What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drug Couseling

Status
Not open for further replies.

designer

Everyone come in, find a seat quickly as we have so much to do. Everyone please turn off your cell phone or other electronic device and remember don't bring food, drink or coffee into the session. No chewing gum. Anyone that is 15 minutes late will be counted as absent. Thank you for your cooperation.

In 2007 I got a DUI and ran from it, never went to court until recently. I got the full bevy of enjoyment, including probation and a drug and alcohol assessment. Get this, I got a DUI but I needed a drug and alcohol assessment. Okay.

So probation is like this.. you do every single thing your Probation Officer (PO) says or you go to court as though you are facing criminal charges. You are well advised to have an attorney for those proceedings. This is what people mean about "being in the system."

I went to my assessment. I was asked many kinds of questions that had Nothing to do with the crime I plead guilty to. Do I have problems gambling, what kinds of drugs do I take, was I sexually abused as a child blah blah blah. To all of these questions I gave them nothing. I have not had a drink in 3 years, don't do any drugs what so ever. Guess what, I failed the assessment and was told I need to go to Intensive Out Patient therapy (IOP). What this agency did was tell me I need to spend thousands of dollars at their facility.

Now sure I did the crime and need to do the time, but wtf? WTF? You are going to force a person that committed a crime almost 4 years ago to sit through therapy for drug and alcohol abuse? It is a farce. For two hours a day, three times a week I am in jail... for three months. I clearly do not have a problem, but this agency needs all the seats filled to meet their profit margins. And guess what happens if I do not follow all the recommendations of this agency in the 3 month period? Yes, I get more. And I also get to go to court, get an attorney and face more charges.

Here is something I seen on the paperwork, "We at xxx do not believe in medical marijuana and for the time of treatment we ask that you do not use it." That is not a request ladies and gentlemen, it is an order. Failure to comply will be a probation violation. I am just glad I do not have diabetes and be told I can't take insulin.

u drove drunk? (I know u'll probably say you werent. it was only 1 drink, right?) sorry mate, no sympathy.

shouldve dealt with yer shit when it happened

designer

u drove drunk? (I know u'll probably say you werent. it was only 1 drink, right?) sorry mate, no sympathy.

shouldve dealt with yer shit when it happened

Yes I did drive drunk. I spent thousands of dollars and time in jail for it. That was 4 years ago. My blood alcohol level was .13 What does that have to do with Medical Marijuana? Do I need counseling if I hadn't had a drink in three years?

I understand you don't condone drinking and driving, and frankly I don't either. But forcing a person through counseling is just another farce and a reason for an alienated population that feels the government is full of shit.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It has nothing to do with actual treatment... they just want as much money as they can squeeze out of you.

DUI arrests make the system money... and lots of it.

Enjoy your time with the MAN, he is here to help you get well.

well if they just slapped one on the wrist one might be inclined to repeat the process over again. There is a reason its such a pain in the ass

mintz

Everyone come in, find a seat quickly as we have so much to do. Everyone please turn off your cell phone or other electronic device and remember don't bring food, drink or coffee into the session. No chewing gum. Anyone that is 15 minutes late will be counted as absent. Thank you for your cooperation.

In 2007 I got a DUI and ran from it, never went to court until recently. I got the full bevy of enjoyment, including probation and a drug and alcohol assessment. Get this, I got a DUI but I needed a drug and alcohol assessment. Okay.

So probation is like this.. you do every single thing your Probation Officer (PO) says or you go to court as though you are facing criminal charges. You are well advised to have an attorney for those proceedings. This is what people mean about "being in the system."

I went to my assessment. I was asked many kinds of questions that had Nothing to do with the crime I plead guilty to. Do I have problems gambling, what kinds of drugs do I take, was I sexually abused as a child blah blah blah. To all of these questions I gave them nothing. I have not had a drink in 3 years, don't do any drugs what so ever. Guess what, I failed the assessment and was told I need to go to Intensive Out Patient therapy (IOP). What this agency did was tell me I need to spend thousands of dollars at their facility.

Now sure I did the crime and need to do the time, but wtf? WTF? You are going to force a person that committed a crime almost 4 years ago to sit through therapy for drug and alcohol abuse? It is a farce. For two hours a day, three times a week I am in jail... for three months. I clearly do not have a problem, but this agency needs all the seats filled to meet their profit margins. And guess what happens if I do not follow all the recommendations of this agency in the 3 month period? Yes, I get more. And I also get to go to court, get an attorney and face more charges.

