What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats Cooking Icmag!

Malato

Hey y'all figured this would be cool. What's cooking? What you serving up for breakfast lunch or dinner? Got recipes share em! Drinks? Share those! Everything from edibles to enemas. Okay,, no enemas but you guys get the point.

Malato

Ill start with a few pics of stuff I've cooked not so long ago. I'm half Kikuyu half Mississippi white boy so it comes out in my food, as well as the regions I've grown up around the Cajun and Creole areas of the gulf coast, Puerto Rican Jamaican Haitian in central Florida and alot of southern food plus south east Asian, Honduran and Mexican where I'm at now.
Tostadas
picture.php

Gai yang
picture.php

Chapati, dry fry, beef choma, kuku choma, kachumbari and pili pili
picture.php

Brother Nature

Damn Malato, those tostadas have me drooling after my wake and bake. To quote Homer Simpson "MMMMMgggghhhh......". All I had this morning was some wholegrain toast with Vegemite and some freshly ground Ethiopian coffee. You've inspired me to make a more inventive lunch though.

Malato

Damn Malato, those tostadas have me drooling after my wake and bake. To quote Homer Simpson "MMMMMgggghhhh......". All I had this morning was some wholegrain toast with Vegemite and some freshly ground Ethiopian coffee. You've inspired me to make a more inventive lunch though.

Hey thanks man! Let us know what creations you come up with for lunch. Got lazy once I got home and just through some chicken quarters in rotisserie, use the drippings to make black beans, and make a small thing of brown rice.
picture.php

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: yum yum, I make something similar, the ultimate Wintertime (or anytime!) comfort food!

It's my own stoner creation, I've searched online but never found a recipe anywhere, maybe 'cause it just sounds so disgusting that no one's ever had the guts to go ahead and try it anyhow!:biggrin:

It's nice and stoner simple, I call it Fried Potato Salad.

.... it's not Potato Salad made with fried potatoes but rather your favorite deli Potato Salad (not mushed to death thru a food processor) fried in olive oil at medium low heat until alla the mayo has been caramelized and the potatoes are golden brown.

It looks extra pretty if the Potato Salad comes with some red and green stuff, salt to taste.:tiphat:

St. Phatty

:laughing: yum yum, I make something similar, the ultimate Wintertime (or anytime!) comfort food!

It looks extra pretty if the Potato Salad comes with some red and green stuff, salt to taste.:tiphat:

I think Baby Ray's barbecue sauce might have a touch of Horse-radish in it.

I think that helps to make a good Mayo sandwich, a good Barbecue sauce that has that horse-radish terpene :tiphat:

The goal is to build a healthy compost pile in the stomach. :huggg:

I tried eating redworms. I prefer to eat them alive and not do anything cruel like cut them in half.

BUT redworms can have eggs from parasite animals. So they really need to be boiled.

I think people learning to eat redworms is one of those things-that-seems-disgusting that might actually be necessary to provide food for everybody.

Especially with all the fisheries being over-fished etc.

Malato

You've at red worms straight from the ground phat? No food or cooking for me today, intermittent fasting. Tomorrow though will be a different story.

St. Phatty

You've at red worms straight from the ground phat? No food or cooking for me today, intermittent fasting. Tomorrow though will be a different story.

They were from the redworm compost bucket in my apartment, at the time.

I recorded myself eating them to make my family laugh.

Small price to pay for happiness.

Hard to eat a redworm without making a face.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
The goal is to build a healthy compost pile in the stomach. :huggg:

I tried eating redworms. I prefer to eat them alive and not do anything cruel like cut them in half.

BUT redworms can have eggs from parasite animals. So they really need to be boiled.

I think people learning to eat redworms is one of those things-that-seems-disgusting that might actually be necessary to provide food for everybody.....

For a really healthy compost pile in the stomach howz abt adding some of those high protein Red Wigglers to the fried potato salad, betcha they cook up nice 'n tasty and turn that side dish into a well-rounded meal!

....... and if we ever reach the point of economic collapse, potatoes are easy to grow and we can start worm farming creating food for us and compost for our favorite plant friends.

.............. see, thanks to Phatty and my brilliant recipe creation, we're already well on our way to economic and ecological self-sufficiency, stoner ingenuity at its finest!:tiphat:

St. Phatty

For a really healthy compost pile in the stomach howz abt adding some of those high protein Red Wigglers to the fried potato salad, betcha they cook up nice 'n tasty and turn that side dish into a well-rounded meal!

I think it's too late for some of us older members.

Eating live redworms will always be icky.

A cultural training thing.

I suggest teaching young children to eat bugs worms etc.

They are young enough to learn "a new way".

Personally, I'd rather stick with the Mayo sandwiches.

Malato

Hey guys what's cooking for super bowl Sunday? I'm making chicken and carnitas quesadillas with rice and beans, Pico, guac etc loads of busch to drink and some bho as a treat. Love to hear what everyone else is cooking and drinking. Let's go pats:biggrin:

kaochiu

Veteran
I think it's too late for some of us older members.

Eating live redworms will always be icky.

A cultural training thing.

I suggest teaching young children to eat bugs worms etc.

They are young enough to learn "a new way".

Personally, I'd rather stick with the Mayo sandwiches.

I don't like the idea of eating redworms, but I know that it'll only take 24 hours tops to gorge on them if there's nothing else on the menu. So, I wait for hunger to strike, best food complement ever invented, vastly improving every bite.

Someone gave me these CRABS, and I had to learn from SCRATCH (since I never cooked them before) Very hot and very spicy. Had to take a shower after lunch, all that brain sucking and bone crunching noises with red sauce dripping and jetting everywhere.

Malato

I don't like the idea of eating redworms, but I know that it'll only take 24 hours tops to gorge on them if there's nothing else on the menu. So, I wait for hunger to strike, best food complement ever invented, vastly improving every bite.

Someone gave me these CRABS, and I had to learn from SCRATCH (since I never cooked them before) Very hot and very spicy. Had to take a shower after lunch, all that brain sucking and bone crunching noises with red sauce dripping and jetting everywhere.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70487&pictureid=1920855&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Those look seriously good man :biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

ask anyone in the chatroom, I'm always
cooking chicken, I know 1001 different
positions... err, recipes, yeah recipes. :)

wXeLVFS.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts