What's new

how many cfm for a 4' by 4' by 8' area?

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i am building a new 2k room and am wondering how many cfm's i need to exhaust properly.
also,does the room have to exhaust all the time?can i put it on a thermostat and have it turn on whenever the temp gets over say 85?i was either gonna just use cooltubes and vent them directly outside and run the fan 5 minutes every 10 or 20 minutes,,,,any suggestions?how many times a day do i need to exchange the air?or hook up exhaust to a thermostat and a humidistat.

slackx

Veteran
That's enough light for a 6x12...good luck with controlling that heat...btw how the fuck are you fitting reflectors in it? 4x4x8 is 128 CFM

2 1000's will be good for that space, 2 600's will put you on the low end of wattage per square foot for proper coverage. You have about 300 cubic feet, so look at getting a 150-300 CFM fan. A high output 4" or a 6" will work.

chongsbuddy

Veteran
wow,thats it?i had a 4 by 4 by 8 room and i used a 600 cfm fan,i guess it was a bit overkill.so should i have it on all the time or use a timer or thermostat?i still need to know how many times a day i have to exchange air at the least.

JOE CHRONIC

i am building a new 2k room and am wondering how many cfm's i need to exhaust properly.
also,does the room have to exhaust all the time?can i put it on a thermostat and have it turn on whenever the temp gets over say 85?i was either gonna just use cooltubes and vent them directly outside and run the fan 5 minutes every 10 or 20 minutes,,,,any suggestions?how many times a day do i need to exchange the air?or hook up exhaust to a thermostat and a humidistat.

Chong

Run this 24/7 in that size room... http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=Bp1eT6PLJ4OpiQKem-jjBA&ved=0CHIQ8wIwAQ

Constant fresh air is your friend...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fwiw... I have run 2k in the same space fully inclosed, you need 12k btu. With lights on dedicated intake/exhaust w/ 6" inline you need 8k btu. No matter what, circulate the air with a 6" on a filter...a oscillating fan on each end...

Fitler/fan runs 24hr as do oscillating fans. A/C runs via temp settings. If venting the lights, run the fan 15min before / after lights on / off..otherwise it is off 11.5 hrs a day.

I ran 18 plants in 3 or 5 gallon containers in this set up...

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts