What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

R

Robrites

State orders halt to sale of pesticide used on cannabis plants

State orders halt to sale of pesticide used on cannabis plants

Taken off shelves; growers asked to stop using Guardian

SALEM, Ore. -

The Oregon Department of Agriculture said Friday it has ordered a halt of sale and the removal of the pesticide product Guardian, which is labeled for use on ornamental, food, and feed crops for mite control but also used by cannabis growers.

In addition, ODA is asking growers who may have purchased the pesticide product to refrain from using it. ODA’s actions come following an investigation of the product that found the presence of the pesticide active ingredient abamectin, which is not listed on the product label.

A statewide Stop Sale, Use, or Removal Order (SSURO) has been issued by ODA to the manufacturer of Guardian, All In Enterprises, Inc. of Machesney Park, Illinois. The order calls for the company to immediately cease all sales, offers of sale, or other distribution of the product in Oregon.

The product label identifies the active ingredients as cinnamon oil and citric acid, and claims the product is 100 percent natural.

ODA said it’s investigation was a result of concerns of product adulteration brought to the agency by a private laboratory as well as representatives of the cannabis industry. ODA’s Pesticides Program obtained and sampled Guardian from several retail locations in Oregon. Laboratory analysis found the presence of abamectin.

ODA said it is working with the Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Liquor Control Commission to determine potential human health concerns associated with the use of cannabis products treated with Guardian.

"Growers are advised, in an abundance of caution, not to use Guardian until a review and assessment of human health concerns are completed," the announcement said. "Retailers and the general public in possession of the product are advised not to sell, offer for sale, or distribute Guardian. ODA is working with the manufacturer to determine the appropriate disposition of product that is currently in commerce or with growers."

ODA also said it will be proceeding to address violations of Oregon’s Pesticide Law, which include adulteration of a pesticide product, misbranding of a pesticide product, and making false or misleading claims about a pesticide product.

http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Pages/CannabisPesticides.aspx

Sluicebox

Hey any news on immature plant limits? I read somewhere that they got rid of the 1' rule as well as 18 starts, that one is supposedly gone as well. Thanks and sub'd to this great thread.

R

Robrites

Hey any news on immature plant limits? I read somewhere that they got rid of the 1' rule as well as 18 starts, that one is supposedly gone as well. Thanks and sub'd to this great thread.

Effective March 1, 2016:

• For growers within city limits in areas zoned for residential use, you are now restricted to 12 plants. If you were growing up to and including 24 plants on December 31, 2014, you may continue to do so but if you lose a patient you cannot replace them with a new patient.
  • For growers within city limits not zoned for residential use and other zoned areas, no more than 48 plants may be grown. If you were growing up to and including 96 plants, you may continue to do so but again, if you lose a patient you cannot replace them with a new patient.
  • If you have more than the allowed number of patients signed up you may continue to provide for them provided you do not exceed a 48 plant limit.
  • Growers may now be reimbursed for all costs of doing business including labor.
  • 12” rule and limits on immature plants are now removed and immature plants are now defined as non-flowering.
  • Growers may now keep what they produce up to 12 pounds/plant outdoor and 6 pounds/plant indoor.
  • Seed sales allowed in dispensaries.
  • $20 card for all Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Effective March 1, 2016:

• For growers within city limits in areas zoned for residential use, you are now restricted to 12 plants. If you were growing up to and including 24 plants on December 31, 2014, you may continue to do so but if you lose a patient you cannot replace them with a new patient.
  • For growers within city limits not zoned for residential use and other zoned areas, no more than 48 plants may be grown. If you were growing up to and including 96 plants, you may continue to do so but again, if you lose a patient you cannot replace them with a new patient.
  • If you have more than the allowed number of patients signed up you may continue to provide for them provided you do not exceed a 48 plant limit.
  • Growers may now be reimbursed for all costs of doing business including labor.
  • 12” rule and limits on immature plants are now removed and immature plants are now defined as non-flowering.
  • Growers may now keep what they produce up to 12 pounds/plant outdoor and 6 pounds/plant indoor.
  • Seed sales allowed in dispensaries.
  • $20 card for all Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

I like being able to cruise around with 72 lbs of head smoke :rasta:

Removing the limits on immature plants is cool too!

All that tracking stuff is no good. Those grow limits are pretty weak.

R

Robrites

Recreational Marijuana License "Temporary Rules and Application Process" Workshop

Recreational Marijuana License "Temporary Rules and Application Process" Workshop

[youtubeif]kopekM9Pqfw[/youtubeif]

Last edited:
R

Robrites

Oregon should fund marijuana research institute, task force says

Oregon should fund marijuana research institute, task force says

picture.php

Oregon should fund an independent marijuana institute to support and conduct world-class research into the drug's medical and public health benefits, says a task force that includes state officials, scientists and leading physicians.

