What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

ilovegrowing

But im still a beginner and learning, so you have to take it with a grain of salt you say. The initial reason i do it without a sweat is my belief in remaining the terps, which change or vanish in higher temperatures on a live plant. But maybe it is a different thing in a vacuumed product compared to a growing plant in air flow.

oldmaninbc

Basically the same like tangwenas method, just without the heat in the sweat. Im trying different methods. But i think the most important thing is, that they are still wet enough. I had good success with a 4/5 days dry, stems still bendy not cracking. Vacuumseal for 12/24 hours (the wetter and hotter, the faster/slower it is) up to some days..
Watch for a change of colour.
Open it, dry it to the touch and then seal for long term. 3 months up…
Thanks for the reply. That makes it clearer for me.

gumzgi

Basically the same like tangwenas method, just without the heat in the sweat. Im trying different methods. But i think the most important thing is, that they are still wet enough. I had good success with a 4/5 days dry, stems still bendy not cracking. Vacuumseal for 12/24 hours (the wetter and hotter, the faster/slower it is) up to some days..
Watch for a change of colour.
Open it, dry it to the touch and then seal for long term. 3 months up…
you have to mention that you have to dry it well, and not in one day, it will be 2 days for sure, after which you can probably do what you say to close it for 3 months, otherwise without properly drying you will wake up with soap instead of weed, with only dry to the touch and left it closed for 3 months then you get mold for sure .

Tangwena

Veteran
you have to mention that you have to dry it well, and not in one day, it will be 2 days for sure, after which you can probably do what you say to close it for 3 months, otherwise without properly drying you will wake up with soap instead of weed, with only dry to the touch and left it closed for 3 months then you get mold for sure .
A deft touch is needed thats for sure. True cobb masters are at one with the process, its instinctive, a labor of love for getting high.
In return for the understanding and care you lavish on the fruit of your labor.
Getting into some fruits of my labor right now ha ha.

ilovegrowing

Yeah sorry, maybe there is a misunderstanding.
My cobs are fairly small, like 5 to 10 gram pieces. They probably dry faster than big ones.
I still let them them dry for 2/3/4 days after the „sweating“ process. I wait till i have the feeling it is dry enough, but still with a little bit of moisture. Probably around the same moisture like weed you put for curing in a glass.
You can open the bag every week or two to check how the process is going and how the smells are. Use a bigger bag for it so you can reseal it a couple of times.

Its a beautiful process with a lot of variables. So the best thing is to try it yourself several times to develop a feeling for it.

ilovegrowing

D658A781-CD6C-4C19-81A5-D7A8774250A1.jpeg

Panama haze cob (could have been grown better)
Dried for 4 days,
about 4 days inside the vacuum 19 C (would have taken it out earlier but couldnt),
4 days dry,
now about 1 month curing

Didnt eat it yet but it is planned to. Yet vaping is imo stronger and longer lasting than the same glasscured bud. Smells are different. Before cure is incense and spice, after is hashish, spice and a ferment tang, which i try to get lower with a earlier sweat

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
View attachment 18997515
Panama haze cob (could have been grown better)
Dried for 4 days,
about 4 days inside the vacuum 19 C (would have taken it out earlier but couldnt),
4 days dry,
now about 1 month curing

Didnt eat it yet but it is planned to. Yet vaping is imo stronger and longer lasting than the same glasscured bud. Smells are different. Before cure is incense and spice, after is hashish, spice and a ferment tang, which i try to get lower with a earlier sweat
Great looking cob.

I grew Panama haze 6 or 7 yrs ago, before I started cobbing. The regular cured weed needed a very long cure to bring out it's best.

wuluz

Brother what a beautiful collection of amazing strains. I'd give anything to sniff each of those batches of cobs.
@Tangwena
you just like to sniff it?? You wouldn't try them, I can't take that away from you hehe :)
I use this fermentation with my medicinal herbs (Artemisia annua, Urtica dioica, etc.), of course the herbs are not wrapped in corn cobs. For fermentation, the pre-dried herb is stuffed into a vacuum bag and that's it. The most important thing is to find that point between *still too wet or already too dry*. If this fits exactly, you have wonderfully fragrant medicinal herbs that are of higher quality due to fermentation because the bioavailability has improved.

Latest posts

Latest posts