What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using marijuana seeds as a base for oil extract?

Eternal Play

Thc cannabis seed has a small (maybe 2% thc) that isn’t really dependable on strain I think

How much seed does it take to make maybe a gram of oil?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thc cannabis seed has a small (maybe 2% thc) that isn’t really dependable on strain I think

How much seed does it take to make maybe a gram of oil?

Have you had the seeds analyzed? THC is typically produced in the trichomes from CBG.

I've never pressed the seeds for hemp seed oil, but they are pretty oily and it would be easy to just run a small sample and find out.

Eternal Play

Have you had the seeds analyzed? THC is typically produced in the trichomes from CBG.

I've never pressed the seeds for hemp seed oil, but they are pretty oily and it would be easy to just run a small sample and find out.

just eat a thc seed, your body will warm it up. its like a snack buzz.

dybert

As others have said, seeds DO NOT contain THC.

Hemp oil pressed from seeds also does not contain THC.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From my experience with eating thc seed, chasing a better extract

Hemp Seed Oil was one of the oils we played with doing direct extraction from trim. It does a good job doing so, but is of course limited in how concentrated you can get it by that process.

We also mixed the various vegetable and nut oils into cannabis tinctures and passed them around volunteer test panels, and hemp seed oil's greeeeen taste was not a favorite from a flavor standpoint.

delerious

I ran out of weed once and had a bunch of bagseed, so I ate them and got ok high, that’s when I realized there’s oil in the white part
Probably trichomes from the weed in the bag got on the seeds. If you're not growing from seeds, why are you buying weed with seeds?

F

Frylock

I didn't think there was anything psychoactive in the seeds either.... not that i've ever tried them, i've just NEVER heard of anything like it.... i think you are tripping thinking you got high from eating seeds. :dunno:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I ran out of weed once and had a bunch of bagseed, so I ate them and got ok high, that’s when I realized there’s oil in the white part
Hemp seed oil and cannabis extract 'oil' are *not* the same thing, not by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm glad you got high from cannabis seeds, you've accomplished something most of the human race is incapable of. Or at least incapable with the cannabis seed oil most readily available to the public. I've personally eaten handfulls of big fat satori seeds (definitely HIGH thc) and they do nothing for me. Then again, my tolerance as a grower is quite significant. ;)

PDX Dopesmoker

Pot plants have a brief peak in resin production about 2 weeks after sprouting - something like 1% -2% by dry weight, before resin content drops to nearly zilch and stays there until flowering starts. If you want to extract THC from seeds you'll need to sprout them and stick them under some lights for a couple weeks and you'll probably need something like 50 grams of seed to make a gram of oil.
There isn't anything to extract from the seeds without sprouting them first as far as I know, but if you've got the seed then you can rock the 2 week grow cycle and harvest 26 times a year with only one lamp.

Latest posts

Latest posts