What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Topcolas 24k garden

topcolas

Roots growth in less than 48 hours after first feed.
attachment.php
attachment.php

FIM Tech

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fim Tech.jpg
    Fim Tech.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Fucked up plants coming back.jpg
    Fucked up plants coming back.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 23
  • roots.jpg
    roots.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 19

topcolas

temp- 84 ~ 88 degrees
Rh- 60%~75% Night time Rh- 55%
Feed- 5.6 pH 1000~1100 ppm (tap 350 ppm) mega crop, compost tea and ph down only. (no more molasses)

1st net is at 20 inches, 2nd net is 32 inches. 3rd net will set depends on stretch.

Lights are set at 750 watt and about 6 to 7 feet away from the canopy. Depends on the stretch, I am going to lower the lights couple feet.

Having a hard time keeping the humidity up because my ac is so damn strong... once i set the lights to 1000 watt, Rh will drop even more so i probably have to get another humidifier or possibly set the humidifier in diff location for better even distribution??

topcolas

Nitrogen Deficiency/ Underfeeding

So about the time i spread the plants out more and turn on another 8 lights, Plants would start yellowing from the bottom and new growth started to yellow as well. Eventually lower leaves started crusting and falling off. All within about 3 to 4 days.

First, i checked the roots, and they were bright white fuzzy healthy roots. run off was also acceptable. around 600 ppm and 6.3 pH. So thinking it might be Magnesium def, i added little under gram per gallon of Epsom salt to my feed. 750 ppm and 5.6pH but it actually made it worse.

Second, i raised the humidity up to 65% to 70%. adding more lights made the ac work more hence lowering the Rh all the way down to 40% to 45%

Third, i sprayed the plants with OG biowar in case it is some type of fungal or mold issues. Room is very clean so i was pretty sure this was not the issue but foliar spraying compost tea can only help the plants.

After couple days of researching, contacting mega crop and consulting other more experienced growers, i decided to raise the feed to 1300 ppm. with in 12 hours, plants to started to regain its lush green color. and after two days it showed significant improvement compare to plants that didn't receive higher ppm feed. After 3 days, and 2 feedings, plants were at full health started taking off.

My main issue was i wasn't feeding them enough. I thought 750 ppm (350 ppm tap) plus compost tea was plenty of food for vegging plants but apparently these strains all wanted to way more. after checking the run off it was clear i was underfeeding. initial 1300 ppm feed run off came out about 900 consistently on all the plants checked. 400 ppm uptake is HUGE... My next feed was 1100 ppm and run off was around 950 to 1000 ppm. Run off was consistently around 1000 ppm so from here on my mix will be around 1000 ppm.

i never thought i would ever experience nitrogen def/ underfeeding. ive been feeding under 800 ppm for years and never experienced this issue. my guess is it could be due to new water source, or maybe because these plants have such a good roots they require more nutrients than my previous runs. I put extra attention for root maintenance last couple weeks. Diff types of fungal and bacterial teas... maybe this is why people tell me not to use compost tea in rockwool hydro set up... in total this was about week delay...

GastroGrower

Glad you figured it out! I tend to underfeed and have run into this in the past. Feels so good once you start to see them bouncing back.

Latest posts

Latest posts