What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring gamble

PDX Dopesmoker

These are probably the last living pictures for the Purples, they've been in a closet the last two days awaiting hanging time.
This is/was the purple one, whatever color was on the bud is either buried inside or faded away
rFkTEwR.jpg

There might be some color buried in there thats show up after I pull the leaf off
4JjkIXa.jpg

At least this seed is colorful
mHjoRPf.jpg

This is the control plant, no seeds visible here.
VaSgztE.jpg

None of them are really quite finished and they all could use a week or two more, but the seeds are done and thats what counts for me this time, plus I like the zippy buzz on young harvested flower.

PDX Dopesmoker

First plant is dry, looks like I got almost 100 mostly viable looking seeds and a little bit of nice smelling, sticky fluff as a bonus. I got like 1 hit worth of scissor hash too, haven't smoked it yet.
KGw9wxJ.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are probably the last living pictures for the Purples, they've been in a closet the last two days awaiting hanging time.
This is/was the purple one, whatever color was on the bud is either buried inside or faded away
View Image

There might be some color buried in there thats show up after I pull the leaf off
View Image

At least this seed is colorful
View Image

This is the control plant, no seeds visible here.
View Image
None of them are really quite finished and they all could use a week or two more, but the seeds are done and thats what counts for me this time, plus I like the zippy buzz on young harvested flower.

Excellent shots! Looks like a keeper! Lots of resin production! From what I understand, THC goes up and down slightly between day and night, I think daytime has peak thc because its generated by sunlight reacting inside the glandular trichome.

PDX Dopesmoker

Excellent shots! Looks like a keeper! Lots of resin production! From what I understand, THC goes up and down slightly between day and night, I think daytime has peak thc because its generated by sunlight reacting inside the glandular trichome.

I smoked a bowl of empty calyxes this morning, tasted like freshly dried greens, but it sure was strong enough so I'll be keeping the seeds for future use.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats the real test, the taste test! Every herb grower should make seeds and plant them! People would finally see the truth and God would heal the nation! :smoke:

PDX Dopesmoker

I trimming up one of these seeded mini plants like it was real bud to see if I could get an idea what it might've looked like unseeded. Seems frosty enough to me.
h645I5T.jpg

Theres a little hint of violet on the later forming, white haired calyxes which didn't get seeded or grown to maturity. Looks like maybe just in the trichome stalks.
IL25qU1.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

This is the African Diesel mother about 3 weeks post-pollination, I'm planning to cut her at the end of the month.
9ZO1WoR.jpg

Looks like she attracted some cottonwood pollen too
4K3xZjs.jpg

I guess the plant is just too sticky to expect it to stay clean outdoors. The seeds look like they're coming along nicely.
EZ293N5.jpg

I got about 100 viable looking seeds per plant on the other ones that were about this tiny size.

PDX Dopesmoker

No male flowers showing on this one yet and a bunch of the calyxes are splitting with healthy hulls showing, this is probably her last day. It'll have been about 59 days of light deprivation and about 35 days since pollination.
r7Coq9b.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

everything looks great the bud the seeds awesome dude. autos are fun to play with

OMG nice pics!!

Thanks, I did most of the stuff in this thread the quickest, cheapest and sleaziest way I could to still be relatively certain that I'd get a decent enough haul of viable seeds out of the effort. It seems to have paid off, I ended up with several hundred seeds divided amongst about 8 likely decent new seed variants as well as some seeds from a couple female plants with male flowers at the bottom to that I'll enjoy getting rid of and also I got a bunch of trichomes to ingest.
Seems like it was worth the effort to me, I'll probably try to run another group of little light dep plants next year too.

PDX Dopesmoker

I got an attempt at reverse light dep going now, these purples get to spend the nights inside under the blurples for a couple weeks so I can find out whos who and whatnot, looks like one male, three girls and a dozen juveniles so far. They got beat up by some hail a couple days ago, but they all survived that hurdle with only a little bit of bruising.
RSHtNtO.jpg