What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Mine after early harvest, three day dry and then back from my trip after vaccumed sealed up heavily cure: View attachment 19001639 View attachment 19001640 View attachment 19001641 View attachment 19001642 View attachment 19001643 View attachment 19001644 View attachment 19001645 View attachment 19001646 View attachment 19001647 View attachment 19001648
People think that there's mold on it, is there? Also another question, would chewing it now, meaning like a little bit be too early to not get you high?
The pictures are too out of focus to tell but seeing as you did not vacuum seal the bag its quite likely.

Nextgeneration73

Nah those are crystals clumps , the white is the sunlight reflecting on them , it’s hard to see in a photo
I didn't know that mold smells this great! 😃 Wait so is mine mold or is it the paper that I had to unwrap some of it from and the crystals which I remember seeing with he naked before I put it into vacuuming before the vacation, basically I broke off many pieces of the drying buds on the third day and then squashed it extremely hard into paper, and then this plastic wrap bags completely wrapped and into the vaccume bag which my gf later helped vaccume pack it far better than the pictures I have on other threads.....

Tangwena

Veteran
1715601236665.jpeg

I don't say it is Botrytis, but had exactly these kind of white spots when I put weed to soon in the jars, so you're saying is a good thing? Nah..
This discussion is as old as this thread. To me it is still white mold...
The voice of ignorance by one not afraid to be.

Rastafarout

Premium user
Those
I didn't know that mold smells this great! 😃 Wait so is mine mold or is it the paper that I had to unwrap some of it from and the crystals which I remember seeing with he naked before I put it into vacuuming before the vacation, basically I broke off many pieces of the drying buds on the third day and then squashed it extremely hard into paper, and then this plastic wrap bags completely wrapped and into the vaccume bag which my gf later helped vaccume pack it far better than the pictures I have on other threads.....
I was talking about my one
not sure yours don’t have mould need a clear picture and close up , I was just liking the pictorial not saying it had no mould
Peace

regentag

@Tangwena
Case closed, one cob was tested and so no cob ever will get moldy never ever. Don't know if you are offended but I'm not against cobbing at all. Can you explain your sentence "The voice of ignorance by one not afraid to be" please. Englisch ist not my mother tongue.

Rastafarout

Premium user
It probably means you need to do more research before you speak out …

Just like you say “one cob was tested and so no cob ever will get moldy never ever”

You doing it again , but anyway … no one here has no cobs get mouldy .. or said they never do
this thread is how so we can avoid mould .. case studies in motion

regentag

Tangwena once explained this as a bloom/plume like in cigars, but please search for the topic, I haven't found any evidence for this theory that oil/sugar/salts migrate to the surface and crystallize. It is a topic that is seen as a myth.

In 2017 in a cigar forum someone sent cigars that were supposed to have this plume to a laboratory and only mold was found. Pipe tobacco was later sent in and mold was also found, but primarily it was bacteria that looked like mold to the naked eye.

It just bothers me that the crystal theory is taken for granted and I get a lab analysis as an answer and am called ignorant. Maybe if you take away the white spots the effect will be just as good and that it's just the fermentation over time that improves the effect.

After all, whatever it is, bacteria, mold or crystal bloom it is not terrible hazardous to the body.

Would love to be wrong, so please correct me if you have better evidence.

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena once explained this as a bloom/plume like in cigars, but please search for the topic, I haven't found any evidence for this theory that oil/sugar/salts migrate to the surface and crystallize. It is a topic that is seen as a myth.

In 2017 in a cigar forum someone sent cigars that were supposed to have this plume to a laboratory and only mold was found. Pipe tobacco was later sent in and mold was also found, but primarily it was bacteria that looked like mold to the naked eye.

It just bothers me that the crystal theory is taken for granted and I get a lab analysis as an answer and am called ignorant. Maybe if you take away the white spots the effect will be just as good and that it's just the fermentation over time that improves the effect.

After all, whatever it is, bacteria, mold or crystal bloom it is not terrible hazardous to the body.

Would love to be wrong, so please correct me if you have better evidence.
I thought trolls like you were a thing of the past.
Please take your ignorance to the kindergarten groups where people all believe in Santa and leave the adults to enjoy their life.
Whatever you believe is yours to believe but dont spout it in the grown ups section nobody wants to hear you.

Nextgeneration73

Nextgen, if it smells good and you did it as you said i dont think its mold:) but a crystal winterland. but do take a closeup for the peanut gallery. Mold usually makes me want to sneeze
I looked at it today again once I took it out, it looked brown, and smelled great! 😀 I don't see anything that could resemble mold when I saw it with my own eyes.... Then again there are people who smoke moldy cobs and they're fine so it is what it is... 😁

Nextgeneration73

Hi Swamp Thang it will not cure properly but hopefully it was dry enough to not mold, I would keep an eye on it.
If you wrap the cob tightly in cling wrap it will help it to sweat.
The main thing that brings on the change is sweating in the start then deprivation of oxygen.
If you dont have those things it will not cure properly, give the cling wrap a go and put it in a warm place to sweat for 24hrs before putting it in the jar. Unfortunatly this may lead to mold growing. Sorry I cant give you a rosier prediction, but it is what it is, as they say.
Tangwena
Sorry but what exactly is sweating, I'm reading everywhere about it but I still don't really get it?

Nextgeneration73

IMG_20240513_221522.jpg
IMG_20240513_221605.jpg
IMG_20240513_222226.jpg
IMG_20240513_223309.jpg
IMG_20240513_223552.jpg
IMG_20240513_223735.jpg
IMG_20240513_223753.jpg

I still haven't smoked any since my last early sample while the plant was still blooming... 😀 One half joint a month, that's what I'm thinking of, I don't want to do it everyday because I need to save this stash until I can finally grow my other seeds, and I don't know what year that'll be (my story is complicated)

sneezydog

Nextgen, Sweating is a higher heat moment where the water vapor comes off the material for a moment and is trapped inside the material as well.
And honestly i havent had great results long term how your doing it unless you dry it a bit now as it isnt vacuumed sealed and it isnt actually cobbed with corn or such, but do let us know your thoughts on it. Id make sure it was really tight and i hope its good, but invest in a vacc sealer someday if you can. Id tie that what you have as tightly as you can with paracord and itll be good imo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts