What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoke Buddy does it outdoors

S

Smoke Buddy

Hello all my icmag brothers and sisters! :tiphat: I hope you are well and have great success in your gardens this year!

I havent grown any of my favorite plant outdoors in about 6 years I think.. This year I decided to stop my indoor op for the summer and give myself a break while taking advantage of the oportunity of the wide open back field I have.

The spot the plants are at gets direct sunlight from 8:00am to after 8:00pm. Im in the Sacramento valley north of sac and it gets extremely hot here in the summer. Last week we had 2 days over 100 degrees. We also had 3 days of wind over 20 mph. When I have grown here in the past Ive had great results.

I planted 6 different clones. 5 were planted just over 2 weeks ago (June 9th) from beer cups. They were badly in need of transplanting and hungry yellowing and just weak looking. After a few days in the ground they just started to look better and then took off big time. The 6th cut is a gift from a very cool friend here. Thanks Again bro! Its Congo x ECSD. I just planted her a couple days ago. She had a rough trip and needed to rehab on the porch before going out into the extremes. I dont have a pic of her yet she's only a twig at the moment but I expect she will take off immediately.

I dug holes in the ground about 30 gallons each. My mix is recycled (at least 3 cycles on this batch) indoor organic mix thats been cooking for a few months after I added a bunch of stuff like compost, coir, ewc, guano, kelp and some lime. Also some dry ferts, Pure grow and Pure bloom to be specific... then to kick it into gear, moisted with aerated compost tea and wrapped the whole thing into a giant burrito in a tarp.

Without further delay, here are the ladies.

First is a cut I was gifted locally as Strawberry Cough but it seems to be some sort of diesel cross, maybe strawberry D, I dont know but the indoor buds look very similar to ecsd... see the pics in my album. Its damn fine smoke whatever it is.

This is Mr Nice Mango Haze, Fuckem cut... also gifted by an awesome friend here. Im excited to see how she does outside cause she is a really great plant but a big challenge for me indoors. I dont seem to be that great at growing sativas indoors! :)

This is the Purple Brolick clone (AK101's creation of LVPK X Bubba Haze) Some of the strongest best tasting smoke around. When taken 75-80 days indoors she puts ya in a state of comatose.

Chemdog D

Purple Urkle

Hope you enjoy the images! Comments... advice, whatever all is welcomed and desired. Thanks for taking a peep at the girlz.

Updates to follow.

:rasta:

S

Smoke Buddy

Lil Update

Lil Update

Hey Guys Thanks for stopping by!

Things are going well overall EXCEPT the Mango Haze got nailed hard by a gopher and is looking about dead but it keeps hanging on.. maybe it will survive. If so Ill start showing her pic again. Ive taken measures you could say... Die Gophers!

picture.php

The rest are all doing well, growing fast.

Purple Urkle:
picture.php

Unknown Strawberry:
picture.php

Purple Brolick:
picture.php

Chemdog D:
picture.php

ECSD X Congo:
picture.php

Im gonna throw another 5 plants in the ground... its a bit late for much yield but I couldnt say no... a buddy was going to toss them cause he always makes extra. These are all Purple Urkle. I will get em in the ground today:
picture.php

Thats it for now.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Dronabinol

because the rest looks entirely well, you can see the hand to plants, success to the end!

PS: I apologize for my English.

I greet, Namaste.

S

Smoke Buddy

Thanks for your kindness Dronabinol! Greetings :tiphat:

Here is a little update. These were taken around noon today.
The weather here has been running very hot.. which is cooler than the sweltering Julys we usually have. Today is a little cooler than yesterday we are supposed to get to 95... and dry and windy.

I have only given well water so far except 2 weeks ago I top dressed each plant with about a 1/2 gallon of very high quality EWC and a handful of Pure Grow organic dry ferts. This morning I gave each plant a gallon of urine water! What you say? Thats right! mixed at about 12 parts water to 1 part urine. The idea is that outdoors we are just about to see the stretch here. I want as much available nitrogen as I can get without chemicals for the next month. We shall see what happens but my plan is to hit em every week for a month.

Here we are today:

picture.php

Chem D
picture.php

Purple Brolick
picture.php

Unknown Strawberry ?
picture.php

The little bush that could: Purple Urkle
picture.php

and lastly, the Mango Haze did survive and is coming back quickly now. It lost alot of leaves and momentum from the gopher assault. :)

picture.php

Hope you like the pics. Thanks for the comments.

S

Smoke Buddy

Aug 1

Aug 1

picture.php

Chem D
picture.php

Purple Brolick
picture.php

Strawberry ?
picture.php

Purple Urkle
picture.php

Mango Haze
picture.php

peace :rasta:

Endur

Veteran
Awesome backyard grow.
I like how you planted in complete full sun.
Cant wait to see them in a few weeks.
Peace
Endur

A

Aerokush101

Well I be damn... This show is taking off... I love it, Im doing a V2 of the PB this year, I'm taking the PMK X OJ...WoW, amazing thinking about it... By the way, thats Purple Menthol Kush, the LVPK is a little different, I got that if you like to try her out. I'm so backed up... DAMN. You should take a trip to the EAST COAST!!!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
they are huge. what are you feeding them? wowzers, out in the middle of the field like that. you worried about rippers?

S

Smoke Buddy

Thanks for stoppin by fellas. :tiphat: Girls are starting to bud big time except for my one ECSD X Congo (Thank You DJXX! ) is holding out for a little more veg.

NOICE.........DJ

Thanks DJ! Hope its going well! Any word on that other one?

Awesome backyard grow.
I like how you planted in complete full sun.
Cant wait to see them in a few weeks.
Peace
Endur

Thank you Endur! Yeah I dig the fact that they are in the direct sunlight from about 8:00am to dusk. Sure makes for compact growth since they are really never in the shade. The Chem and Brolick are literally wider than they are tall. Strawberry and Urkle are close to that also. Even the haze is bushy. :)

Well I be damn... This show is taking off... I love it, Im doing a V2 of the PB this year, I'm taking the PMK X OJ...WoW, amazing thinking about it... By the way, thats Purple Menthol Kush, the LVPK is a little different, I got that if you like to try her out. I'm so backed up... DAMN. You should take a trip to the EAST COAST!!!

Ha! There he is! Glad you stopped in. Whats up AK!
Couple things...
Holy Shit, I been telling everybody that the Brolick is LVPK X Bubba Haze... aw.... damn. So, just to be clear, PB= PMKXBH? welll I think my mistake was somehow I got the idea that LVPK=Menthol Kush... not sure where I got that idea. Last thing I wanna do is give wrong lineage info! No sweat tho... Thanks for setting me straight.

Man of course I want to try V2 cause V1 is the shit. Let me illuistrate why :artist: I am not kidding when I say most purple lovers and every indica lover I know LOVE PB more than any of my other strains including well grown Urkle which is a fukin HUGE compliment to PB obviously... Bag appeal is off the charts and the smoke lives up. Everybody I know who has the cut agrees.
Im stoked to run the OJ straight up too believe me. Glad you are busy gettin it done bro. Get at me when you get the time. I got something ready for you.

they are huge. what are you feeding them? wowzers, out in the middle of the field like that. you worried about rippers?

Howzit budman! Thanks for the comment bro. Im feeding them organic... pee, fish hydrolysate, liquid seaweeed, AACT, I only gave em 2 weekly shots of pee and I'll stop with the fish this week. add some other stuff
Rippers? Nah. We dont cotton to rippers round here,,, we got the cure. Actually they are fairly well obscured from most eyes. The tweekers are on the other side of town usually. LOL.. Ya never know I guess.. My 2 neigbors on the sides who can see them are oblivious and NOT into it as well as being my good friends and neighbors, I give them veggies from my garden which they love me for. They keep to their own business, I keep to mine. Plus here in norcal its become the norm to have cannabis in the yard... My attitude is: Its 100 percent legal. No one cares. I love that.

Ill do a pic update soon.

S

Smoke Buddy

Aug 11

Aug 11

Greetings!

picture.php

The corn is Kandy King on the left (72 day strain) and Silver Queen on the right (90 days). I can hardly wait. :)

Dronabinol

WoW! amazing!
you have really pretty the plants, unfortunately I not to cultivate can their in outdoor
Greetings, I will look Here because is on what to have a look :)

To Hearing :)

ps: do I see that at You the whole time sunny weather? :)
do I hope that despite my unacquaintance with of the language, what you understood I wrote hehe?

S

Smoke Buddy

Hi Dronabinol! Thanks for the kind words friend! Im glad you are enjoying. :)

You are doing fine with english bro. Yes, there has been nothing but sunny weather after a slightly wetter than normal spring and the temperatures have been slightly below normal which is good.

peace bro :rasta:

S

Smoke Buddy

Mid August update

Mid August update

Here's the girlz today... they are def showing the stress of 1600 ppm well water. The Chem D is showing the most issues but she is packing on the bud. I may switch to RO water for the rest of the grow...

Chem D

Purple Brolick

Strawberry

Mango Haze

Purple Urkle

Sour Congo

Next week Ill show the 5 little mini-Urkles which are doing nicely.

R

Raw_Dog

Smoke Buddy, what it do? Lol. I'm back, it's your homie that gave you the Brolick and ChemD, with the Urkle.. What's up? Let me get 50 post and we'll be back at it.