What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Day 14 flower ace tropical mix unknown strain

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Make sure your intakes are filtered, it's the least you can do
to get the cleanest air into the the grow area.

picture.php

That's @ 6 weeks, before and after.

Change the filter pads regularly.

jonhova

Day 28 flower

Day 28 flower

Day 28 flower

Stretch isnt over but is slowing down. 3 branches hit the ceiling/lights and got a bit crispy. Luckily only fan leaves. Supercropped everything again to manage height.

I noticed i was probably over feeding at 1.5 grams per quart of water. Lowered the Maxibloom to 1.0 grams per quart of water. Slight necrosis on bottom leaves and very bottom leaves dying off completely.

I did read about sativas being nute sensitive so i can confirm they dont need max strength of maxibloom.

jonhova

leaving 6.0 ph maxibloom water in a catch tray is not a good idea. The water drifted down into lockout zone after less than 24 hours.

I wonder how guys stabilize the ph in deep water culture. Hmm.

deepwaterdude

leaving 6.0 ph maxibloom water in a catch tray is not a good idea. The water drifted down into lockout zone after less than 24 hours.

I wonder how guys stabilize the ph in deep water culture. Hmm.

Despite my moniker, I can't call myself an expert or anything, but the most experienced deepwaterdudes let it drift a few points and hit all the notes of the scale;) When feeding/changing res, pH starts at 5.8 and drifts up to 6.2-6.5 or even to 7 (not so high for me), then back down with the res reset. Res temps are super important to uptake and root health, more than trying to hold a squirming pH in place. Plus, not all nutes can be assimilated at one pH. It will always be a compromise if you try to hold it at 5.8 or 6.2, better to let it drift between.
With sats that don't eat a ton and other predictable plants, it's pretty easy to find a sweet spot where water and nutes are being taken pretty evenly and hence pH and EC pretty stable within a certain range. Just got to be sensitive to how much they're actually eating and watch the plants like a hawk for early deficiency signs.
My $2.50;)

jonhova

I read that light effects ph. The drip trays im using are clear shoeboxes with no cover. Im thinking thats whats causing the problem. Since its drifting down perhaps i should over shoot 6.0 a bit so when it drifts down it goes to 6 and not 5.0 like when i tested it after 24 hours IF i were to continue usig a drip tray reservoir.

For now i think ill just stay on top of daily watering with no reservoir underneath.

deepwaterdude

Yeah, definitely nix the catch tray and drain to waste for a while. You don't want the plants sitting in their own runoff without an air stone, and I think shoeboxes are pretty deep. You're basically using KISS method with the maxi? If pH is dropping so drastically, could be that plants are thirstier than they are hungry, drinking water and not eating as many nutes, so over time nute concentration goes up and pH down. You could try 1/4 strength and see if pH goes opposite direction, then up it from there. If EC is staying stable and pH is still swinging, then I'm stumped. Good luck!

jonhova

Day 42 flowers

Day 42 flowers

Seems like getting the ph on lock has been good.

No reservoir. Started watering 1 gallon instead of .5 gallon at 5-6 grams per gallon and silica to ph up.

I realized my photos can look a lot better so ill try making them a little prettier, bare with me.

Kaskadian

Veteran
They're really starting to fill out brother! Can't wait to see the jungle. Really nice work training/controlling your plants.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jonhova,

I think i can confirm it's clearly a VERY vietnamese sativa pheno from Orient Express line. Be careful with the feedings because i can see signs of overfeeding in your plant.

Let me know if you have any other doubt. Best regards, dubi

jonhova

This is very strange. It is so branchy and stretches so much. Has nute sensitivity. I dont know what to think as the orient express page on ace’s website says OE is squat, columnar, and likes high nutes almost completely the opposite of what im seeing. smell is non existent for now.

Can i ask about your floweting times? Is that from first day of 12/12 light change or from first sign of bud growth?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts