Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Thai Stick/Cannagar Leaf prep

Thread Title Search
Thai Stick/Cannagar Leaf prep Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2019, 04:15 PM #1
MD84

MD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really nice
Thai Stick/Cannagar Leaf prep

Hi all, so i'm seeing all these lovely looking Cannagars online but folk seem to be very secretive with their leaf preperation techniques. So i was hoping to get a little discussion going in here describing the different methods being used. So far i've heard people washing leaves with a quick iso/water mixture. Using leaves straight from the plant and letting them 'cure. Or 'curing' the leaves before use and others. Which method are you using? What do you find gets rid of any nasty taste that might come from the leaf the best? Thanks for any help
MD84 is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2019, 08:08 AM #2
BISHOP559

BISHOP559 is on a distinguished road
I too am interested
BISHOP559 is offline Quote

Old 03-24-2019, 11:43 PM #3
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Water cure the leaves and dry flattened lightly. Read cigar forums. Loads of information there. Like flattening ridges.
Mikell is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:55 AM #4
MD84

MD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really niceMD84 is just really nice
Water cure?
MD84 is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2019, 01:05 PM #5
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
thai stick is ridiculously easy to make

traditonally they used wispy buds wet at harvest time and mold them around a stem (liek a reverse joint) and tie them with a twine made from same plant (pulling strips from stem)

I had promised a long time ago to make some and do a tutorial and keep on forgetting to do it when time is most appropriate

next harvest will be a good opportunity to try it again if I remember to do it I will wrap a few and take some snaps

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:59 PM #6
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
Water cure?
You can look it up here but it's basically just soaking them in water until it runs clear, refreshing the water daily.
Mikell is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:26 PM #7
thailer

thailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant future
i tried making thai sticks once with bamboo skewers that you can remove and it leaves air holes to smoke the cigar. it turned into a gooey mess but i have all the supplies currently...

i have this plant that has three finger wide blades on the leaves. i'm guessing thick blades would work better over thinner leaf varieties? thanks for sharing mikell

Old 04-04-2019, 12:38 PM #8
MD84

My first attempt went pretty well. But i just used leaves that had not undergone any process and left the cannagar to cure for a couple of weeks. I was surprised how little you could actually taste the chlorophyll from the leaves but it was still noticeable. I'd like to remove it next time like i see these guys doing on insta for a better flavour.
MD84 is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2019, 03:39 PM #9
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Check Leira on IG. If you go back to his early posts he inadvertently drops a few hints. To get that smooth cuban style skin I believe he is removing leaf ridges and sort of polishing the cannagar with a block.
Mikell is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:48 AM #10
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivor
Weird, do you mind doing your tutorial.

I have ordered cannagar mold. My main question is like the the OP. How to manage the leaves.

Roll with fresh leaves then cure the whole cannagar? In my mind I would think that the leaves would tighten up as they dried.

There's lots of different styles. Some only use kief wrapped in rosin wrapped in leaf.
Some use flower for the bulk of the body, some use a mix.
Most use a small "sheet" of concentrate and wrap the body.

I read about some folks take wax or rosin and add a few drops of alcohol to make thin enough to brush on as a glue. Then the ethanol evaps off as cannagar dries.

I think I will do that style, I don't need massive amounts of wax in the cigar, just enough to hold it together. It won't burn as long as slow, but I would think it would be a more enjoyable smoke.

Has anybody experimented in the past year since thread was started?
CannaRed is offline Quote