What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From -55F last week to +40F this week.
a 95 degree swing in temps made that +40F T-shirt weather I'm betting.

can't show any pics of me but I just shaved my face clean.

not near as long as a ZZ Top beard but mine was about 10Xs thicker, it was
like wearing a fuzzy neck brace up front, it'd hold my head up if I felt like a
nap at my desk. It's -15F & I went to walk my dogs when I was slapped in the
face by the wicked biting cold.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

OK, last night was our first really cold one, recorded low
for the overnight temp was -19F, even the dogs do what
they need to and come in right away, this bites.......

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
We are having a cold wave across the west right now, its been clear and sunny, and down to 15F at night, very cold for my area, shoot, some years it never gets below freezing at my elevation.

j6p

Currently +5F and dropping
Snowed yesterday
Heavy snow today and tomorrow
Wind gusts to 40mph
White out conditions from blowing snow

Thursday should be clear and calm, -10F no wind chill, good day for cross-country skiing :D

Giant

Okay, so at the risk of sounding like a pussy it was about 30*f here and it felt damn cold! I live by the beach man, its not supposed to get this chilly..

Now in my defense, this is socal and up until last week we were having temps in the 70s during the day, and mid 50s at night. This winter storm was quite the shock!

sorcival

foot and a half of snow in the ozark backwoods, BUT I have 3 cords of wood split and
the wood stove is feeling REAL good...Got nowhere else to be, so its kick back and toke
time...and watch a white wonderland till christmas time.

R

Ronley

This is supposed to be the coldest night of this Alberta clipper/Manitoba mauler combo....... in the past 90 minutes its gone from -13F down to -22F. a -40 is predicted right now.

I have absolutely no idea as to what that can be like.
I am at 62F and i am cold.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

well this year I might change my tradition of when
I don my long johns, I usually hold out until it gets
to -35F but this season it's gonna be -20.......

and not too bad tonight as it has held steady @ 0.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
13F this morning at 1000', parts of eastern Oregon are having sub-zero temps, the northern bay area in Cali has freezing temps nearly as bad as us by the looks of it.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

just got done with that big cold snap, we had 7 consecutive nights where
temps dipped down to -20F before warming to daytime highs of -10F.......

zomg1

last weekend it was -59 Celsius (-74F for all you americans) with the windchill, right now its -7 and it feels balmy

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran

just got done with that big cold snap, we had 7 consecutive nights where
temps dipped down to -20F before warming to daytime highs of -10F.......

Jesus Christ at those #, how do you live/survive when its that cold? When i was in SA and the temp drop down to 35 - 40 i felt very uncomfortable, then again i came from a country where its always 95 + and the hum almost 100% everyday.

Now i live in Ca and i love the temp here, but man i cant imagine what i would do with those temp you posted above.

cheers,

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Around 0c / 32f today, down to -4c / (25f ?) tonight....5 inches of snow last night, more on the way.

But these are extraordinary weather conditions for Southern UK. Country grinding to a standstill, power cuts in some Eastern Counties.

Considering we are further North (52N here) than a lot of you guys over the pond....we sure is lucky. Shit will hit the fan if and when the Gulf Stream moves or stops.

zomg1

Jesus Christ at those #, how do you live/survive when its that cold? When i was in SA and the temp drop down to 35 - 40 i felt very uncomfortable, then again i came from a country where its always 95 + and the hum almost 100% everyday.

Now i live in Ca and i love the temp here, but man i cant imagine what i would do with those temp you posted above.

cheers,

layers... lots and lots of layers lol
thermal underwear ftw