What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super lemon haze how does it rate these days?

Sign

I got a couple freebies from seedsman and both germed and turned into really really healthy happy plants. Both are smelling scrumptious and really packing on the trichs.

I wanted to see pics and there are no recent threads on it, are people not growing it anymore? Did it change drastically from it's heyday? Just nothing left to talk about with all the new stuff out?

How does it stack up to the latest greatest?

Here's mine at 48 days, one pheno smells like lemon candy, has light green leaves and seems to be maturing faster than the other one which is very dark green with beautiful purpling in the cold and has a scent that kind of smells like a hair salon or mango mixed with pineapple... I can't really tell it's a confusing smell. I fimmed them both and super cropped them, would probably be larger but they're in an unheated basement, can't wait to try the clones when it's warmer.

picture.php

madalasatori

Veteran
All... bud..

Aaaaalll.... bud...

OP I grew greenhouse slh about 8 years ago, it looked nothing like those plants

Bud_Man10

Veteran

Attachments

• DSC_0422.jpg
    DSC_0422.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0418.jpg
    DSC_0418.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0426.jpg
    DSC_0426.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 99
  • P1053155.jpg
    P1053155.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0166.jpg
    DSC_0166.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0424.jpg
    DSC_0424.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0425.jpg
    DSC_0425.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0189.jpg
    DSC_0189.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 82

Bud_Man10

Veteran
They look nice, healthy and happy...hope they turn out good for you brutha...please keep us posted.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The cold can have drastic effects on proven pheno's. Typically I see too much leaf, and little bud formation. Often the air temp is fair when the lights are on, but very cold at night, and the root zone temp seems more important that the night time air. Just getting them off the ground makes a difference.

Two bloom chambers on opposite 12/12 cycles could make sense. So one warms the other by circulating air between them.

R

red23

:)

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5046.jpg
    IMG_5046.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5353.jpg
    IMG_5353.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 48

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
They were nice plants, decent yield, smoke was good...nice sweet lemon smell to the flowers. Plants I grew from seed purchased in 2010 had long petioles. I should have staked it, but I was trying out vertical bulb growing and didn’t bother.

picture.php

picture.php

HB.

Sign

Day 56 from flip darker one in front this time
picture.php

Closeup of the dark green/purple one
picture.php

And the lighter green one
picture.php

Daytime 62f, night 52f.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Afaid to say those pics above don't look nothing like the Super Lemon Haze I know, its way to leafy, SLH is a sativa an should have the long slender leafs and fox tailing traits the SLH is known for, we have a clone we had in house for 16+years the original green house cut brought over to the UK by a marocan pal of mine back in the day, I have just made a new strain with her crossed to the wifi og pure lemon goodness, called Lemon Dizzle check out our sub forum theres loads of test grow going on now,..
https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65853

But this is the typical all bud structure of these plants,..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

Sign

Yeah, I wonder if that isn't the cold mixed with the CMH lighting, and maybe different parents lol. I read a newer thread on ***** and saw one guy that looked like he was growing the same batch as I am.

Meh, I'll update with a harvest shot just for the sake of completion.

Last edited:

insomniac_AU

and maybe different parents lol.
Sorry you got suckered as well mate it's one of the problems of an unregulated market. I once bought seeds from a reasonably well known seed company claiming to be GSC that plainly weren't. You did a great job growing them though.

Lovely plants Panikz. Can you tell me is the LD similar structure or a little more stout? I'm thinking about the suitability for height restricted growing.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Yeah, I wonder if that isn't the cold mixed with the CMH lighting, and maybe different parents lol. I read a newer thread on ***** and saw one guy that looked like he was growing the same batch as I am.

Meh, I'll update with a harvest shot just for the sake of completion, people should see the difference between the original and current

Maybe yours just lean more to the lemon skunk side? Although I know cool temps can have a shortening effect also...

insomniac_AU

Maybe yours just lean more to the lemon skunk side? Although I know cool temps can have a shortening effect also...
I know phenos can vary mate but this is like squinting your eyes and convincing yourself the elephant in your backyard is the offspring of prize Cocker Spaniels.

Sign

Haha, well, they were free seeds and look like they will produce some smoke and a crap ton of leaf for butter so no hard feelings on my end. I do wonder if the clones I took will look similar when I grow them in the summer the cold really does keep them from stretching. But cold or no cold the leaves still look plenty indica.

Thanks for the kind words and the benefit of your experienced eye everyone.

meizzwang

super lemon haze (feminized) acquired in 2016 were excellent quality. Grew 2 seeds and there was definitely some variation going on. One was more skunky than lemons, the other was more lemons. Both had outstanding bag appeal and aromas when dried.

Didn't take pics at peak maturity, but snapped a quick shot while the buds were pretty young:
36646868843_8c0c1acc6e_c.jpg

MintyMick

I have two lemon haze phenos. One looks like PANIKZ’s and is more skunky/ sativa leaning and one looks exactly like Sign’s and is a little smaller and smells like lemon. Keep in mind there are about 6 different phenotypes per seed finder which I cut and pasted below:

1.: short, compact, fastly blossoming, indica-dominant Phenotype #1
2.: long, stretched, fastly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype #1
3.: long, stretched, fastly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype #3
4.: short, compact, slowly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype #1
5.: long, stretched, slowly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype
6.: long, stretched, slowly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype #2

And since the mother plants (Super Silver Haze x Lemon Skunk) are polyhybrids, I’m sure there are even more phenos than are listed above. It’s really hard to find a strain that has the same gene expression when grown from seed unless it is a landrace. And in my opinion, SLH is fucking awesome (at least the two I have are), I’m planning on ordering some seeds from GH seeds in a couple of months to see if the new shiz stacks up to the old shiz I have from 2010.

Last edited:

mr autoflow

This a Lemon Haze from RQS, not citrus smell at least at 3 week cure. Its like a 50/50 between amnesia haze and skunk in all the carasteristics. Everyone loves it, to me it gives me a little bit of axienty but I still like it. 10weeks

Attachments

• _MG_2470.jpg
    _MG_2470.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Latest posts