What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100,000 plant bust in BC

Great outdoors

Biggest field I have ever heard of. They just took it down on the 30th of October which is crazy because we have had heavy frosts and really cool wet weather. You can see it in the field picture though, the plants look pretty much dead. Another piece I read about it said they found dry processed weed as well but no charges laid.
Hwy 8 from Merritt is predominantly native reserve. I guess the natives went hog wild...

https://thegrowthop.com/cannabis-news/rcmp-destroys-large-grow-op-with-100000-plus-cannabis-plants-in-rural-b-c

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Damn that's an insane amount of plants! 2 months back they got a 5,000 plant grow which seemed enormous, but 100,000 is insane. Found a pic in another article, these plants look like they dying.
Merritt-Cannabis-Bust.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Our Ontario provincial cops are crowing about their summer:

122,000 plants seized since July 1. They are claiming that much of it was high plant count medical grows that are being diverted to the black market. They even found some kangaroos & zebras at one grow site, I recall.

mjbizdaily link

Great outdoors

Our Ontario provincial cops are crowing about their summer:

122,000 plants seized since July 1. They are claiming that much of it was high plant count medical grows that are being diverted to the black market. They even found some kangaroos & zebras at one grow site, I recall.

mjbizdaily link

Yeah it seemed like I was reading about a big bust a day out there for awhile. They all seemed pretty blatant, not a whole lot of effort in hiding it.

Del_9_THC

Hey man, it's personal use only.....but I forgot where I planted them...so thanks for finding them.....they could still be used for hash making.

Wait, Canada only allows four plants for home grows?....so me and 25,000 of my friends had our grows.....but don't forget cops always bullshit and inflate the plant counts and or dollar value of any bust.....to make themselves seem more important.....

Does anyone really think that they sat there and counted 100,000 plants?....

mcattak

Looks like someone forgot to water.

I am hearing the numbers are so good down here in the USA that canadian is in play just like the 90's.

Great outdoors

Looks like someone forgot to water.

I am hearing the numbers are so good down here in the USA that canadian is in play just like the 90's.

They all froze from the looks of it along with the temps we've had.
Numbers for outdoor here hardly pay for the trim.

Tynehead Tom

the reality of this story is that the crop was all for rosin/shatter production and was one of 3 locations with similar numbers of plants. According to my source the "plots" were easily visible from the air all summer. 2 were harvested over the last few weeks but they didn't get to the third field in time for it to make the news. Someone, probably a hunter , reported the field last week from what I am hearing. but who knows. I am getting 3rd hand info.

Great outdoors

the reality of this story is that the crop was all for rosin/shatter production and was one of 3 locations with similar numbers of plants. According to my source the "plots" were easily visible from the air all summer. 2 were harvested over the last few weeks but they didn't get to the third field in time for it to make the news. Someone, probably a hunter , reported the field last week from what I am hearing. but who knows. I am getting 3rd hand info.

So any idea if it was on native land or was it further back from the main valley?
From the pictures it certainly looks like it was right in the Nicola river valley.

St. Phatty

Some day they will realize

this is a dumb way to spend cop resources

unless of course it's just a make-work program.

wwoww

The cops let them finish the weed and right before they cropped it they robbed them. All cops are drug dealers and steal everything they can and sell it. They never destroy anything.

Latest posts

Latest posts