What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lost my phone with icmag and other sites opened in browser

NEED 4 SEED

Hey people, major problem. I lost my phone with a lot of compromising website tabs opened and logged in, Email accounts with conversation to seedbanks etc. Compromising documents. The phone itself was locked with a 4 digit display code and the sim card with a PIN. I called the provider and the deactivated the sim card.

How safe are these passwords and my data inside the phone?

I also tried to block the phone via google but this is only possible if the phone has internet access. They said it will block itself when it goes online next. I sent another command to delete the whole phone when online again.

Is there anything else i can do besides praying that nobody finds it? Is there maybe a possibility to logout, for instance, the icmag account from all other devices, so that somebody with my phone can't access anything and has to login again (given, he made it into my phone)?

Should I delete my account?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm pretty sure when I changed my password my phone stopped working to login the site till I reset it on the phone. If the phone gets internet again the google wipe should take care of most of the pertinent data. Good luck bro. I wouldn't go so far as delete your account unless you are in a place where it's highly illegal. I think you can ask the mods to temporarily disable your account as well if you are worried. :tiphat: Good luck. :huggg:

NEED 4 SEED

I'm pretty sure when I changed my password my phone stopped working to login the site till I reset it on the phone. If the phone gets internet again the google wipe should take care of most of the pertinent data. Good luck bro. I wouldn't go so far as delete your account unless you are in a place where it's highly illegal. I think you can ask the mods to temporarily disable your account as well if you are worried. :tiphat: Good luck. :huggg:

Of course its illegal here, or I wouldn't care. I will change my pw and ask for a temporary freeze. Thanks mate.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Good luck bro! It's legal here so I always semi-forget people who grow have their livelihoods on the line still across most of the planet.

Hydro8

Your info thru the locked phone is fairly safe, I doubt the NSA, FBI, secret hacker police will get it and make the effort to crack it.

I also tried to block the phone via google but this is only possible if the phone has internet access. They said it will block itself when it goes online next. I sent another command to delete the whole phone when online again.

The real security threat was already in play.

When you use an andriod/google phone on the internet, Google harvests all of the sites you go to, user names, emails, location and attaches it to your phone number. If you have the phone in your name it gets all linked to you. If you read Google TOS you gave them the right to harvest, store and sell/give this info to anyone they want(marketing agencies, DEA, NSA,?)

The info Google/andriod harvest is insanely accurate and personal. ALL of your internet activity, contact list, text messages, every where you go(within a 8ft radius), where you sleep, all the people you go near(that have a cell phone).

Welcome to Google ! just read the TOS and click -agree

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate reading these kinds of reminders but damn... Hydro8 said it well...
You're probably already on the hook. As am I.

Change email and password here to this account. Then that phone cant log in anymore here.

Make also new account. Different user name. The phone finder cant stalk you

Change also password for account/email you have on the phone.

Then make new email also
And use only the new email when you make new accounts.
Make new accounts with different names on every account

-Make the old accounts safe, change passwords Old email password. old accounts.
-And make a Fresh Start again with new accounts ,new different names and new email

-Stop use the old ones after you have change the passwords.
Then you are fine.

Good luck

JockBudman

A bit late to the party but if it helps it helps so...

My partner got lifted and phone taken in evidence with multiple chats about growing, buying etc logged on there. Police had it for months. Nothing happened

NEED 4 SEED

A bit late to the party but if it helps it helps so...

My partner got lifted and phone taken in evidence with multiple chats about growing, buying etc logged on there. Police had it for months. Nothing happened

Very nice! My understanding now is that its not that easy to break into a phone without guessing the password.

NEED 4 SEED

Change email and password here to this account. Then that phone cant log in anymore here.

Make also new account. Different user name. The phone finder cant stalk you

Change also password for account/email you have on the phone.

Then make new email also
And use only the new email when you make new accounts.
Make new accounts with different names on every account

-Make the old accounts safe, change passwords Old email password. old accounts.
-And make a Fresh Start again with new accounts ,new different names and new email

-Stop use the old ones after you have change the passwords.
Then you are fine.

Good luck

Thanks, I did all this already and keep my fingers crossed. It wasn't this account I am writing with but my old, first one. Changed all passwords and emails connected to accounts, deleted even my paypal, ebay...blocked the old sim card and my bank account etc...I think i have done everything possible...and will never do growing related internet stuff on a mobile device...

NEED 4 SEED

You can wipe your phone remotely :)

Yes, even locate it, but only when it has internet access which I hadn't turned on. So I decided to send a message to the display for the finder and then the wipe signal to be on the safe side and then let the provider block the sim card. So if someone manages to get into the phone, wanting to read the pages of the browser he must turn on the internet and is getting the wipe signal and...finito....