What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Olum's first stealth cab extravaganza bonanza!

Olum

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey! I'm finally building my first cab and I'm really excited about it! The design is inspired by Anti's Stealth Cab 3000 (thanks Anti, you rule!) and of course, the NGB stealth cab. I opted to modify an existing cabinet instead of starting from scratch and ended up with an unfinished sink cabinet. So far I've only managed to gut it and paint the inside and some of the pieces that will eventually go inside. I knew that I wanted to base the cab on Anti's, so I started buying stuff before I had everything all figured out. Not at all a problem, gave me a chance to really focus on the task and start to develop more ideas. After spending 16 hours working on it, buying materials and tools, and finally sitting down to sketch something out, I have a blueprint. Unfortunately I am not familiar with google sketch. I tried using it and found it to be confusing and gave up in the interest of time. I have been planning to do this build for a couple of months now and tomorrow is my self imposed dead line. I need to have at least the majority of the work done by early afternoon tomorrow. Without further ado or guilding the lily, I present to you my first stealth cab.

FRONT VIEW TRANSPARENT
picture.php

SIDE VIEW CROSS SECTIONS OF CHAMBERS
picture.php

STONER LOGIC
picture.php

CAB IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT
picture.php

CAB IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT
picture.php

Ok, so you're probably looking at that crappy picture of a crappy drawing and saying to yourself, "Gee, that sure is a shitty picture. That writing looks like a 5-year-old's too." Take a moment to look closer my friends and let me try to explain. I'm sorry I don't have a better graphic representation. In case you can't read or understand the pictures, here is the idea:

It's a sink cabinet that I will attach a top towhen completed.

Outer dimensions: 34 1/2" T X 24 1/8" D X 60" W
Inner space: 28 1/4 T X 22 1/8 D X 58" W

The floor of the cabinet stands 6" off the ground as the walls protrude downward past the floor. I entirely removed the front portion of the bottom 6" and will likely make more alterations to the walls to allow more air in and out as all air moving in or out will do so through the bottom via inlet and outlet ducts in the rear (as opposed to having inlet and outlets in the back and ducting in the top.) I'm able to do make use of the additional 7" + in depth my cab has over Anti's to make up for it's lack of height, so in the end my mom and flower chambers are actually taller and wider, but will be of the same depth as Anti's. I have a significantly smaller secondary chamber as I am doing a more traditional grow instead of a perpetual. I have room for three mothers in my mother chamber. I'm not sure how many plants I should put into my flower chamber. I want to SCROG with BOG's Blue Moon Rocks. Any suggestions? The air circulates via a passive intake system traveling in through the center drying chamber, splitting up and going to the mother and grow chambers through double walls meant to prevent light leakage from one chamber to another, up through the chambers, into a carbon filtering chamber, and is then expelled via two 120mm pc fans capable of up to 78 CFM each into the rear air outlet which is approximately 7" deep and covers the entire area behind the drying and filter chambers. It continues on both sides behind the other chambers, but is only about 4" deep behind those chambers as both grow chambers have wall ducts feeding from the bottom into the glass-encased CFL area. I am still uncertain as to how many lights I will use, but I have 24 on hand -- 12 2700K 23w 1600 lumen Soft Whites and 12 5000k 27w 1750 lumen Daylights. Each light chamber gets its own 120 mm fan exhausting into the same larger rear chamber that the carbon filter exhausts into. I will carefully ensure an airtight seal around the glass so that there is no smell leakage from the plants, around the glass, and into the exhaust ducts without passing through the carbon filter. To the side is a 5" wide utility/storage area that I may install a piece of wood into vertically with drawer sliders and mount the electronics into so I can slide it out as one panel for easy access. The both chambers' plants will also be on shelves that slide out. I even plan to attach hooks to strips of wood fixed to the cieling of the drying chamber with drawer slides so I can hang or remove buds by sliding them out as well. Not shown in my doodles are the dividers under the cab in the 6" area beneath that will separate the in flowing and out flowing air to ensure fresh air is coming in instead of recycling carbon dioxide laden air. I will also be installing a fan speed controller so that each fan's speed can be individually controlled. The cab will be in a carpeted and air conditioned room. The fans will be wrapped in either foam or surrounded by insulating caulk-like foam to reduce noise from vibration and sound proofing foam (approx 2" thick) will be applied to the rear wall of the exhaust duct. The front, the part that actually opens will be held on by strong magnets and will be on what most would consider to be the back of the cabinet. The cabinet doors will be glued, caulked, and completed sealed. If anyone asks, they're locked. The cabinet facade is then, actually the rear.

CHAMBERS (Inner space - does not include inner wall widths of 1/2" and outer wall widths of 3/4" and greater)
MAIN GROW - 26.25" T X 17" D X 27.5" W
MAIN GROW LIGHTS - 2.5" T X 22 1/8" D X 27.5" W
MOTHER - 26.25" T X 17" D X 9" W
MOTHER LIGHTS - 2.5" T X 17" D X 9" W
DRYING/INTAKE CHAMBER - 20" T X 17" D X 11" W
CARBON FILTERING CHAMBER - 8.25" T X 17" D X 11" W
* EXHAUST DUCT (CENTER PORTION) - 28.75" T X 7 5/8" D X 12" W
* EXHAUST DUCT (BEHIND GROW CHAMBER) - 28.75" T X 4 1/8" D X 27.5" W
* EXHAUST DUCT (BEHIND MOM CHAMBER) - 28.75" T X 4 1/8" D X 9" W
MOTHER LIGHT'S AIR INTAKE - 28 3/4" T X 3" D X 9" W
MAIN LIGHT'S AIR INTAKE - 28 3/4" T X 3" D X 27.5" W
UTILITY ROOM - 28 3/4" T X 22 1/8 D X 5" W

*There is only one exhaust. It is larger than both of the intake ducts for the lights these intakes actually exist inside the larger exhaust duct. Thus these measurements are imperfect as they do not take into account larger strips of space on the outer corners of the exhaust area after the intake areas for the light chambers end. All air intake and exhaust happens through the bottom of the cab. All air intake and exhaust duct measurements are likely slightly off (=/- 1/2").

I'm still unsure as to how exactly to hook up my lights and fans. I have everything I need -- lights, fans, fixtures, wire, PC power supply -- but I'm not sure how best to wire everything. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm very excited to have begun this project and am so grateful to everyone who has helped me on IC through their informative and entertaining posts and chat room encounters. I am open to suggestions and comments and I hope you'll go with me as I begin my journey towards mini pot farmerdom. :D

Garuda

Veteran
Looks promising, a pity that you already have the lights, otherwise I would suggest PL-Ls ;), at least for the flowering chamber. I like the style of that sink cabinet :D

Greetings,
Garuda.

Olum

I've been trying to figure out what exact set up to go with for months and it seems that all of them have some merits so it was really difficult to decide which of the many methods available for everything involved should be used. I considered PL-Ls but I would have to order them via the internet which would take longer that I had planned on and I have not read many grow reports in which PL-Ls were used yet. I'm not saying that there aren't a lot of positive reports on them, just that I haven't read anything so I went with what I knew the most about through my own research.

Today I finished most of my shopping. I have about 98% of the materials I need and construction is well underway. The back of the cab (front of the grow) has been removed and is in the process of being retrofitted into a secret door panel. I should have gotten more done today but i saw this giant ass spider so I caught him and we smoked a bowl together. he curled up like he was dead, but when I set him free outside he was fine running all over the place. But he had a little trouble climbing the wall (he fell off) and he seemed sluggish and disoriented. I believe he was a stoned mofo! So now I'm also stoned and seem to have come up with a case of anal glacoma -- I can't see my ass getting up to do anything for the next few hours.

archer66

:muahaha: have to try that with the spider :D. I love to see detailed constructions, its very inspiring to see what others build.
Looks like it going to be very clean, keep the good work up and i'll be in the back seats wathcing.

