What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked ??

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Look at is this way. What you think is stupid might be useful for someone. Also people need to read and filter the info and finally decide what's what on their own. We, mods don't moderate the accuracy of the info, we just trying to keep a civil and friendly place where people can share information. You don't agree with something? GOOD. Say it, but say it in a nice way. The crowd will finally get more and better info from the forums. Even from a thread that might not be liked or considered helpful by a part of the comunity.
Also, keeping this thread ontopic means a post containing nothing but a trump comment/joke is really not needed. Go to the Tokers Den if you want to drop those.
My 2 cents..

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks, Galaxy. Here's an excerpt from that article-
Consequently, studies have so far failed to identify an association between cannabis smoke exposure and elevated risks of smoking-related cancers, such as cancers of the lung and neck. In fact, the largest case-controlled study ever to investigate the respiratory effects of marijuana smoking reported that cannabis use was not associated with lung-related cancers, even among subjects who reported smoking more than 22,000 joints over their lifetime. Summarizing the study’s findings in The Washington Post, pulmonologist Dr. Donald Tashkin, Professor Emeritus at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, concluded: “We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use. What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect.”

White Beard

Yes, thank you Jelly!

This is an example of the entire motive of ‘scientific’ research in the post-hippie era of prohibition: despite some hundred years of medicinal use, and numerous studies on the effects - including long-term use by chronic smokers of cannabis, conducted over decades - the establishment insisted that it COULDN'T be harmless, much less benign, that we didn’t know enough yet to appreciate the danger it posed. So they DUG. And in the end, the worst they could find was that they hadn’t found the smoking gun, or anything else. It would not be unfair to say that what they accomplished in truth was to PROVE the lack of harm caused by cannabis - and verified enough benefits that they HAD to change the focus of independent research.

That’s the real irony of people, cannabis users today - INSISTING that it is dangerous (maybe), to certain persons (yeah, who?), under hypothetical conditions, and that playing along with the current march toward a restrictive state monopoly on cannabis is NECESSARY...with all the old shit-talk about addicts and drugged-up thinking and not thinking about the children.

And still, the research to find the harm in cannabis continues on the federal dime, because there *must* be a pony in there *somewhere*.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I read a paper at NCBI recently that explained the phenomenon of cannabis smoke vs cigarette smoke.

In short, both have the carcinogen in the precursor form.

Tobacco smoke contains the proper constituents to convert the carcinogen.

Cannabis smoke, not only does not have the proper constituent to convert the carcinogen but it actually has constituents that encapsulate the carcinogen and prevent it from being converted.

Both introduce carbon into the lungs. Very bad. However, only the cigarette smoke contains carcinogens.

EDIT: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

soil margin

Veteran
I read a paper at NCBI recently that explained the phenomenon of cannabis smoke vs cigarette smoke.

Cannabis smoke, not only does not have the proper constituent to convert the carcinogen but it actually has constituents that encapsulate the carcinogen and prevent it from being converted.

Both introduce carbon into the lungs. Very bad. However, only the cigarette smoke contains carcinogens.

Yeah this makes perfect sense. It's why you can cough up a little black phlegm after smoking bong rips everyday but you're not going to end up with cancer. I think this is why it's safe to say that smoking isn't without "consequences" so to speak, but it's not dangerous in the way that smoking tobacco is.

S

Sertaiz

protective effect!!! my goodness! from all that car exhaust and the like

Galaxy420

Cannabis contains 568 total constituent parts ...

when ignited into smoldering cinder 4000 plus newly formed aromatic hydrocarbons are created from those 568 constituents...

aromatic hydrocarbons are carcinogenic... phytocanabinods in the cannabis smoke are protective type compounds and negate some of the harms associated with inhaling so many aromatics at one time over and over.

the protective role of cannabinoids ( Arachidonate signalling biochemical pathways) can be explained reading patent # 6630507

and here is that parts list.... we have identified a few more cannabinoids since this article
https://www.med.uvm.edu/docs/cms_me...s_medicalcannabis_handout_060716.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Edit -

want to mention too that even smoking is actually vaporizing ... ! How? the heat release point of the compounds are determinant upon location of said compound to the smoldering cinder ( heat cherry).

the compounds right on top of the cherry will succumb to the vast heat and not be transferable in the smoke ....

the compounds a few millimeters away will start to heat release via their heat set points or boiling points eTC...

vaporizing will form the compounds into an aerosol via the heat reactions and that aerosol gets delivers via inhalation .

IMO, Smoking will present mutated forms of those exacting shaped cannabis compounds but the heat of the cinder will kill off molds and bacteria and even dis mantle pesticides and artificial nutes ETC that would otherwise be delivered to the individual... the heat of a vaporizer will not reach high enough to destroy pesticides ETC so you actually get more chemicals ( good or bad) delivered cleanly in vapor than in smoke

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Joints provide effects for my wife she does not get from bowls or straight vaping. Over the years I've attributed it to the vaping & smoking effect of both. Multiple heat levels, pre-vaped cannabis burning, first and second hand smoke, there are quite a few variables which come into play.

Vapes leave her wanting, bowls less so, and sometimes she simply needs a joint to get properly medicated.

The lung function and cancer studies are interesting. Now you can see why using trichome dense, 'clean' cannabis (free of any extra nutrients or other un-converted non-cannabis molecules) does not cause a decline in lung function at all. It's a minimum of plant material and a maximum of cannabinoids and terpenes. It's Guud(tm). ;)

White Beard

I love my vapes, and I’ll smoke a joint if one’s being passed, but I’m a pipe man and always have been. I use a water pipe now (mostly) because it makes my lungs hurt less, but I too notice that as nice as vapes and dabs are, I just get ‘more thoroughly stoned’ or something by some indefinable measure from combusting.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
That’s the real irony of people, cannabis users today - INSISTING that it is dangerous (maybe), to certain persons (yeah, who?), under hypothetical conditions, and that playing along with the current march toward a restrictive state monopoly on cannabis is NECESSARY...
This.
respect.gif

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love my vapes, and I’ll smoke a joint if one’s being passed, but I’m a pipe man and always have been. I use a water pipe now (mostly) because it makes my lungs hurt less, but I too notice that as nice as vapes and dabs are, I just get ‘more thoroughly stoned’ or something by some indefinable measure from combusting.

I'm not sure exactly why but this seems to be the case for me as well.

Lately I prefer vaping, with my bong and a hot quartz bowl, due to the fact that it is a bit more functional for me. Bowls and joints get me a but more funked up with joints leading the charge. (probably because it doesn't go out and get put down between puffs)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
To no one in particular- When you smoke a joint, you're enjoying the feeling of being a free man. That's the good feeling you're having, lol.

chiesesganja

They're talking about marijuana, not cleanly grown cannabis. Since I figure <1% of the cannabis in the world is grown cleanly, I'm not surprised they have poor information on the subject.

Clean cannabis: cannabis grown in a way which leaves little to no residue of anything non-cannabis in it. (my definition)

When you smoke clean cannabis, there is no harshness, no 'burnt plant' flavor which starts strong and ends strongest. There is no heat on the throat and lungs and it's difficult to tell you've actually inhaled smoke. It's a massive intake of amazing aromas and delicious flavors.

Cannabis which is free of dust, pollen, insect bits/poop, hair, synthetic fibers, unconverted elements, excess plant material and non-cannabis chemicals, is truly amazing. When all I'm using is clean cannabis, doctors see how clear my lungs are and don't believe I smoke 24/7/365. ;)

"Cannabis" is for asthma and other lung issues. :D

HUGE difference. ;)

agree !!When I catch a cold, I will pump a lot.

Latest posts

Latest posts