What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earth 2 Mars

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Most say hlg is best and the purple leds are old bit ur finding the purple better?

We don't know these:
-- If the seeds are the same.
-- If the power of the lights are the same.
-- If it is comparison from seedling to flowering.
It is true that most of people would like to choose the quantum board design LED this year. ;)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hgl had a bad lux reading,, the Mars out performed on raw lux,,,

The hgl has more purple and I must say I wish the Mars had more,, but I also wish I could have more red in the Mars unit too,,,, basically I wish the Mars was bigger and its dimmer would dim 3 colours indervidualy to swing the visable light to clearly 3 different spectrums ,,

id love to see 3 dimmers,, one for the white and then one for purple and lastly the red,, this would stop me needing the supplementary lighting to swing the colours when I finally get the Mars into a flower box

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just bought an nft table to use on a new little flowers area I'm building,,, whooooo,, bout time eh

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83974&pictureid=2108652&=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83974&pictureid=2108651&=1]View Image[/url] Hgl had a bad lux reading,, the Mars out performed on raw lux,,,

The hgl has more purple and I must say I wish the Mars had more,, but I also wish I could have more red in the Mars unit too,,,, basically I wish the Mars was bigger and its dimmer would dim 3 colours indervidualy to swing the visable light to clearly 3 different spectrums ,,

id love to see 3 dimmers,, one for the white and then one for purple and lastly the red,, this would stop me needing the supplementary lighting to swing the colours when I finally get the Mars into a flower box

That is a great idea. We might make a plan like that this year. For your garden, seems TS3000 is more suitable. :shucks:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
I just bought an nft table to use on a new little flowers area I'm building,,, whooooo,, bout time eh

I was thinking about going back to nft ,I used to love it ,canna aqua Rick ? Lol

Going to hang fire on leds at moment, it seems they're improving and changing all the time so ill wait a while..

I have a couple of questions
is penetration comparable to hid ?
What size led is comparable to a 400 watt metal halide and what size for 600 has?

Thanks

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I was thinking about going back to nft ,I used to love it ,canna aqua Rick ? Lol

Going to hang fire on leds at moment, it seems they're improving and changing all the time so ill wait a while..

I have a couple of questions
is penetration comparable to hid ?
What size led is comparable to a 400 watt metal halide and what size for 600 has?

Thanks

For 400W MH, TSW2000 or FC3000 can replace it. For 600W, TS3000 or FC4800 can replace it. :bump:
You can check more details here: https://bit.ly/30DesD0 :biggrin:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honestly hazy, led tech is doing the job,, just do your plants smaller,,, the Mars with its raw white actually gets through the canopy,, but again I think the colour needs adjustment for the different seasons and to achieve the fade properly

I can't wait to get this light on an aqua nft run,,, 3day tank change for flavour

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Ive been trying to tame this room and move the Mars,, ive not had much luck with either this week, next week I move this Mars light,, please god

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This light is really really good for white light,, beats pretty much every other light for size vs lux output,, I now have 2 monster lights including a thinkled and I'd say the Mars is rawdoging for its size,,, If the Mars was as big as the think led it would out perform it,, I do believe if Mars made a 3 colour dimmer,, more purple and far red on seperate dimmers,, the Mars would be the best on the market hands down with a decent controller ,,

I need to Check the new big light you guys have done,, I really want you to kill the big leds I now have,, it's a shame my light is small,,, I wish I had loads of these boards to stack up against the think led

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Il get a lux reading from all my leds soon,, but from looking at the lights turned on,, im pretty sure the Mars is just killing it,, the white on this Mars is strong

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a design thought,,, is there any way to switch the bars on any new led you build,, this way I can keep the fitting up and switch the bars negating the needs for me to use supplement lighting to swing the overall kelvin ratings to cause the fade im looking for

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Earth 2 Mars.. not the thread I expected :)

Pre ignition checks. Roach secure: Check. Loose paper removed: Check. All seals secure: Check.

Countdown has begun. Check packing. Ash Landing area free from combustibles. Flint and gas. Sit back, ready for the burn...

Doorbell! Abort Abort!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been grounded for a fair amount of time,,, but one thing I can say for sure,, I know the veg capably of this light very well ,, I know the speed at which this light can grow tissue,,, im extremely familiar with this light now

hazyfontazy

Veteran
I've been grounded for a fair amount of time,,, but one thing I can say for sure,, I know the veg capably of this light very well ,, I know the speed at which this light can grow tissue,,, im extremely familiar with this light now

I bought the baby 1 for pre veg ,,funnily in 30 years i been growing, its the first light I've ever paid for lol

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Just a design thought,,, is there any way to switch the bars on any new led you build,, this way I can keep the fitting up and switch the bars negating the needs for me to use supplement lighting to swing the overall kelvin ratings to cause the fade im looking for

sounds like a good thought. ;)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry I've not been around for a while,,had a few issues,,,the hgl has become faulty and is flashing like a disco,,il post up some pictures,,I'm currently using the Mars and its working well still,,il post up some pictures soon