Tax dollars generated through recreational marijuana sales would supplement private funding to underwrite the quasi-public Oregon Institute for Cannabis Research.

The center would hire research scientists, as well as staff to help academic researchers navigate the complexities of federally sanctioned cannabis research.

The recommendation, included in a report submitted Monday to the Legislature by the task force, calls for Oregon to break new ground by providing a sustained source of state money to support marijuana research. Among the proposals: the institute itself would grow and handle marijuana for research purposes.

"This institute will position Oregon as a leader in cannabis research and serve as an international hub for what will soon be a rapidly accelerating scientific field," states the report, prepared by the Oregon Health Authority. "No other single initiative could do as much to strengthen the Oregon cannabis industry and to support the needs of Oregon medical marijuana patients."

The proposal represents the latest effort by states to fill gaps in marijuana research created by the federal prohibition of the drug. The government allows research on cannabis, but the approval process is especially complicated and involves marijuana produced at a government-run facility based at the University of Mississippi.

The recommendation came out of a law passed last year by the Legislature that called for the creation of a governor-appointed task force to study ways to support a medical marijuana industry geared toward patients.

Read the rest http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2016/02/oregon_should_fund_marijuana_r.html

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
This is the first move I've seen that I appreciate. If they are going to tax us, not apologize for throwing us in prison, and try to take away our livelihoods. At the very least they can reinvest some of these funds into research.

HorseMouth

Subbed

Thank you for compiling this information. I feel extremely positive about a majority of these rules/regs.

Peace

R

Robrites

Facebook shuts down Oregon marijuana dispensary page

Facebook shuts down Oregon marijuana dispensary page

MEDFORD, Ore. — Facebook has shut down a Rogue Valley marijuana dispensary’s page as part of a nationwide crackdown on anything that promotes drugs.

Breeze Botanicals, which has Oregon locations in Ashland and Gold Hill, discovered its Facebook pages would no longer be published Monday. An Oregon Cannabis Association spokeswoman said this appears to be the first dispensary in the state to be shut out of Facebook.

“I suppose that is apropos, since we were the first legal dispensary in the area, and now we’re the first in the Rogue Valley to be shut down by Facebook,” said Brie Malarkey, owner of Breeze Botanicals.

Facebook advertising guidelines state, “Ads may not promote or facilitate the sale or consumption of illegal or recreational drugs, tobacco products, or drug or tobacco paraphernalia.”

Facebook notified Malarkey that her store pages cannot be published because they didn’t conform to Facebook’s terms and community standards. Facebook informed Malarkey, “We remove any promotion or encouragement of drug use.”

An email from Facebook stated, “We do allow marijuana advocacy content as long as it is not promoting the sale of the drug.”

Malarkey said her Facebook page promoted medicinal herbs and wasn’t exclusively about cannabis. She said she follows all state and local employment laws and files tax returns.

She said Facebook pages in other states where marijuana is legal also are being shut down.

“This is really a states rights versus federal rights issue,” Malarkey said. “Facebook is not honoring Oregon’s decision to legalize cannabis.”

columbian.com

R

Robrites

Committee approves bill that would remove Oregon residency requirement for marijuana

Committee approves bill that would remove Oregon residency requirement for marijuana

Lots of changes headed our way-Some Good, Some Bad

A bill that would open Oregon's marijuana industry to out-of-state investors passed out of committee Tuesday and now heads to the House.

The provision, part of House Bill 4014, removes the two-year residency requirement included in a law passed last year by the Legislature.

The legislation is among several marijuana-related bills moving through the 35-day session, which began last week.

Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick, co-chair of the committee, said the pending marijuana legislation represents "some of the major work that will be done in this session."

Burdick, D-Portland, emphasized the urgency of the bills, saying the issues are critical to those entering the market.

"People are making decisions and (filing) license applications right now, even as we speak," she said before the vote.

The residency issue is a controversial one in the marijuana industry, with larger producers arguing that they need outside capital to grow and smaller ones worried they will be squeezed out of the market.

Among other provisions in the bill:

-- Reducing annual medical marijuana card registration fees for veterans from $200 to $20. Currently, veterans with 100 percent disability qualify for the discount.

-- Treating medical marijuana the same as prescription drugs when setting conditions for people on pretrial release, diversion unrelated to impaired driving, probation or post-prison supervision.

-- Allowing all marijuana establishments to deduct business expenses allowable under the federal tax code when filing state tax returns. Under current policy, only recreational marijuana businesses with Oregon Liquor Control Commission licenses are eligible to claim those exemptions.

-- Allowing medical marijuana patients, many who complain that the Oregon Health Authority is slow to process applications for cards, to use completed application receipts as a registry card when shopping at dispensaries. Currently, patients must show a valid medical marijuana card to make purchases.

A House-Senate legislative committee has scheduled a public hearing on a second marijuana-related bill, Senate Bill 1511, for 3 p.m. Friday.

It would allow recreational marijuana stores to sell tax-free medical marijuana to patients. It also would allow people 21 and older to buy marijuana-infused edibles and concentrates during the state's so-called early sales program.

Under that program, which began last October, medical marijuana dispensaries may sell to recreational consumers, but those sales have been limited to flowers, seeds and young marijuana plants.
Oregonlive.com

Abja Roots

Veteran
The possible removal of the 2 year residency requirement is very welcome news to me. It means that there would be no need to take on a local partner, which would necessitate a larger overall operation to cover that extra cost.

I like that they're also considering reducing the cost to vets. In my opinion their cost should be $0. The deduction of business expenses is also a very welcome idea.

Firepusher

I am concerned of larger corporations strangling out smaller grows. Big Ag won't give a shit about us. Growers who don't want to sell their businesses or maintain a smaller operation are now facing some serious challenges. I really feel there needs to be a grower network established, forgive my ignorance if there is one, with the ability to have a voice and ability to have a fighting chance against some corporation like Monsanto. You know they're going to try to patent or put private ownership on the chemical composition of cannabis when the time is most profitable. I like having outside capital come in as long as the industry allows for those who have been doing this for generations to continue to do so.

Good news for all of us in the industry.

What industry? There is no industry. This industry was ruined from the start and there is no going back. You can try to get it back on track but it will never be what it was supposed to be.

Who are the rightful owners of the cannabis/hemp industry? None of you. The wrong people do not deserve it and the right people do.

If you had not of done 80 years of idiotic prohibition in the first place, I would not be here saying facts and this situation would not be taking place.

Obsolete

Sluicebox

Should have been 100 plants for micro grower, 200 plants tier 1, 300 plants tier 2. Two year resident period. If you want in then push your state to legalize it. If you can't figure out how to make ends meet with 300 plants then your in the wrong business. Move over everyone fuck mom and pop here comes Monsanto, Phillip Morris etc. You so called big wig growers who think your going to hold your own against that kind of power are trippin. They will find their competition and weed you out via inspections, audits, law suits, name it. I get the fact that quality is where it will be at, and if you can produce quality you have a chance. Even then you will be looking at way less than half the price it's going for now. Hide and watch, you'll see. This completely screws the ones who fought so hard to make it possible. They've changed everything that we voted on, think they won't change anything on you once you set up shop?

Edit: Once it is allowed to be exported Nationally or Globally then there would be plenty of room. No idea how some people think that this is going to work out with massive factory grows sold locally in a state like OR. Maybe you should figure out how to take food stamps for your product. Don't forget that this state has been under rule by libs for a very long time. Jobs are scarce, service industry is just about all that's going on. Fries with that?

Last edited:
Move over everyone fuck mom and pop here comes Monsanto, Phillip Morris etc. You so called big wig growers who think your going to hold your own against that kind of power are trippin. They will find their competition and weed you out via inspections, audits, law suits, name it. I get the fact that quality is where it will be at, and if you can produce quality you have a chance. Even then you will be looking at way less than half the price it's going for now. Hide and watch, you'll see. This completely screws the ones who fought so hard to make it possible. They've changed everything that we voted on, think they won't change anything on you once you set up shop?

Quoted for the Truth!
They are going to ruin Medical also :(

frostqueen

If you can't figure out how to make ends meet with 300 plants then your in the wrong business.

Unless you are a breeder. Still waiting for rules for those of us who want to focus upon that. How am I supposed to grow out the amount of seedlings necessary to find the superstars?

I agree with you on this stuff, though. It is a moving bureaucratic target that mostly favors big warehouses and shits all over the small grower at this point. I think it's bullshit to compare cannabis to prescription drugs when alcohol flows in rivers and no such restrictions are placed upon homebrewers. They are still behaving like cannabis is a dangerous drug; it's nonsense.

Abja Roots

Veteran
Unless you are a breeder. Still waiting for rules for those of us who want to focus upon that. How am I supposed to grow out the amount of seedlings necessary to find the superstars?/QUOTE]

I agree completely. I have 40+ varieties currently, and that is simply for preservation and future breeding. It shows where the true intent lies when all the regulations are based on production and not on preserving the diversity of what currently exists. It's all about the $$$$

Latest posts

Latest posts