What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Durban Poison?

Aota1

It's not straight durban, which I love, but Mt. Hood Magic durban leaning pheno, is some of the best herb I've ever had in 24 years of sampling. It's nl5 x durban- a local to Oregon cut.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
It's not straight durban, which I love, but Mt. Hood Magic durban leaning pheno, is some of the best herb I've ever had in 24 years of sampling. It's nl5 x durban- a local to Oregon cut.

Resin ranchers been growing that and it looks premium!! Resin ranchers putting out some serious dank :headbange

Sign

Dp's is definitely not straight durban. I grew sssc durban in the 80's and it was very sativa very clear up high. distinctive anise scent. I tried DP's years later and was sadly disappointed. I think maybe they believed it was pure durban and never added anything to it, but its far from the real stuff

I was reading about this and I was wondering if it was possible that over the many generations since it left SA if it didn't start responding to the weaker sun by adapting wider leaves?

Alanbrown88

My first grow .Durban Poison. D.P. (PC grow)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=357525

picture.php

Last edited:

'Boogieman'

I was reading about this and I was wondering if it was possible that over the many generations since it left SA if it didn't start responding to the weaker sun by adapting wider leaves?

Dutch Passion admits it was crossed to an Indica or skunk in the past. I have grown the dp version and its a great outdoor strain where I live, most finish between october 5th - 10th at the latest.

meizzwang

one less pack there now , yes cannabiogen.... its the real deal i,m told . trusted source .

Any recent grow or smoke reports on Cannabiogen's Durban? Anyone else confirm they were able to find the anise pheno? I see crickets chirping in their durban thread on this site....

'Boogieman'

Here is a DP Durban Poison I grew outdoors in 2017, picked October 7th. The smoke was actually very sativa and pretty potent. A really interesting thing is I took a cut and it did horrible indoors under a 600hps, leafy buds with a very weak high but outdoors the same cut came out pretty potent with a denser bud structure.

Picture is in early october, midwest 43° N.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-03-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-03-32.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 26

grayeyes

I have the 'real' durban poison that takes 14 to 16 weeks to finish flower.

However, a friend sent me a hybrid that IS NOT crossed with skunk.

Anyone ever had a cross between durban poison and afghani?

W

Water-

I have the 'real' durban poison that takes 14 to 16 weeks to finish flower.

However, a friend sent me a hybrid that IS NOT crossed with skunk.

Anyone ever had a cross between durban poison and afghani?

what makes it "real"?

'Boogieman'

Even though people claim a fast flowering non hybrid Durban existed my gut says no, all true pure sativas go atleast 12 weeks most much longer.

Tipunch

DPs version is a very Nice pick, here's why:

In outdoor conditions, it's very mold resistant, ready by mid october, not too many leaves so easy to dry and cure. After 4,5 months of cure you end up with A very strong dough, very tasty.

I shared my personal stash with close friends, They all tried my SSH, Destroyer, UltraSour, Maple Leaf and Durban. All but one of my friendly chose the Durban as best strain.

I know Dutch Passion isn't the best seed seller but their Durban is really excellent when dialed in and bio. It's also a great strain for crosses as it's ready early. I'll tell you next year how the cross with Kali Mist went.
:tiphat: