What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with late grow...need all the advice I can fer

ManyManySpliffs

After you germ them and they pop, put in cups for about 2-3wks then you can transplant to a bigger medium or put in ground. If you put in ground, be sure and support it and protect it from critters. You have plenty of time, have you not looked at my last grow? I started in mid-late July and still got close to 2 and a half lbs. Might have been more to be honest, but I'm usually nipping samples off the whole ending of the flower cycle. I'm sure I smoke atleast a qp or more before they were all done. Bad habit I need to stop.. bad, bad MMS lol

thedudefresco

So my rascals clone is doing just fine, but my amnesia clone, which was a bit droopy to begin with, is still droopy while my rascals is a perky little fucker. Also the amnesia had a golden hue in the center of several fan leaves, pretty sure it has enough water. It's been hot outside though so I wouldn't be surprised if it'd a bit burned. I'm assuming it's still rooting. Any advice?

thedudefresco

So guys I have several seedlings sprouting. My 2 clones are doing ok. My O.G clone is thriving and my Amnesia clone is still struggling. I will update with pics and a journal soon.

Here's why I'm posting now though. OK. I have a special seed that I only ordered one of, and I tried sprouting it in soil outside. Big mistake, because I planted in those biodegradable pots that you can plant and we had a huge heat wave that dried those things out instantly. I succeeded in rescuing 3 other seeds and put them into peat cubes.

But this one I had trouble with. I planted it into a peat cube and it wouldn't grow. No root. No nothing. I could pull apart the peat to see the seed and what it was doing. Slowly it opened. The SEED opened. And it appears the seed opened into a leaf of some sort. Maybe the coating on the seed came off and this is the leaf. I don't know. But its strange, because there are two identical semi circular chunks missing from each half. For a while it seemed like it was growing,I put it in the sun and fucked up again because when I left it had dried out. I'm trying to save this thing but don't know what it is. Ive investigated it and it doesn't even have a root!! Its literally this thing and the seed shell seems to be beneath.

heres what it looks like

ManyManySpliffs

I think I have something similar going right now, not as small but whatever that is I doubt it's going to make it. You can leave it to see but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

thedudefresco

I think I have something similar going right now, not as small but whatever that is I doubt it's going to make it. You can leave it to see but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Yeah mine literally doesn't have a root. It was a little bit sunken in the peat cube so i took some tweezers to gently move it up, and the entire thing came out. Its literally just those two leaf looking things and it appears some new leaves are sprouting. I hope mine survives. I've doused it with a bit of dip n grow and super thrive thinking that might help it take root.

Anyone else have some experience with what MMS and I are looking at?

thedudefresco

UPDATE: Need some help. Have had some issues this season, aside from the late start.

1.) Sensi star, (1 died when pot fell over and dried out, other was eaten by rabbits)
2.) Dutch Kush growing alright, this one was germinated July 4th, even later than others, but still is same size as the stunted sensi star.
Pvf4kEq.jpg

(sensi on left, kush on right) ---as you can see, they are very small for almost 2 months old.

3.) Autoflower Sour Hound: Started end of June w/others. Small too. Very nice smelling though.
http://i.imgur.com/HYyXO9p.jpg

4.) seedsman's Jack Herer: 1 stayed super small and was culled, other one has consistently grown rather tall, still kinda small. Bottom leaves are missing after a fuckin' rabbit dug under my fence again.

mGaNzky.jpg

5.) Amnesia haze clone: Stunted from the get go, as was coming out of the stunt, was eaten by a rabbit. (RIP)

6.) Rascal OG Clone: Doing the best out of the rest by far...Even survived a chomping by my rabbit enemies.
ScqzpZi.jpg

Been using a super soil, (looking like some deficiencies?) but after the stunting became apparant about a month ago (also had very hot weather then) I began using some biobizz fish mix and once the flowering began, their bloom and top max.

Looks like I done goofed.

Any advice though?

St. Phatty

Any advice though?

For keeping critters out, the fence needs to continue underneath the plant or other food item (like chickens in a coop).

One of the ways biologists look at animals is, how much energy it takes them to get food.

I was real happy to see a big dirt pile dug about 6 inches under my ground fence. It means the animal expended a boatload of energy and then gave up.

It doesn't mean you have to use a ground fence. Vertical spikes (e.g. pieces of re-bar) driven into the ground every 3 inches will stop most critters.

thedudefresco

Appreciate the advice brother!

I think I've remedied that problem by doing just that!

What is more pressing to me is advice on changing some variables in the soil to get munchies plants growing better....unless they look good to everyone....they seem small to me though!!!

They get good sun, so I'm thinking the only thing could be excess heat (which had lessened in the last 2 weeks) or some other ph, nutrient, miscellaneous problem!!!

