What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2019

Going good this year. Now if I could remember which strand was which....

bTNpiTY.jpg

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Plan to start harvest first week of oct. will definitely have some ready by then. I will take the last of it including scout breath at the end of oct as the scout breath is a 10 week strain and is a couple weeks behind my earliest flowering plants. Hopefully everything keeps going the way it has fingers crossed to harvest everything. Good luck all!

View Image

View Image

View Image

Scout breath ( last years were frostier but this is still heavy)
View Image

Chem d ( decent chemy smell and taste but I will be looking for better)
View Image

Did you select that ScoutBreath indoors? gotta run some from seed outside and find some that trigger early the way the OGKB 2.0 does.

I'm learning this year which of my clones are the best OD bet by how early they go off.

I hope you get some nice weather coming up, those are some real beasts you got this year!!!:tiphat::woohoo:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Did you select that ScoutBreath indoors? gotta run some from seed outside and find some that trigger early the way the OGKB 2.0 does.

I'm learning this year which of my clones are the best OD bet by how early they go off.

I hope you get some nice weather coming up, those are some real beasts you got this year!!!:tiphat::woohoo:

Yeah everything out there was run once from seed indoor and the clones were put outdoor. The scoutbreath from indoor while not as frosty as last years still is a good night time smoke. You have a very nice patch yourself :biggrin::tiphat:

Green Squall

I love snapping pics towards the end of the day when the light is right. These plants are so photogenic, that they really exemplify what the beauty of cannabis means to me. Walking out into my backyard is definitely one of my favorite simple joys in life. They are flowering slowly and I'm not sure what the harvest will be like, but it doesn't matter. I already feel fulfilled and grateful for the experience. Grow on, my friends
tiphat.gif

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So I guess it's supposed to drop down to 48 tonight here and we might even get as low as 46 on Monday. Is there anything I can do for my outdoor plants to help? They are rooted in the earth so cannot come inside, but aren't nearly close enough to flower to do an early harvest. cross posted to the outdoor grow thread also.

So I guess it's supposed to drop down to 48 tonight here and we might even get as low as 46 on Monday. Is there anything I can do for my outdoor plants to help? They are rooted in the earth so cannot come inside, but aren't nearly close enough to flower to do an early harvest. cross posted to the outdoor grow thread also.

Should be right fella. Just as long as its not weeks of cold. Slows them down but theyre resilient. Never get them in before 35's round here and theyre ok.

NENugger

Update on the Purple Satellite should finish well before October
picture.php

This shot doesn't show much but I just like it.
picture.php

NENugger

Hellgrammite I remember the Orient Express monstrosity you grew last year. Looks like a repeat performance, I'm feeling like it won't be as wet this fall.
Also digging the rhubard? in the foreground. Great harvest ahead.

Damn cold in metrowest too. Been busy this week dealing with a death in the family, checked plants yesterday for first time in a few days and noticed a few tiny spots of rot on the kiwi. Cut them out before things got out of hand. Yard just stinks and it's awesome.

Then rain this morning on top of it all with clouds all day. Prime fungal growth conditions.

Mushrooms all over my lot, maitake season starting up soon. Can harvest as many as I want, usually just run out of freezer space and have to stop.

Took some night shots with the flash.

You know what that means... harvest time following soon!

The Triple Cheese X Nepalese Jamaicans I raised this year are F1. I've seen exactly three of the offspring go to maturity.
The rest were males, and so had to be composted.

I left them in their natural shape to see how closely they'd resemble the mother plant. Turns out, they all have the same shape and structure. Good, strong limbs and heavy flowers.
Here's one of them:

They smell terrific, kind of dank, but like a cave-aged cheese. A hint of mint. Just like mom.
The tips of the pistils are browning, but the trichomes are all cloudy.
Less than 5% amber. I'm cutting them tomorrow.

Last edited:
One of the three 3ChXNJ crosses smells like the NJ and has darker green coloring, with less of the yellowing and reddening.
It also has the tightest buds of the crosses. Good weight to them.
Same shape, but smells like a Nepalese Jamaican.

This is what I had hoped to achieve: a danker mix that finished earlier, was mold resistant. So far, it's had no mold, (neither had the mom,) and it's finished like it's sisters in the litter.
I pollinated the lowest little limb with some NJ male's pollen I have up near the house. I def want seeds from this girl, so I'm going to leave the limb, some fan leaves and let it mature out. Hopefully the seeds finish up in time.
Here's a bud shot:

Just for funsies, here's a top cola on one of the other two:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Pulled 7 caterpillars/budworms so far and checking a couple times a day for more. Everything seems to be going alright hopefully the weather keeps cooperating.

picture.php

picture.php

Random indica
picture.php

picture.php

Scoutbreath will definitely have to go at the end of October
picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Ants!!!! How do I deal with them? They are small black ants on one of my better plants. I noticed a branch yellowing different than the rest of the plant and upon further inspection the tip was infested with ants so I cut the branch off and got rid of it in the woods. How do I deal with the rest of the plant as I noticed some ants walking up and down the main stem but couldnt really find anything on the ground. Please help!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I had some big ass ants around one of my plants, they didn't seem to be crawling on it at all, but were all over the ground around it. I ended up spraying spinosad cause I had some of those tent caterpillar things, and the next week I noticed there were no more ants around that one plant. So you could try that, but be careful cause spinosad fucks up bees something proper.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Plan to start harvest in a couple of weeks so don't want to use spinoside but maybe try a soapy water as that seems to be what the google is saying. Will it work, will it harm the plants, will the rain wash of the taste of the soap?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Soapy water seems like the "cleanest" thing that outdoor weed would have put on it, so yeah I wouldn't worry about the taste too much. At harvest I have always done hydrogen peroxide dips on all my outdoor plants to clean them off of anything. It breaks down to hydrogen and water so it's pretty clean.

redlaser

Veteran
OG NoMan, boric acid traps are a good option, when they show up in my house a couple times a year, spring/fall they are usually gone within two days. Just sugars and borax,but my homemade versions never seem as attractive to them as the store bought Terro brand.

As far as cold AP and others, 28-29 is where losses happen, 30 degrees on up is not enough to do damages in my experience. Have to consider wind chill though, low thirty’s with wind could be dicey.