What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super lemon haze how does it rate these days?

Sign

Day 63

Purple
picture.php

Green
picture.php

Group
picture.php

Looks like they are starting to finish up, few weeks more maybe. So cold down there though I dunno. I pollinated a tiny branch on each one with some sweet citrusy smelling mazar I sharif, figured what the heck, what's a little more indica amongst friends... I do plan on crossing the two together later this year though.

The purple one has started to smell like carrot of all things, I've never had carrot weed before. It's had the most confusing smells, they keep changing all over the place. Green is still sweet and lemon smelling.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Decided to run a couple SLH from the seed I bought about a decade ago. This time I'm running them outdoors in the sunshine and you can clearly see the difference running outdoors vs running them indoors under lights. The indoor plants I had were way stockier and leafier overall...internodes were very tight on those indoor plants.

Anyway...I got two phenotypes...one shorter and more stocky, the other taller with longer internode spacing. Sweet Lemon smells coming off of both...just like those little lemon candies coated in sugar that I used to get when I was a kid. Trichome coverage on both is outstanding.

Here's the lanky one...

JJr47sSl.jpg

Ok3FyrWl.jpg

IcKUoE3l.jpg

Here's the short one...closer internode spacing...tighter bud development...same smell as her sister...
yvOtAqxl.jpg

5VvXFc1l.jpg

Based on looks alone, I favor the lanky one atm. Proof is in the smoke though, so we'll see. I've hit both plants with a5 Thai pollen as well as some c99 x 303 pollen from a very narrow leaved male.

I also have clones of each plant above. The plan for the clones is to reverse one and try to use that pollen to make seed with the non-reversed female clone...I guess you'd call them S2s? Anyway, that's the plan at this point.

HB.

Moxa stick

2012 GHS stock

2012 GHS stock

I saw only two phenos, tall, narrow leaf, long flowering(80+-) very sativa and shorter, 67 day skunk appearance. The tall phenos were very strong and long lasting. The skunkier appearing phenos had a stronger lemon flavor, but muddier high.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
I was a big big fan of that clone went around europe, with seeds i didn't had much luck...

I

IncenseRosemary

Decided to run a couple SLH from the seed I bought about a decade ago. This time I'm running them outdoors in the sunshine and you can clearly see the difference running outdoors vs running them indoors under lights. The indoor plants I had were way stockier and leafier overall...internodes were very tight on those indoor plants.

Anyway...I got two phenotypes...one shorter and more stocky, the other taller with longer internode spacing. Sweet Lemon smells coming off of both...just like those little lemon candies coated in sugar that I used to get when I was a kid. Trichome coverage on both is outstanding.

Here's the lanky one...

View Image
View Image
View Image

Here's the short one...closer internode spacing...tighter bud development...same smell as her sister...
View Image
View Image

Based on looks alone, I favor the lanky one atm. Proof is in the smoke though, so we'll see. I've hit both plants with a5 Thai pollen as well as some c99 x 303 pollen from a very narrow leaved male.

I also have clones of each plant above. The plan for the clones is to reverse one and try to use that pollen to make seed with the non-reversed female clone...I guess you'd call them S2s? Anyway, that's the plan at this point.

HB.

SLH x A5/thai-holy grail 4 shure.:comfort:

TheDarkStorm

Sign are you sure thats greenhouse's versions of super lemon haze cuz to me it looks like one ov the attempted remakes by other seed companies that have used completely different parent plants.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Afaid to say those pics above don't look nothing like the Super Lemon Haze I know, its way to leafy, SLH is a sativa an should have the long slender leafs and fox tailing traits the SLH is known for, we have a clone we had in house for 16+years the original green house cut brought over to the UK by a marocan pal of mine back in the day, I have just made a new strain with her crossed to the wifi og pure lemon goodness, called Lemon Dizzle check out our sub forum theres loads of test grow going on now,..
https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65853

But this is the typical all bud structure of these plants,..

View Image

View Image

View Image

:tiphat:[/QUOTE
This is a fine example of the bullshit in the growers community, how can you have a 16+ years clone of SLH in 2019 when the strain is no more than 13/14 years in 2021. There is something wrong somewhere, the clone age or identity is not possible. I don't believe there was clones of SLH who were circulating in 2003, at this time the SLH was not a project yet.

lLucky

The SLH sold today is definitely not the same thing that was once sold, but it's still pretty good.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Here's the short one

I grew a pack around the time that was posted, that looked much like it, indoors. They were medium to tall and with vigor but the smell I suspect is called lemon because people can't think of a better word for it. It's strong and not citrus but it's very hard to put a finger on it, except definitely not lemon. Maybe nothing has changed except people now expect to find GHS regseed genetics in Seedsman freebies and femseed? I haven't looked into what the genetics are claimed to be but it would not surprise me at all if there's a male same as the one Sensi used on their NL5xHaze of 15 years ago, it seemed clear at the time they had similarities. But I'd much prefer citrus instead of whatever SLH is.

Emeraldo

I bought a 5 pack from GHS in 2020 and grew out one very vigorous plant outdoors, she reached about 2.5 meters in height and her bud is still my favorite. She had wider leaves and stronger main stem and fewer branches than either of the two below.

This year am growing the last two seeds of the 5 pack out, got two very different phenos that look different from the plant in 2020. These were slow to get into veg, very slow. One is taller, now at about 4 feet, the other shorter one at about three feet. The second shorter pheno below has yellow stripes in her leaves and a skunky aroma. Both of these phenos have delicate branching at this point still at 3.5 months from seed.
SLH#1-19.07.22.jpg

Last edited:

HabourGenetics

Any one looking for the real deal slh in seeds form nowadays Try Ethos Slh. Growing out plenty of other companies slh incl greenhouse and that’s the closest I got to the slh weed that’s still dominating the german market. It’s around day 50-55 and needs 2 weeks more. Guess I chopped the mom from seeds around day 63. pics are the clone

Attachments

• 972BE8AF-9765-43EA-95B0-CA4D2AD4A063.jpeg
    972BE8AF-9765-43EA-95B0-CA4D2AD4A063.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 7647691C-2390-44AD-928C-8B26A0736F71.jpeg
    7647691C-2390-44AD-928C-8B26A0736F71.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • 80412535-85C7-4A6F-BABD-719E58A24D8F.jpeg
    80412535-85C7-4A6F-BABD-719E58A24D8F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • EA709224-8A5B-4E23-8B36-CD4723AFD354.jpeg
    EA709224-8A5B-4E23-8B36-CD4723AFD354.jpeg