What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro Tent Grow - 40cm x 40cm 100w LED (CXB3590) Unknown Strain

Brother Nature

and a couple more

and a couple more

More Photos:

picture.php

picture.php

Brother Nature

Thanks mate, I thought that one was a cool photo too. :D Hard to get good ones with a phone, but it does the job well enough. Thinking in the next run I'll be scroggin it as the Cree is a great LED, but just not a penetrator, plus she stretched way more than I anticipated. Have a feeling I'll be taking the top buds around week 10 then letting the lowers mature a bit, probably take them around week 12.

R

Rab.C

hey brother nature great tip i am going to try that.taking top buds and let lower stuff get more light..luv this site learn something everyday i am on here

Brother Nature

Update Day 48

Update Day 48

Been a bit, had a move recently, in a much more rural place now. Wish it would have been before the outdoor season, but oh well, it's always the season indoors. Nice to not have to hide this thing in the closet any more.

She's really starting to look good now, currently one day before week 7 and I've had to tie most of the tops back as they were starting to fall all over each other. Smell is very spicy and somewhat chocolaty with a good solid skunk base.

Nutes:
Canna A and B: 2ml per L (15ml)
Canna boost: 1ml per L (7-8ml)
Flairform CMX: .5ml per L (3-4ml, every other res refill)
Will likely start PK 13/14 tomorrow as I'm aiming for 10 weeks.

Tent Shot:
(Most of the tops stretched above the light so aren't looking great, but that's what you get when you don't anticipate a 3x stretch)
picture.php

A lower canopy bud:
picture.php

Top Shot:
picture.php

The money Shot: (Day 48 top bud)
picture.php

Pumpkin

Veteran
Looks great brother nature. Are you remembering to flush once a week? I looks like you have a bit of nute burn by looking at the tips of your leaves. You might see some improved growth just by running some fresh water through your pots. I think your scrogging idea might be a good one in that small space, especially with such a stretchy strain. Evening out that canopy next run could improve what you pull from your space quite a bit I reckon. And it would be nice to have your light above your canopy, but you ran out of head room this time :)

Brother Nature

Thanks for the advice pumpkin, I've been giving them a good flush about every two weeks. In fact she's due for one tonight. I'd over fed her around week two and then had about a week of ph issues due to salt buildup following that so the burn came from that. I would have preferred a scrog this round but as I had no idea what the strain was, she came out of a bottle of mixed seeds I've had for years. I just grew her out and she stretched about 3x during the beginning of flower. I'll definitely be posting before the chop, I always appreciate a good input of constructive criticism. I''m assuming she'll be a 10-12 weeker and I'm leaning closer to 12. She's likely not a full sativa as the leaves were pretty wide in veg, I'd love for her to be a nice haze cross but I really have no clue. I kind of like that I have no clue how she'll end up too, I learn something new with her each week. All in all I feel it's been a positive run no matter the turn out as it's gotten me back into the swing of things. The LED is amazing and I couldn't imagine growing indoors without blumats now.

Brother Nature

Day 58 Update

Day 58 Update

So I'm now at day 58 of flower and she's starting to look pretty good. Since last week she's fattened up and is producing trichs like crazy now. The trichomes are looking about 60-70% full cloudy with a few amber's popping up on the tops, calyxs are still fattening up and white hairs are still pushing out so probably have a few weeks left still, hoping only 2 but time will tell. Starting to slowly reduce nutes now too. The smell is still evolving, more of a rotten fruity smell now (but in a good way), can still get a bit of coco and something else I can't quite put my finger on at the moment. It's not a loud smell, pretty subtle but still nice.

Nutrients - Canna A and B @ ec 0.8
Temps - Day/Night - 24/26 degrees C

Photos (from day 56):

Tent Shot:
picture.php

Lower canopy branch:
picture.php

Lower canopy bud:
picture.php

Top:
picture.php

R

Rab.C

looks great Brother Nature these leds produce good buds i would like a cpl of these for my growroom

Brother Nature

Day 71 - Getting close

Day 71 - Getting close

Now at day 71, they're looking pretty close to harvest.