Olum

Anti, thanks for watching, bro. I've been inspired by different cabs over the years like OG's monolith and NGB, but when I saw yours I thought not only is that awesome, but I could build something like that! Since I can't draw worth a damn I will be taking lots of pictures as I go through the building process so hopefully everyone will be able to see through the photos what is only decipherable by someone highly trained in hieroglyphics and stoned out of their gourd in my hand-drawn pictographs!

Alas, my building must come to a hiatus today, as I will be traveling again and away for a couple weeks. I will start work again when I get back, and that will also give anyone with feedback time to throw in their two-cents. I'm still looking for more information on how best to wire the lights, how best to wire the fans, speed controller, and pc power supply. Also unsure as to how many plants my main grow room can sustain for a maximum yield SCROG style grow, specifically with BOG's Blue Moon Rocks. Although I like the novel idea of my sleek sliding utility panel, do I really need it? Maybe it's better to run the wires through the exhaust the power supply back there and my timer and fan speed controls on a wall in the drying chamber. I was thinking that it might be useful to use a surge protector to plug everything into inside the cab. I'm pretty sure I have all the raw materials I need for the electrical wiring, I'm just not sure how to go about doing it. Can I daisy chain the lights so they all operate off of one wire and one plug? What about plugs coming out of the cab? I want only one cord coming out of it to be plugged into the wall, any more doesn't seem so stealthy. That's why I wondered about the surge protector. I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but I plan on growing organically in an organic mix in pots. Any thoughts on what size is good for the number and size of plants that I would have in a SCROG type grow in a space of this size.

All constructive input is welcome. Thank you much!

yo man your cab is lookin real real good keep up the good work. will you have room for a blower if your PC fans don't work out or at least have another option like exhaust for mother room/drying room and a separate for flower? just in case it gets hot...PC fans are kind of unpredictable imo

Olum

I could place a larger fan in the rear exhaust area instead of having the dual PC fans, but at a combined total of 156 CFM for the grow chambers and both sets of lights being separated from the grow by glass and exhausted separately with their own 78 CFM fans, I don't foresee a need for anything more powerful. I'm already working with a maximum of 312 CFM and the cab is in an air conditioned room. Or perhaps it would be better to exhaust the larger light set with two fans and have only one for the carbon filter. That's where most of the heat will likely come from so it would seem to make sense.

FYI, I also intend to use a stand of some sort to keep my plants elevated so that they are very close to the lights at all times. As they grow taller, I will lower the stand, but they will always be near the lights so there is no useless space.

This cab has been an excellent excuse for me to buy a lot of additional power tools that I didn't previous own. Ho ho ho ho (manly laugh) :D

i did the same when building mine. also didn't know your lights were aircooled, you should be more than good on CFM. my fault i guess i got tired of reading (see: high and lazy) and missed the whole cooled part of it. carry on, looks good. do more construction! that's my favorite part.

Olum

Well, I've been on vacation for the past two weeks. I was thinking that there would probably be a lot more responses to this thread with people chiming in with different ideas and improvements but there's not too many. Either I've got a good idea or nobody can understand my writing/sketchings. Anyway, I will continue with construction as soon as I get back to the house and I will document the build for those who may be interested in doing something similar and just for those who want to see a bad sketch on the back of a calendar become a real life object producing the sweetest, stoniest buds my little heart can handle! :D

hey man. glad to see it's almost construction time again. you do have a good idea so far, just don't get discouraged and don't be afraid to change your plans! get a move on, dude, i wanna see this get going

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i've always thought about using a sink cabinet like that! i'll be following along for sure! :joint:

so are you going with marble countertops or granite? lol

ArcticBlast

Olum

No formica, promise! I'm gonna put plywood on top, stain the cab, and put that fake wood stuff on the top and the original back and put a TV on top of it.

Olum!

I'M BACK!

I'M BACK!

After nearly a year long hiatus I'm back on the boards and continuing the build, although I had to get a new account since I don't remember my old password. It's come a long way and underwent some design changes along the way. I'm very happy to show off where the cab is at now and get any feedback as I move forward to FINALLY finish this project.

The color key for both photos is on the bottom right of the first photo.
View from the real front with no top or door

Top down

a2PhTt

Last edited: