What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where is ABC?

med_breeder

WHat ever happened to ABC

Australian bastard cannabis. It is a strain of cannabis, found only in australia that has leaves that do not look like the traditional cannabis leaves.
I saw a story on it in cannabis culture a while back. It appears to be a great stealth strain. I heard the potency is low, but for breeding purposes it would be very usefull.
There was alot of hype, and then suddenly it fizzled.

Is anyone out there working on any ABC projects or has in the past.
If so, would love to know.

peace,
mb

JLP

Veteran
There used to be a guy named FET that claimed to have it.He called it "Dizzy".He was at CW but he got kicked off the board I believe.

The only info I've ever seen on it says that it has low potency and some mutation.Apparently it's only desirable feature is that it doesn't look like weed.

FET would sell just about anything,but I never saw him sell any "Dizzy" so it must be some real shwag.

Like toofat said,if your looking for a good stealth strain try Duckfoot.

JLP:)

Telepod

the "true" abc

the "true" abc

is a matter of contention... well at least to one or two members of the cannabis community. ;)

I know of a very well-educated and conscientious breeder who is working on "improving" the ABC into a well-worked line of F1 stealth seed.

I don't know how far along into the process he is (evidently multiple years) or how long it will take. But I suspect the word will get out once the seeds become available!

Good luck,

-Telepod

G

This strain as i uderstand it is good for cross breeding but has no quality. As for the genetic material it has done well at raising the frost tolerance of varietys crossed to it . As i undwerstand the hash from it is even a poor quiality.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Anyone know where to find this 5 years later?

hybe was working with it but I think one of it's other bad qualities (besides low potency) was that the mutation causing it to not look like pot didn't appear when crossed with more potent strains.

Z10N

in my garden.
well, used to be in my garden....
actually I got this mutation few times over the years. I dont know how come Im so lucky.
I miss that little bastard girl. she smelled so good but yeah wasn't potent at all.
nonetheless was fun to grow...

:xmastree::stocking::smokeit::tree:
happy new years to you all

Zion

ozza

Veteran
There is a dude that has it and speaks like he still does. He seems like he is not gunna let it get about though. Shame, hope it don't die.

mazar_man

hyb got the original seeds from emory following the original article on ABC in cannabis culture magazine, he worked it for quite awhile and i remember him trying to get it carried by another big seed bank (can't remember name). hyb's the one to ask he's likely still posting posting on here but he gets banned as fast as he comes up with a new handle normally so hard to find... last I saw here he was posting under nvisionary

real interesting thread...... plus its 10 years old.

im gonna subscribe

who knows, maybe one day these genetics will pop back up:)

ozza

Veteran
There is a guy on Oz stoners who just said the other day, he still has it.

May I ask who is FET?