I want a worthwhile yield but my moxi levels be dropping fasttttt

thedudefresco

To make clear since this forum is kind of slo and you guys have busy things in your lives...

Here are my inquiries/grow facts, kindly posted with anticipation of receiving some advice.

1.) look at the photos posted; For seeds/the 1 clone planted around July 1, how are these in terms of size?

2.) If, like I anticipate, they seem small, what could be some of those reasons? How is the internode spacing?

3.) I have had hot heat as in 90 plus temps for the duration of July, however since August has come about, things have settled into cooler temps. This might change though. But i suspect that even if the heat was the cause of the stunted growth that I would have seen positive results since then as the heat has subsided.

4.) Holes are huge; soil is comprised mainly of foxfarm, roots 707, dr earth, etc.... quality soil. Amendments include (but in potentially in too small amounts): compost, bone meal, bat guano, chicken manure, dolomite lime, seaweed meal, dr earth 5 5 5 fertilizer, perlite (for drainage not nutes obviously), spaghnum, ewc, azomite, and copious amt of humic acids.

5.) What can I do this late in the game? I'm seeing signs of flowering on the clone, and obviously the autoflower is full fledged...but Thus far I believe the rest are not yet in flower.

Guys pls help me out! And lmk if there's a site that has more of a following; I will still use IC MAG, but wondering if theres a spot to go for faster response? Nothing intended. Just wondering and thus far thsi seems like the most legit community.

Much appreciated, much love, and good vibes.
Dudefresco

Dday391

Hey man your plants look alright for the time they have been going. Your starts in July look like my starts from the same time. Just keep in mind. 1.) Plants can double or sometimes triple in size when they start to flower. 2.) As long as yellowing is in lower leaves and not new growth you shouldn't worry too much. My advice would be to sit back and relax and let them do their thing. Sometimes we over care for our plants and they suffer. Remember it's a weed, it will grow regardless. I know the feeling of wanting to take care of them, but you gotta let them do it themselves sometimes. Just watch out for the critters. Once you get some signs of flowering get something to help prevent mold like greencure or some kind of fungicide just make sure it's food grade so you don't smoke crazy chemicals. I know greencure is safe though and works good if you use it before there is a serious problem. Plus read the outdoor sticky threads and look through the site. I've learned a million useful things on here and you can too. It just takes a bit of digging. Don't worry so much my friend it will all turn out well there isn't much to do now except wait. It seems like your soil is straight and loaded with nutrients don't overdo it because you want bigger plants, they might not be monsters this time but they can still get nice. Hope this helps man, and good luck with the fight against the critters

JOJO420

Veteran
Well ...looking at those plants I'm gonna guess maybe 2 oz if you are lucky.
The last pic with the plant flowering already will be measured in grams.
There really is no way to "do more to get more" at this point.
Use this as a learning experience for next year and you will be more successful in the future.
Good luck man :)

master kusher

I see rapid veg with fish emulsions if it's starting to flower the only thing I can think of is supplemental lighting if that's possible for you.

neongreen

Veteran
Hard to say for sure, but to me it looks like nute lockout, probably due to over watering, but perhaps too much of something else. I also use many of the amendments listed, including biobizz fish mix, and the plants seem to love it. I would swap the dolomite lime for what we call garden lime here though, as dolomite lime usually adds too much Mg (when there is already enough usually), which upsets the Ca:Mg ratio.

Did you mix some of the native soil into the planting holes? I go out of my way to enure I mix plenty of clay(holds on to nutes very well) into my holes, and mixing the native soil in ensures your mix is well inoculated with micro-fauna, however if you are mixing too many ferts, you may loose that advantage.

Try filling up your cages a bit like this too - helps with getting oxygen to the roots:

picture.php

The plant above was transplanted into it's hole which I finished prepping a couple of weeks before planting. It's approx 2 x 3 feet wide and the (anti-vole) cage is 1 foot below/1 foot above the ground. It's mainly clay, but I mixed in 20 or 30l of well broken down stable manure, a bit of cheap compost, and around 5-7l of rice hulls, plus neem meal, seaweed meal, crushed oyster shell, garden lime, sand, and a little rock dust.

Apart from that it just got a lot of fishmix/seawead (maxicrop) and silica, both fed normally and foliar.

I can see you did a lot of work to get to where you are, but you may have been a bit over enthusiastic. I don't think there's much you can do this late in, so chalk it down to a learning experience, and if you get a couple of zips out of it it's a bonus.

IMO read up on balancing your soil:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312208

M. Astera's book is worth getting IMHO. Get the soil right, and everything else more or less takes care of itself.

Good luck
:tiphat: