What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what moral issue willl we look back on in 100 years and go WTF?

Relative to Western Society.

I would guess our treatment of pigs and cows.

I'm not a vegan, veg, or activist of any type. Just my guess that we'll learn more about brain science, be able to make more succinct comparative analysis of aforementioned animals intellectual capacities/pain threshold, and be pretty disgusted in our collective selves with factory farming, and so on.

I do not think we will have a problem with killing animals for meat. Rather, the way we go about it.

What do you think will be the number one "WTF were we thinking?" It's an interesting exercise IMO. Cheers.:)

one Q

Quality
Veteran
I think that how we worship celebrities is something we'll look back on and be like "why"

I was vegan for a long time, I had to begin eating some meat for my personal health, and i know that people already know how horrifying factory farming is. Scientific proof would be cool though.

A

auto guerilla

i reckon itl have to be the burning of fossil fuels and wasting recources. as science advances we will look back on this as the carbon age.

bigwity

Veteran
new orleans man im english and that shit is disgaceful fucking yanks. long live treme

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
what moral issue willl we look back on in 100 years and go WTF?

Religions fighting each other for imaginary salvation.

bigwity

Veteran
911 and the whole "war on terror" witchhunt
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

the war on terror man what a load of shite. how can you fight terror man iits not even a entity is it. who ya gonna shoot at? oh look that rat terrifys me quick shoot it. there a scary man shoot him. terror can be any1 or anything its an excuse for america and england to fight or take who/what they want. its like saying we will start a war on nightmares. what a load of crap. fucking self obsessed sheep.

allowing Lady Gaga to continue her facade of being female.

Before she became a product she was kinda cute.

Lady_Gaga_MTV_boiling_point.jpg

Alright. Not cute. But feminine at least.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
The imprisonment of marijuana smokers.

#endprohibition

J Edgar Hoover working with tricky Dick Nixon trying to deport John Lennon for the same .... having him followed everywhere and considered a dangerous threat to "Homeland Security" .
http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520222465

When FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover reported to the Nixon White House in 1972 about the Bureau's surveillance of John Lennon, he began by explaining that Lennon was a "former member of the Beatles singing group." When a copy of this letter arrived in response to Jon Wiener's 1981 Freedom of Information request, the entire text was withheld—along with almost 200 other pages—on the grounds that releasing it would endanger national security

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Religious fanatics have fought for oh, the last few centuries now. In fact, most of the bloodiest battles in History were over religion.

Why would that suddenly change?

Religious wars have been fought for thousands of years. But mechanized wars are our bloodiest and they're not fought over religion. They're fought for land, resources, unity or greed.

I'm talking about fundamentalist Christian Armageddon in anticipation of rapture. We won't kill everybody, there will be enough left in the aftermath to express, "WTF? Why did we look the other way when religious zealots were beating their drums?"

jack Haze

Religious wars have been fought for thousands of years. But mechanized wars are our bloodiest and they're not fought over religion. They're fought for resources, unity or greed.

I'm talking about fundamentalist Christian Armageddon in anticipation of rapture. We won't kill everybody, there will be enough left in the aftermath to express, "WTF? Why did we look the other way when religious zealots were beating their drums?"

I see religious factions as being so single-minded and oblivious to anything else that they'll never change. Nearly any major war/battle fought has been somehow tied to religion of some sort. Either directly or indirectly.

It'd be nice if one day they all woke up and saw the ignorance of it all and learned the meaning of ''tolerance'' but I don't see that happening.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
prescription medicine. er let me be more specific, all the fake prescription drugs like diet pills, sleeping, stay-awake pills, most of the "mental health" meds, and lol all these drugs for things that aren't even problems...like
"restless leg" syndrome or "tired in the morning" syndrome, not to mention all this crap that we're feeding kids that have high energy...arguing that high energy or an active imagination is a bad thing that need to be "fixed" with a pill.

I bet you could just look at the top 5-10 most profitable products or services right now and those will probably make the list as well.

bottled water anyone? speaking of water ...lawns, all the water we waste on watering grass in our yards instead of edible fruits n shit..that seems pretty immoral.