Here is something I seen on the paperwork, "We at xxx do not believe in medical marijuana and for the time of treatment we ask that you do not use it." That is not a request ladies and gentlemen, it is an order. Failure to comply will be a probation violation. I am just glad I do not have diabetes and be told I can't take insulin.
only in america,in glad im english

G

Graham Purwatt

damn bro i'm in a similar situation coincedentally. i committed a crime in 06 and was never arrested for it until 2010,didn't know i had a warrant.just got probation and of course the same drug evaluation.told them the same thing,no drugs,don't drink.same type of questions.i watched the guy type what i said into the program on his computer,he wrote only what i said.this program amazingly generated the answer to all my problems! 12 classes and drug tests at 24 bucks a class,16 bucks a drug test! who would've thought? only 40 bucks a week for the next 12 weeks and i'll be fixed! unless of course i miss a payment or a class,then i get 5 more classes for each mistake. it doesn't matter what you say,you're a drug addict in serious need of help and these gracious folk will be willing to help for the low price of 40 dollars a week.what good,kind people they are. i start my first class today.i can't wait! what fun awaits....:moon:

supermanlives

Veteran
been there done that. the classes sucked. all that talk about drugs and alcohol made me want to do them more. i always stopped at the bar on the way home LOL i did learn my lesson tho and wont ever drink and drive again. all the fines and wasted money didnt bother me as much as those long boring classes. and there wasnt even any hot chicks to look at

D

darkhorse

been there done that. the classes sucked. all that talk about drugs and alcohol made me want to do them more. i always stopped at the bar on the way home LOL i did learn my lesson tho and wont ever drink and drive again. all the fines and wasted money didnt bother me as much as those long boring classes. and there wasnt even any hot chicks to look at

i went to an nA meeting once and what a joke! thats all they done
was sit and talk about past drug use whist smaking their lips.
deals were getting done chicks were hooking up with guys that looked like they had money, there was even this psychatric nurse
or something there but she was on our side of the table.

designer

I just got out of counseling and it does seem that sex is what is on everyone's mind there. When the girls speak it is all about relationships. How do you feel? I am anxious, I am ending a new relationship because I don't want to hurt someone else blah blah blah. Interestingly, this one has a super hot body, (a meth user) has been especially friendly to me and indicated she prefers older guys. She would have needed a hammer to make her position better known. She did pretend to forget my name from meeting me Monday but I know that she didn't. She wrote my name on a folder. Expect to hear more of this one.

So anyway, we watched a video from the early 90s about stress relief. The lady in the video talked to a live audience and moved around the stage like Richard Simmons. She had hair that looked like a Darth Vador helmet and that was all I could focus on. She kept saying it was 1995 but the hair styles looked like the 70s. Men with mullets and beards. I spent an hour watching this clown tell me rules to make my life better. Made me wonder if a single person in the world believes in this horse shit.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
So anyway, we watched a video from the early 90s about stress relief. The lady in the video talked to a live audience and moved around the stage like Richard Simmons. She had hair that looked like a Darth Vador helmet and that was all I could focus on. She kept saying it was 1995 but the hair styles looked like the 70s. Men with mullets and beards. I spent an hour watching this clown tell me rules to make my life better. Made me wonder if a single person in the world believes in this horse shit.

No that shit really happened!

:scripture:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
For two hours a day, three times a week I am in jail... for three months.

:laughing:
you are joking right?

you got behind the wheel drunk.
thank you lucky stars you get outpatient treatment.
it could be worse.
you could have had to live with killing someone on your conscience.
getting busted and dealing with those consequences is much easier than living with yourself if the unthinkable happens.
you showed a blatant disregard for your fellow man.
make the best of this,quit complaining and try to learn one single thing from your time in the meetings.

designer

:laughing:
you are joking right?

you got behind the wheel drunk.
thank you lucky stars you get outpatient treatment.
it could be worse.
you could have had to live with killing someone on your conscience.
getting busted and dealing with those consequences is much easier than living with yourself if the unthinkable happens.
you showed a blatant disregard for your fellow man.
make the best of this,quit complaining and try to learn one single thing from your time in the meetings.

Well I cop to my shit, but do you I wonder? You ever drive stoned? Kind of funny what some think is stoned and what others may think. Some think stoned is when you are peaking and blazing. But there is a period that last much longer following that where you are just really slow.

I am glad you come here to judge me though. Take a number

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Some think stoned is when you are peaking and blazing. But there is a period that last much longer following that where you are just really slow.

A month or more by some estimates.

We really ought to think it through when it comes to testing and legalization.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Well I cop to my shit, but do you I wonder? You ever drive stoned? Kind of funny what some think is stoned and what others may think. Some think stoned is when you are peaking and blazing. But there is a period that last much longer following that where you are just really slow.

I am glad you come here to judge me though. Take a number
nope sure dont...
i only medicate in the evenings for the most part.
to drive impaired in any manner shows a lack of respect for human life.
i judge your actions not your person.
regardless of what i think of your actions,now you ARE in outpatient treatment and will have to attend.
you could continue to bitch about it or:
try to learn something..
anything!!!
if you have to be there make your time productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts