What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud's Medical Massachusetts Grow Log

This is a an extra room I slapped together just for fun. It's 7 girls Chimera BBXGF REZ SDIBL from seeds I made years ago. They are 14 days into flowering as of today. I had an extra 400 hps ballast so that's all they will get, this is just for curiosity so they won't get the 1000 hps set up since I have those running on a different crop. The girls are in fox farm oceans forest and being fed house and garden AB that's it til I add the bud xl in a few weeks

Attachments

• 20160625_090138.jpg
    20160625_090138.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160625_090446.jpg
    20160625_090446.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160625_090520.jpg
    20160625_090520.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160625_090315.jpg
    20160625_090315.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160625_090131.jpg
    20160625_090131.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 8
SuperSativa - thanks for stopping by. You must have had a good weekend on the vineyard due to the great weather we just had. Your grow is looking good already, I honestly don't think I have any advice that would be significant. One thing I have learned is that you got to use trial and error while growing. Something that works for one person may not work for you. It looks like you are onto something good so keep up the good work.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Bud those plants are looking great, I like the way the leaves are pointed up even at day 10 which is usually a stressful time for them.

some of the dispensaries in Mass (Patriot Care) and most of the ones in NY state are owned by Goldman Sachs. I don't plan to set foot in any of them. Wake me up when there's a coffeeshop I can go chill at with some friends.

hopefully we'll get the big win in November. Pretty much 12 plants is legal, of any size. You can imagine there's going to be some big-assed plants out there! Time to switch from 5 gallon containers to 30 gal!

Thanks for stopping by Muleskinner, the leaves on my plants are always pointed up in my pictures since I always take pictures a day or two after watering. I have a habit of letting the leaves droop a little prior to watering which I never take pictures of since they look a little sad.

I totally agree about the coffeeshop comment. I would love to have some of those around to be able to just hang out and smoke in a legal atmosphere.

I honestly haven't paid much attention to the legal vote since I'm already legal with my med card. Is that the stipulation in the legalization bill that there is a 12 plant limit?
I had heard from word of mouth that the bill had some terminology in there that made it illegal to grow, but since this was from word of mouth it cannot be sited as gospel.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Bud, the law absolutely allows home growing without any sort of registration or fees. 6 plants of any size will be totally legal. If 2 or more people reside in the house, 12 plants is totally legal. If one person alone is caught with 6-12 plants, it's only a $100 civil fine, just like possession is now, basically nothing, penalty is less than jaywalking.

There is no provision for extra seedlings which is too bad. In Maine's 2016 legalization referendum (we're going together) you're allowed to have unlimited veg plants. However, the Mass. plants limits will go away automatically as soon as the Fed allows interstate commerce in herb - hopefully within 5-10 years.

Realistically I doubt the cops would do much about a few extra plants. In Colorado you're only allowed 3 flowering plants, but the busts I've heard about have usually involved people growing hundreds of plants.

We'll be able to go outdoors too, but you'll need a 6-foot fence. Can't wait till November, I hope we get 60%. Social clubs (coffeeshops) will be allowed too - it may take years for any to get open. I bet places like Lynn and some of the older industrial cities will embrace cannabis.

VortexPower420

Veteran
Western and Central MA represent.

Pork chop, up in the hills myself.

Everything looking tight.

Hopefully the legislation passes and not the ballot question.

The ballot question is very corporate

Last edited:
SuperSativa - thanks for stopping by. You must have had a good weekend on the vineyard due to the great weather we just had.

Hey Bud, Thanks for checking out my thread and for the compliments on my first grow!!! The vineyard was amazing! What a perfect week for it! I'll share a couple nice sunset pics and a lobster I caught with a pole and bait.

Your ladies are looking lovely! I can't believe that's only week 2 of 12/12!!! Looks like you have a lot of big colas in the making. Keep up the good work man.... Nice job representing Mass!

Muleskinner

Veteran
The David Rogers legislation isn't going to pass. It's better for home growing than the referendum but it has zero chance, our legislature hates cannabis. They never even moved medMJ out of the first committee in 16 years of trying, they killed it instantly every year.

The Rogers bill has bad taxes. The MPP referendum has very good taxes for us and Maine - 10%. The western states are 27% - 40% or more. And Maine and Mass. will have the best home growing laws in the US after November.

The November vote will be the only chance for Mass. Either it passes or we move to Maine! Rhode Island just passed a law that will force med patients to pay hundreds of dollars per year to grow legally. Gov. Shumlin in Vermont is actually a douche bag that has railed against home growing.

Hey all, mass grower here.

From what I know Rhode Island reduced the fees down to $50 per medallion, that is good for multiple plants during the year. But one at a time, after harvest switch. Rhode Island also pushed up the veg plants so you can have equal veg and Flower plants. The problem in Rhode Island is that they will be establishing wet weight limits so that you can't say it's still drying to get out of being over the limit.

Anyone have experience with outdoor/ greenhouse growing in new england. I've got a sick veg, a great spot, and a medical patient counting on harvest, but I'm starting to hear that everything (60 percent plus) goes to mold in New England. Any feedback? Thanks

Five gallon root ball getting transplanted it into a 20 gallon fabric pot. Coco, drain to waste, maxibloom but switching to jacks 5-12-26 + cal nit. (The 5 gallons were drinking 6 gallons a day)

Attachments

• 20160702_121250.jpg
    20160702_121250.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 8

VortexPower420

Veteran
Mold is a issue.

Have fast plants, keep them open for ventilation and use a living soil for ultimate plant health a dis-ease restiance.

The high nitrates from bottle grow decreases plant health and leaves the much more susceptible to mold.

I ususal on lose less the 10% and I take them to the second week in Oct. I am in the hills of western ma with a sub climate similar to northern vt

Glad to see more New Englanders representing.
Thanks for stopping by Vortexpower420, toxichippie, and alotawatah (great name btw).

I did some defoliating of the girls last week which was their 3rd week of flower and they are looking happy as can be so far.
picture.php

right side of canopy:
picture.php

left side of canopy:
picture.php

Everything is going as planned except for the high temps. I added an intake fan to my room for this grow hoping to keep the room cooler which it seems to have done but now my entire basements ambient temperature is higher since all the cool air is being pulled into the room and then exhausted outside. So it's about 80F in my basement and 90F in the room. not ideal but it will work for now until I can invest in an AC unit.

I figured I should show off some buds from my harvest in March 2016. Please forgive my poor photography

Chocolope
picture.php

Critical Jack
picture.php

Ron Berry
picture.php

picture.php

Vortex, 10 percent loss would be a dream, im adding 4 mil HD plastic to keep the rain off.

Bud, looks like you have it figured out. Maybe add co2 and a humidifier to get up to 65 percent. I know you're not sealed, but it can reduce heat stress, per VPD. Just make sure to have great circulation.