What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CannaRed's first grow diary

R

Rab.C

Sounds like a great setup i would be happy for a veg chamber & flower room with leds

i am buying another tent for my penetrator 126x its foot print is 3ft x 2ft i am really looking forward too growing with it and have seedling ready too grow.

all the best with your new led i will be subbing for Sure

So I was thinking about this side by side with the CLR. It wouldn't actually be a proper side by side if I ran them all the way thru bloom.
My CLR LED is non adjustable spectrum that is only for veg.

Our spectrum is non-adjustable as well. But in all truth there is no such thing as a "veg" or "bloom" light. Any product marketed as such is missing vital spectra which causes morphological changes in your plants (like dwarfed growth or too much stretch).

Plants did not evolve under different types of light outdoors, and the spectral shift from spring to autumn is very minimal. A properly calibrated light will grow any plant from veg through bloom without the need to flip any switches or change any settings (other than hours per day).

The whole veg/bloom light myth began about 50 years ago when the first indoor grows began. The only suitable lights they had were HPS or MH, which were both limited in their spectral offering. Growers noticed that plants stayed more compact under MH (due to the excessive blue light) and stretched under HPS (due to little blue and lots of red/orange), and so they used one for veg and the other for bloom because the lights gave them desired growth characteristics. With a properly calibrated LED like ours, you will have the desired growth characteristics without having to switch spectra.

I could still do a side by side in veg. Then just a grow report under your light. That's all you wanted anyway before you saw my CLR light.

Originally I was going to do side by side with my 600 hps in my 2x3s but if I won the 2x2, I'll mark out an area 2' x 2' on floor and keep plants maintained to that area.

The 84X against a 600W HPS is a tall order to fill lol. I'd still love to see the full side-by-side under CLW (and I'm sure many others would as well), but ultimately it's your call. When I see a competing fixture I can't help myself but ask for a side-by-side lol.

The other socket is an outlet to plug in additional lights (daisy-chain). It's a universal socket that works with any plug from any country.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Got my HGL LED put in my lower chamber.
picture.php
picture.php

It kinda worked out. Light for a two by two. My space is two by three. So I put my little humidity dome in the extra one foot of space. It's not really in the direct footprint of light but the clones don't need alot of light to root.

Now I'm waiting to take enough clones to do the side by side.

Now that the HGL is right below the CLW I can get a better comparison.
The HGL is whiter and Pinker.
The CLW is much redder with a purple tint. Niether are blurple like the ufo I had years back.

The HLG is easier on my eyes. And the plants look more natural color than other LEDs I have seen. (Except white LEDs).

Don't want to jinx myself but this is gonna be a good season!!

Here are my seedlings. I topped all of the p.s. and b.h. put the tops in peat pellets and stuck humidity dome under 12/12. Hopefully they should show sex soon.
picture.php

In the back are the bigger plants that I'm getting ready for outdoors.
Already put 4 or 5 outside in shade to harden off. Gonna see if I have problems with them blooming early.
My purple usually blooms no matter when I put her outside.

Here is the plants under the aircooled 600w hps. They are a little bit over one month into bloom.
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I messed up on one of the pics. All of the 20 seedlings are in my top veg chamber. Not just the four NL5xHaze.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Got my HGL LED put in my lower chamber.
picture.php
picture.php

It kinda worked out. Light for a two by two. My space is two by three. So I put my little humidity dome in the extra one foot of space. It's not really in the direct footprint of light but the clones don't need alot of light to root.

Now I'm waiting to take enough clones to do the side by side.

Now that the HGL is right below the CLW I can get a better comparison.
The HGL is whiter and Pinker.
The CLW is much redder with a purple tint. Niether are blurple like the ufo I had years back.

The HLG is easier on my eyes. And the plants look more natural color than other LEDs I have seen. (Except white LEDs).

Don't want to jinx myself but this is gonna be a good season!!

Here are my seedlings. I topped all of the p.s. and b.h. put the tops in peat pellets and stuck humidity dome under 12/12. Hopefully they should show sex soon.
picture.php

In the back are the bigger plants that I'm getting ready for outdoors.
Already put 4 or 5 outside in shade to harden off. Gonna see if I have problems with them blooming early.
My purple usually blooms no matter when I put her outside.

Here is the plants under the aircooled 600w hps. They are a little bit over one month into bloom.
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Typed up a bunch and lost it all.
Internet sux today.

I'll make a few smaller posts I guess.

Transplanted my Purple Satellites, Bangi Haze, and Nl5 x Haze.
Roots looked good.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/pi
cture.php?albumid=80163&pictureid=1950727
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So I split up those plants put half under California Lightworks, half under HGL.

Let side by side begin!!!!

HGL
picture.php

California Lightworks
picture.php

I'm out of room! So I had to stick my other seedlings (not involved in side by side) around the edges out of direct footprint until I figure out more space.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Found this bug in my grow space.
Don't know what he is. I'll let him hang out till I find damage, or hear otherwise. He might be eating mites.
picture.php

Found one bh with mites.
I'm treating it with Transport, pyritherins. Spelling sucks today as well.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I need to get a tent. Badly.

I have two little p.o.s. Phototrons gonna have to cram em full of tiny cloned so I have a place for next run.

Right now I got the tops of all my seedlings in their under 12/12. Hopefully they will show sex soon

Which set of plants belong to which lights lol? I'm guessing the green picture is our plants after doing a white balance filter on the CLW model?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Which set of plants belong to which lights lol? I'm guessing the green picture is our plants after doing a white balance filter on the CLW model?

Edited and labeled previous posts.
HGL on top and CLW on bottom.
Here's a pic of both.
Don't understand why I have the double posts
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Here's inside my bloom chamber.
HPS takes horrible pics.
I'll try to get better pics if I can remember to get in there right at lights out.
?V1,
picture.php

?V2
picture.php

PurpAl
picture.php

Skunk Special ( I think.. got pics mixed up)
picture.php

picture.php

shaggyballs

Veteran
Nice job on the grow CannaRed.
Congrats on the light too.
Gonna stick around and see how your side by side goes.

nickman

Veteran
Hey Red, how’s it going? I’ll stick around and watch the sides by sides...!!!...

I just put up a bunch of cheap integrated T5 20 watt LED strip lights...
their four foot long. They really make a big difference and produce little to no heat. I just wish they were more blue in there kelvin. They’re at 6500k...!!!...

:tiphat:...

I saw where u said u hurt your back a minute ago doing NOTHING...!!!... same thing happened to me last week and then the other night I fell and landed on my hip with ALL my body weight...!!!...
friggn bruises like crazy...

Peace bro...!!!...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Nickman, It took a couple weeks for the pain to go away, and for me to stop walking like a old man. I'm not old in the scheme of things. Definitely getting older though.

Hope you get feeling better soon man!

For a while I've been thinking about getting LED strips to put in the lower corners of the bloom chamber. Maybe I wouldn't have to remove all the lower branches, and it would turn larf to bud.
Then I saw Ibechillin posted a article about green light being absorbed by the lower branches. Kinda started my interest up in the strips again.

I gave my grow mentor a little fixture that held two t5's side by side. I didn't have much use for it.
He went and got replacement led tubes for it.

I didn't know they existed untill he showed me about a year ago.

Really though, the 2 main things holding me back is nutrient knowledge and my lack of ability to read the plants.
I don't have a pH pen. It's my next major purchase. I have a feeling most of problems come from pH causing lockouts. But I'm not good at looking at leaf and diagnosing problems.

But I'm here to learn, and that's what I'm gonna do.

Latest posts

Latest posts