What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using fresh or dried-uncured material for bubble hash..?

Does anyone have anything to say on the topic of using fresh or dried but uncured material for bubble hash?

Has anyone used material that has just finished drying but hasn't cured at all for making hash?

Is it possible to use buds straight off the plant directly into ice water to make bubble hash? Basically going from the plant directly into the ice water/bags....For some reason I feel like the heads of the trichomes won't break off the buds as easily when the material is still 100% fresh like that....?...Is there any truth to that?

My freezer isn't powerful enough to "flash freeze" the herb and I wouldn't be able to fit even a fraction of my harvest into the freezer anyways so "fresh frozen" isn't an option for me.

I'd like to make bubble with my flowers before the resin has cured much though....I was thinking the best route to take for my situation would be to use the herb for bubble hash as soon as it is dry but before it has started to cure.

I've heard of folks using fresh frozen (live) material, and I've heard of folks using dried-cured material like the classic way....but I haven't really heard about anyone using dried-uncured material for bubble hash. Herb that has just come off the hangers from drying but still hasn't cured at all.

But with uncured herb would there also be more chlorophyll still present in the buds?....and if so, does that mean more chlorophyll will possibly leach out into the water in a shorter period of time versus cured material?

I've been meaning to make a thread about this all summer lol...but here I am within days of harvest lol.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ime it’s tastier with fresh but takes a lot of space to freeze (I use trim though)
I usually dry It then the ice water separates the resin just fine

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I use minimum 3 month cured buds & trim. I have tried fresh frozen & I still tasted the 'green'. I have even bubbled 1 - 2 year old bud to use it up & produced great tasting hash.

Latest posts

Latest posts