Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Commerical Yeilds Light-Dep?

Thread Title Search
Commerical Yeilds Light-Dep? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2018, 07:27 PM #1
flyontoast

flyontoast is on a distinguished road
Commerical Yeilds Light-Dep?

I'm in Coastal BC and looking to get a micro-cultivator license. I'd be allowed 200 sq.meters of canopy, which is about 2,100 sq.ft (including vertical space/shelving. So no advantage to staking). This is pretty limited when you take into consideration the dropping prices and the required nursery space for cloning and veg.

I'm trying to crunch investment and return numbers. Was hoping to get 2-3 harvests a year in light-dep. I can for sure get 3 harvests if I invest +$50,000 in a heated, automated greenhouses, or 2 harvests in about $6,000 of hoop-houses. I'd get way better pest and mold control in a screened, heated, and vented GH, so I am really leaning that way if I can get my yield projections dialed-in.

I'm thinking I'd need to veg plants to at least 1 gallon pots and then transplant into light-dep, similar to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN6p8QwncjE

Kind of worried that I wouldn't be able to get the plants large enough before transplant since my veg space would be limited to less than 100-200 sq.ft. And if I did dedicate more space to veg, I'd lose flower space, so I have to find that magic ratio.

Anybody out there doing light-dep and willing to share their rough yield numbers? I've read people claiming 0.03-0.06lbs/sq.ft (150-300g/sq.m), but I have no clue how big their plants were when they flipped them to flower. What planting density was most effective?
flyontoast is offline Quote

Old 11-13-2018, 06:51 AM #2
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to allCrushnYuba is a name known to all
Those numbers for greenhouse pricing are way off. I bend my own steel greenhouses, and i know i could do a 2000sqft greeny for under 6kus with full automated black out, motorized roll up side vents on thermostat, and heat. If u got a kit i bet it could be under 10.
You can pull .05 lb a sq ft here in norcal, but that's totally dialed. Most people get less depending on strain, sun and how dialed.
You need to dedicate a little under 1/3 of your flower space for veg. For instance, i have a 20x60 (1200 sqft). It has 96 20 gallon pots. I use 300-400 sq ft of veg to veg for that in 3-5 gallon pots. I let them grow into the trellis for about 2 ish weeks in the flower greenhouse before i flip.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:53 PM #3
flyontoast

flyontoast is on a distinguished road
Thanks for your yield numbers and pot sizes! How many harvests are you able to pull in your area?

The $50,000 isn't so far off, keep in mind that's $CAD. I already have a professional Harnois greenhouse for tomatoes, so if I went the professional route, a 30x100ft with 15ft gothic peak isn't going to be under $15,000 delivered to my door, just for the steel and plastic. Cement footings, equipment rental, potentially having to grade the land, drop new electric service, etc. No way it's going to come out under $35,000 if I wanted to do an automated system. I wouldn't be able to do more than 2 harvests if I didn't go for such a large greenhouse because, in my micro-climate, I'd need to be heating it in April and mid-October, so spending +$40,000 to get a 3rd mold-free harvest is totally worth the investment.

Although I am reading your DIY greenhouse thread now and it's very helpful. I'm going to go ask a question there
flyontoast is offline Quote