rot. I don’t have the same issue with coir, even side by side. It’s pretty much full proof.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hookahhead

So I pulled half shit #1 out of the closet today and moved her outside to flower. I have a few cuttings that are rooted and growing nicely.

She’s looking good, I’m excited to see how she progresses the next couple of weeks.

picture.php

She was transplanted from the 1 gallon to a 5.5 gallon tote. I really like using these, they’re kinda like my version of air pots. My soil mix doesn’t seem to wash out of the holes. Anyhow, yesterday I noticed she was already kicking roots out the sides. You can see how these would air prune themselves. It’s only been 7 days!

picture.php

She would have been fine staying in that container the whole time, but I decided to give her a little more leg room. She probably has around 12 gallon or more to grow into now. I tied her back up and put her on a pedestal. I cleaned up some of the inside stuff that was getting drowned out. Here we go!

picture.php

Hookahhead

HS1 @ 6 days after flip
picture.php

And 15 days after flip. It looks like she’s done stretching and starting to build buds now.
picture.php

Hookahhead

I love your air pots. Fantastic idea.

Thanks bud, I think they’re like $6 for a 2 pack. If you put tape over the holes for handles they hold just under 6 gallon. They also fit nicely on a 36cm square planter bottom.

Here’s HS1 @ Day 23, lots of bud sites. The bottom container has a plastic feed sack in it to help hold the soil. I have started tucking the excess over the soil. When I peel it back I water, there is visible fungal hyphae.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is the plant that sits behind HS1. This seed came from a bud a friend here had. Most likely the herb was imported from the US, and had a nice flavor and smell when burned. He only had 1 seed, and it was huge. Turned out to be female, I’m guessing a S1. Definitely heavy indica. The stem rub is fantastic, but can’t quite describe it. The closest thing it reminds me to is the smell of stinkbugs we have here. A faint bit of lemon, behind something else that’s both offensive and pleasant at the same time. I have named her Stinkbug. She has a good number of clones already rooted and growing out. One of them is flowering at a friends house. This plant doesn’t have the extra large container underneath. However, I have added clay pellets/lava rock to fill the extra space in the saucer and use it as a mini SIP.

picture.php

I also have 2 new females from monkey shit, #4 and #5. They were moved to flower at a friends house about two weeks ago. (Edit: for my record they were moved Oct 12). I’ll try and get some photos soon... both of them have a good many rooted clones already.

Last edited:

Hookahhead

Hey it’s been a while since I’ve updated!

Here’s HS1 @ 41 days of my math is correct. You can’t really tell from this angle, but she has 4 main colas and and 8 tentacle arms skirting the bottom. I did clean up some of the branches/bud sites, but I should have been even more selective. That being said she is pushing a good number of flowers and filling in the internodes nice. She’s not as frosty as I’d hoped, but she still has a bit to go so we’ll see...

picture.php

picture.php

The lower stuff looks a little better.
picture.php

And Stinkbug is moving along nicely. Here she is at day 35.
picture.php

I moved MS2, the plant that I revegged, back into flower the same time I flipped stinkbug. I never changed out her soil like I planned, and she was harboring a colony of spider mites. She’s coming along alright in flowering, but definitely under some stress. About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed single male flowers at the bottom of 3 buds on a single branch. Two of them hadn’t popped yet, so I plucked them. The bottom one had already popped and was withering away. I’ve been on the lookout, but haven’t seen any more since then. However, a few days ago I noticed this on Stinkbug. There looks to be maybe 2 or 3 seeds on the whole plant that I can see. I’m looking forward to popping them!

picture.php

Hookahhead

Here’s the MS2 reflowering on day 35.
picture.php

She’s not moving as quickly or looking as frosty as when I flowered her the first time. I’m guessing this is due to the issues I wrote about in the previous post. I will be giving her at least 8 weeks this time, hopefully she’ll limp through to a decent finish. I’m curious to see how the clones will do, I have a few of them just building bud sites now. This was the first flowering at day 39 for comparison.

picture.php

I finally had a chance to grab some pictures of MS4 and MS5. I’m happy to see the pink pistils of the mother carried over to some plants!

MS4 @ 48 days. Decent bit of trichome coverage, I’m guessing she will take around 10-12 weeks.

picture.php

MS5 @ 48 days. Not as frosty as her sister, but damn is she beautiful. She will probably finish a little faster than #4.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts