What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

pinkus

Veteran
Smoked a lot of skunk. Since it was and is a hybrid, it was everything from "meh" to "WOW"! but mostly, it was generally better than Mexican brick, generally. Sometimes the brick was Better.

BTW, not many people were running clones back in the day (up into the early 90s it was still true) so it varied A LOT.

I'm looking for the weed the better Mex came from. :shooty:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The problem is, he ran the gear so he knows what's in it. Can't blame it on Master Thai at this point.

Hyped the 2nd release to have more skunk phenos, which I ran and found zero. Now with the 3rd release upcoming he claims to have the skunk pheno 'locked in'. In not one of his description of phenos do I recall ever reading anything about 'fruity' terps which is all I found running 6 females. Explain that one.

And he's also hyping his 'corpse flower' which he absolutely does claim to have true rks phenos in it. I have a pack of those and 2 packs from the first skunk18 release which I doubt I'll ever run. I'm done believing anything that dude says. Total scammer imo.

I have a few of the haze crosses I have been waiting to pop. Not even hunting for a skunk. I would just like to start seeing a few people at least finding great smoke before I dedicate too much space. Or any?

KyBudz

Not uncle festers skunk.. but here we have the Classic Kentucky Skunk that’s been bx since the 70s here to keep seed stock.. shit blows nature farm out of the water

8D862891-FED0-4F43-A973-4A8DF520CDB4.jpg

412BED03-E6BE-47C8-B2EC-EFC04712EC47.jpg

3C4EEC65-FC1C-49B0-BAF8-09E8E90E6D9F.jpg

They actually stink in veg.. something I didn’t notice with nature farm skunk works..

Ribsauce

Agreed

Agreed

The problem is, he ran the gear so he knows what's in it. Can't blame it on Master Thai at this point.

Hyped the 2nd release to have more skunk phenos, which I ran and found zero. Now with the 3rd release upcoming he claims to have the skunk pheno 'locked in'. In not one of his description of phenos do I recall ever reading anything about 'fruity' terps which is all I found running 6 females. Explain that one.

And he's also hyping his 'corpse flower' which he absolutely does claim to have true rks phenos in it. I have a pack of those and 2 packs from the first skunk18 release which I doubt I'll ever run. I'm done believing anything that dude says. Total scammer imo.

I wholeheartedly agree about the nature farm being a complete joke and fraud... I've grown the skunk 18 that he still claims to be super skunky... no skunk or funk at all... I found floral sweet bubblegum flavored plants with extremely low potency. I've also grown several of his skunk 18 hybrids and they also lack potency in a huge way. He said he used francos (rip) SLH to make SLH x SK18... ran 8 females... no lemon. No skunk. Seriously the least potent plants I've grown in my entire life. And francos slh on it's own is absurdly potent but im 100% positive he never had francos slh to begin with. I started over 600 seeds last year between testers and other projects and have them all posted with descriptions including the nature farm trash on my Instagram. The nature farm posted a picture of my slh x sk18 on his account but also didn't give me credit as the grower hahaha. I love how people get on here and tell people what's to be found in these beans but haven't grown out any yourself. Who are you ms Cleo? Talk to el jefe, pipsweed, or many other respected community members about nature fraud. It's your money and if you want to waste it that's your choice. But as scrappy doo has said despite having half of what he offers I will never start any more of his seeds. I also have decided to openly air my grievances because I've seen LOTs of others who found the same as me all the while nature fraud keeps talking up his mostly fake genetics and people keep lining up.
:tiphat:

D3pthCharg3

I wholeheartedly agree about the nature farm being a complete joke and fraud... I've grown the skunk 18 that he still claims to be super skunky... no skunk or funk at all... I found floral sweet bubblegum flavored plants with extremely low potency. I've also grown several of his skunk 18 hybrids and they also lack potency in a huge way. He said he used francos (rip) SLH to make SLH x SK18... ran 8 females... no lemon. No skunk. Seriously the least potent plants I've grown in my entire life. And francos slh on it's own is absurdly potent but im 100% positive he never had francos slh to begin with. I started over 600 seeds last year between testers and other projects and have them all posted with descriptions including the nature farm trash on my Instagram. The nature farm posted a picture of my slh x sk18 on his account but also didn't give me credit as the grower hahaha. I love how people get on here and tell people what's to be found in these beans but haven't grown out any yourself. Who are you ms Cleo? Talk to el jefe, pipsweed, or many other respected community members about nature fraud. It's your money and if you want to waste it that's your choice. But as scrappy doo has said despite having half of what he offers I will never start any more of his seeds. I also have decided to openly air my grievances because I've seen LOTs of others who found the same as me all the while nature fraud keeps talking up his mostly fake genetics and people keep lining up.

That sucks to hear, I too have a pack of the SLH cross, and a number of other crosses. Also have half a pack left of the Sk18 first release...my 4 females from the first half showed no skunk...with frosty but not 'loud' plants of sweet gin scented flowers, think gin and tonic...

My experience with the Uncle Fester's Skunks from Master Thai was only with the progeny from my chosen male with one of my oldest and well known breeding moms. Purple colors, frost, and a headband-ish odor were imparted...onto some of the nicest plants I have ever grown. The male from UFS18 was an absolute winner going on to produce an even nicer male in the bx (on bx2 now). HOWEVER, I have not found any 'skunk' in this line either, skunkiness, but not skunk, yet 'loud' plants for sure. I lost the female UFS18s before they were flowered, being left only with the male and his progeny. (Happy accident) I have waited for a male like this (my bx) to come into my life ever since I started making seeds (frosty, stout, stocky, resilient, stinky, big flowers -total package). And as it turns out I made the male too...don't see that much nowadays.

I'm super interested in the Corpse Flower, see good and bad on this one...and of course interested in this old Super Skunk, and all old Super Skunks for that matter, haha.

Thanks for sharing everyone, good info in here

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I tried saying that he’s a fraud for more than a year. I was told to go wear my tinfoil hat.

The fact that he calls it Franco’s cut of SLH just shows what a scam he is. The real cut is not called Franco’s cut - its named after the persona actually responsible and I only know of one person who still has it. I grew a cross of it (SLH x Cherry Cake) and it was the most flavorful, potent yet happy smoke.

There is no 69 Skunk, its really just a late80’s Skunk x Afghan.

ISP’s 78 Skunk is the only original skunk in existence. I grew the OP of 6th and 7th generations OP’ed. It was a blessing. The seeds i made from that were stolen.

Cannavore

Veteran
you guys need to grow something with bodhi's American Skunk Selection in it. it holds it's funk long after it's dried.... closest thing i've smelled to skunk weed in awhile. real nasty it's got this acidic edge of Capers that blasts you in the face

Americangrower

Veteran
I agree with the fruity terps coming out in the offspring. I didn't get any skunk in any of my crosses using a skunk18 male. Tho I only grew like 10 of each cross. They were pretty potent just not stinkers like I had hoped for. The boyz did like the loompa/skunk which had a sour fruit onion kind of terp.
Only good thing I can say about Nature farm is he did hook me up with 5 packs for the $80.

Anyone grow his Mello cookies?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoked a lot of skunk. Since it was and is a hybrid, it was everything from "meh" to "WOW"! but mostly, it was generally better than Mexican brick, generally. Sometimes the brick was Better.

BTW, not many people were running clones back in the day (up into the early 90s it was still true) so it varied A LOT.

I'm looking for the weed the better Mex came from. :shooty:

You and me brother you and me. I would like to find some of the Skunk I had in '85 or so as well, to me it was piney not skunky but whatever. My C99 does about the same as the Skunk did way back when.

Breadwizard

The fact that he calls it Franco’s cut of SLH just shows what a scam he is. The real cut is not called Franco’s cut - its named after the persona actually responsible and I only know of one person who still has it.

There's a clone dealer called purple city genetics in the SF bay area who claims their SLH clone is franco's, the cup winning cut. Is it not legit? I was hoping to grab it. Bummer.

Ribsauce

you guys need to grow something with bodhi's American Skunk Selection in it. it holds it's funk long after it's dried.... closest thing i've smelled to skunk weed in awhile. real nasty it's got this acidic edge of Capers that blasts you in the face

I've been loving watching you work with the ASS... definitely seems amazing man

Ribsauce

I tried saying that he’s a fraud for more than a year. I was told to go wear my tinfoil hat.

The fact that he calls it Franco’s cut of SLH just shows what a scam he is. The real cut is not called Franco’s cut - its named after the persona actually responsible and I only know of one person who still has it. I grew a cross of it (SLH x Cherry Cake) and it was the most flavorful, potent yet happy smoke.

There is no 69 Skunk, its really just a late80’s Skunk x Afghan.

ISP’s 78 Skunk is the only original skunk in existence. I grew the OP of 6th and 7th generations OP’ed. It was a blessing. The seeds i made from that were stolen.

Yup I actually feel bad that I deleted my own posts and comments about how I felt about his whole situation a year ago... definitely not letting my hatred of confrontation keep me from speaking the truth though... glad there were others like you who did push back more against all the bs

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran

lots ran clones, we started in 81 with skunk clones from cali. Kept it going to 2004. It was weak and overcloned by the end, a slightly pale shadow of its former glory, but still it was the same genetics. I went to get one to breed right around then and it wasn't being grown anywhere anymore.

I just got one selfed seed to sprout.

Americangrower

Veteran
So IDK who it is but a few houses up the road has some serious RKS. Last year when I moved in I could smell skunk every time I drove down the main road. I convinced myself it must just be a skunk in the area.
Well it's back in the same area, I almost feel like knocking on a few doors to find out who it is and try an get a cut.