Nearly all trichs are cloudy, starting to see a fair amount of amber on the tops. Looking to harvest within 5-10 days. Smell is still very subtle, but nice. It is mostly of an orangy skunky smell, hopefully it translates into the taste too.

EC level is at 0.4 only using Canna A & B.

Tent Shot:
picture.php

Lower Canopy Bud:
picture.php

Top bud, back left corner:
picture.php

Top Bud:
picture.php

Close(ish)-up bud:
picture.php

R

Rab.C

very nice looking buds Brother Nature great yield too by the looks of them

Brother Nature

Cheers Rab, I'm hoping so!

Started the flush last night, will likely harvest this Friday or Saturday (day 78 or 79).

The pot is about 4-5 liters and I ran about 10 liters of PH'd (5.8) water @ ec 0.2 (that's how it comes out of the tap here) through it. First 5 liters came out at EC 1.4, second 5l came out at EC 0.4. It's currently running through the last of the nutes in the res (Canna A & B @ 0.4 EC) and once it's through that, hopefully in a day or two, I'll change it to a water only feed.

The best way to describe the buds at this point would be tropical. :) I'm expecting a decent yield for the space and light used, not sure what to expect in terms of potency and flavor, but that's all part of the fun of it in my book. Will report back in a few days.

Brother Nature

Harvest Part 1

Harvest Part 1

I've decided to stagger the harvest, which I think was a good idea.
Harvested about 1/3 at days 78 - 81, about 5-6 tops and branches. The first batch could have been flushed a bit better I think as the more dense buds seem to crackle a little and the taste really isn't there, the stuff harvested at day 81 is much smoother and cleaner tasting. All up it's going to be a very decent harvest for the size tent and light.

The first third I harvested and trimmed up turned out to be about 35 grams. It's a decent high, very cerebral, not much body to it at all, very energetic, it's a good all day smoke but the potency could be better. A single joint is good, but it takes two to get me where I like (though I do smoke a lot). Had 2 joints with my flatmates and one didn't want the second round so it's at least good enough for the average smoker. Good news is it's not got much of a ceiling so the more you smoke the higher you get.

Taste could be better, I don't think I flushed her enough before chopping the first bit, next batch will be better. Very nontraditional taste, I get mostly a spicy and piney taste, followed by earthy, nutty, and coffee/coco. It's quite nice through the vape, but doesn't translate all that well in the bong or pipe. Smell is pretty subtle, kind of a sour fruity smell with a hint of coco, seems to be improving now it's in the jar.

Anyways, here's some photos of the trimmed harvest (minus what I've smoked so far, 8 grams-ish).

Total harvest form days 78-81 trimmed and dried, just prior to being jarred:

picture.php

Close up of a few of the tops:

picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
After a couple months in the jar you will find this bud to be your best smoke, no doubt.

Brother Nature

Final harvest - Day 100

Final harvest - Day 100

Been quite busy lately, but finally harvested the last of her at day 100. The tops densed up a bit, stigmas remained quite thick but turned a darker orange/brown, still a couple white ones on the lower buds. Smell developed into a rotten fruity smell with a good chunk of skunk and a little chocolate, but still not a very loud smell. Still drying so haven't had a chance to smoke the later harvested stuff, but it looks denser, smells better and is a bit more sparkly so my hopes are high that it'll be a bit nicer.

Tent - Day 100
picture.php

Lower canopy - Day 100

picture.php

Little bud - Day 100

picture.php

Pretty happy with the yield for this little tent and light combo, haven't weighed it out yet as its all still drying. The first harvest netted 36g of just tops. The lower leafy bud harvest weighed in at 152g wet, with a 70% loss in moisture that's about 45g. I froze that fresh and made bubble out of it though so won't know the true weight of it. Made about 3g of bubble, almost all in the 75ug and 25ug bags (the 25 is surprisingly nice too, but I should get a 45ug maybe next time). The bubble has a very minty taste to it too, which is kind of odd as I haven't tasted mint from any of the buds. I'll do a proper conclusion post when everything's dry and I can include a smoke report of the more mature buds.

2nd harvest, just tops - Day 100, pre-trim.
picture.php

Wet harvest of bottom larfy buds, about 152g - Day 100
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts