What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ecaddiction's ghetto closet SP150 - MARS HYDRO CUP 2020

Hello all, welcome to my humble budget grow. Been out of the game for at least 5 years or so. Drugs took everything from me, including my desire to grow cannabis. Anyway, I have my own place again and I'm trying to supply myself with medicine as the state I live in isn't friendly. I'm upgrading this as I get funds, so entering the cup could help me :comfort:. Flowering with a sp150, I just received it 5 days ago, so the girls are loving it a lot better than the old cfls I have (currently vegging with them). Strain right now is some random bag seed. The plant almost done is "#2" It looks very pretty with good resin coverage, blueberry smell, and purple tips on the calyx. Phenos 3 4 and 5 are the 3 bigger ones, and I have another 3 and 5 behind them. Perpetual setup. I don't have odor control, working on that. Hemp buckets withe maxibloom.

I'm still dialing this is, so go easy on me. Also I am using a shitty old tablet for pictures so sorry about quality. My phone has a better camera but I don't trust it. I joined icmag more than 10 years ago , but mostly lurked for security reasons. Now that times are changing, I want to take the risk, and connect with some grower bros. I want to become part of this community.:comfort: MUCH LOVE

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for stopping by. I must admit I was surprised with how they were doing underneath the cfls. Which I'll post in a second. I'm dealing with some pH issues locking in my tap water, but I just about got It. And now under the sp150 they are eating better. These seeds came out of some pretty shitty weed so im surprised with how nice two of these phenos look so far.

MUCH LOVE

Heres my veg setup for now. 4 cfls, a walmart led, and 2 led strips. and my ghetto cloner. Plastic shot glass filled with verm. Holes in bottom in a bowl of water. I used to use these ice trays that worked great but i cant find so i had to improvise. I was gifted some seeds, but they are really old and so far everything has bad germ rates and mutants so far. I have some (all these are just written on ziplock bags, not breeder packs or anything) sour strawberry kush, lemon diesel, ww×purple berry, ww×pre98bk, ww s1, and jilly bean candystore cut × ww.

PS- about the sideays pictures, is there a way to fix that on icmag? Or do i have to use photo editing ? Next time ill just turn the damn tablet the other way.

Attachments

• 4v.jpg
    4v.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 3v.jpg
    3v.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 2v.jpg
    2v.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 1v.jpg
    1v.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 43

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres my veg setup for now. 4 cfls, a walmart led, and 2 led strips. and my ghetto cloner. Plastic shot glass filled with verm. Holes in bottom in a bowl of water. I used to use these ice trays that worked great but i cant find so i had to improvise. I was gifted some seeds, but they are really old and so far everything has bad germ rates and mutants so far. I have some (all these are just written on ziplock bags, not breeder packs or anything) sour strawberry kush, lemon diesel, ww×purple berry, ww×pre98bk, ww s1, and jilly bean candystore cut × ww.

PS- about the sideays pictures, is there a way to fix that on icmag? Or do i have to use photo editing ? Next time ill just turn the damn tablet the other way.

usually using your tablet/phone in landscape mode works fine,otherwise using editing software will allow you to reorient the pics

2 is getting purpley!:yay: for coming out of some mids, im very impressed so far. The real test is to come. 3 has kind of a skunky orange tang smell and great trichome density (for me at least). 4 is more sativa, but trichomes look more like dust they are so small. Potency is a wierd thing though. 5 is about the same resin wise but it has super dense nugs. Lots of variation between them. I have 2 baby sour strawberr kushes, 2 lemon diesel, 4 jilly bean candy store cut x white widow. Excited. Day 50 on the purpley 2 pheno, day 32 on the 3,4,5 and day 7 on the 3 and 5 next round.

Side question : how much "unnecessary " time do you spend in your garden ? for me its probably 50% of my free time

Attachments

• 20201003_235229.jpg
    20201003_235229.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20201003_235201.jpg
    20201003_235201.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 38

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
2 is getting purpley!:yay: for coming out of some mids, im very impressed so far. The real test is to come. 3 has kind of a skunky orange tang smell and great trichome density (for me at least). 4 is more sativa, but trichomes look more like dust they are so small. Potency is a wierd thing though. 5 is about the same resin wise but it has super dense nugs. Lots of variation between them. I have 2 baby sour strawberr kushes, 2 lemon diesel, 4 jilly bean candy store cut x white widow. Excited. Day 50 on the purpley 2 pheno, day 32 on the 3,4,5 and day 7 on the 3 and 5 next round.

Side question : how much "unnecessary " time do you spend in your garden ? for me its probably 50% of my free time

The unnecessary time might only take 20% of mine. I think they can grow well under the care of our lights. Lol. :biggrin:

Thats the problem! They grow too well! I can't get myself away LOL part of it is that i love this so much and havent been able to grow like this is 5 or 6 years

Hey guys, got a new camera. so now you guys can see what im working with better. Purple one comes down in a week.Finally got my ph swings in check. Overall looking alot better. Just gotta knock off the rust.:party::plant grow:

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 46
Ive raised my temps to 82-84, i am getting cal mag lockouts and i think its from low transpiration because of lower leaf temps. Gonna see how it goes. The round thats been under the mars sun is alot happier, and now that ive bumped the temp up they look even better. I was gonna go get some cal mag before i read up on it. What is your guys experience with led/higher temps/calmag problems?

Last edited:
Ive read a couple articles about how HID and flouro lights have ir rays that heat the leaves up to about 88 degrees at 78 ambient. Which is what im used to. But now since leds have no/less ir rays you need to compensate by raising room temps. Or so i read. The VPS calculator i use is very handy and you can reset the chart based on the difference betwen leaf temps and air temps. Very useful. Right now im shooting for 82 degrees and 63% humidity.

MUCH LOVE

Update. Girls are looking pretty. The new round anyway. A few plants I started under cfls are having some issues. Fixed a light leak, one plant started revegging. Ironing out the kinks. Raised the light because it was too close. The good news is the new round looks GREAT. and today is 60days on the one that's almost done! Can't wait I'm still smoking street buds...

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 50
Well we are in the final days for the purple one, day 67, but it just keeps shooting out hairs. It's about 80% white 10% clear 10% Amber so I'm about there. But I'm gonna let it go probably another week.The other ones are all looking great the three Fino is crowned already, the five Fino is shooting out hairs, and the plants midway are looking healthy as all get out. I am loving this light and I'm loving being able to do this again. Nothing I have ever done in my life has made me feel the way growing does.

PEACE OUT

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Well we are in the final days for the purple one, day 67, but it just keeps shooting out hairs. It's about 80% white 10% clear 10% Amber so I'm about there. But I'm gonna let it go probably another week.The other ones are all looking great the three Fino is crowned already, the five Fino is shooting out hairs, and the plants midway are looking healthy as all get out. I am loving this light and I'm loving being able to do this again. Nothing I have ever done in my life has made me feel the way growing does.

PEACE OUT

giving them one more week to be more amber so that you can get better buds. :bump:

Hey everyone, things are looking good in the ghetto closet. The new round is looking really good, although I may have over vegged lol. Stacking really nice. The purple one is still not done. I really need good genetics, but the good news is I got a pack of Masonic seeds random bag. Hopefully find some fire. I built a watering bucket and it's made life easier. I got a dehumidifier finally so I think I have my vpd in check. Has anyone used an IR temp gun to check leaf temps with SP series? Really curious what the difference between air and leaf temp with SOME IR waves.

PEACE

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0251.jpg