What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bovedas 62% giving weird taste to my weed

Bgoat

Wouldn’t be hard to do some side by side testing.

I have used them for a couple of years and not noticed any odd tastes or reduced flavours.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use bovedas after drying and haven’t noticed a loss of anything. Once the humidistat in the jar holds 58%-62% for 48hrs without opening the jar, I pop in a boveda62 and pretty much forget about it. Boveda is a 5 star product, imo.

insomniac_AU

Same. I can't help thinking it would be easy to make Boveda the scapegoat for poorly grown/dried/cured weed. Which would have tasted like ass anyway. :dunno:

dufous

That's my point. It's not the boveda. There's something else going on.

A sour or vinegary flavor is bacterial. There's enough moisture for bacteria but not for mold or rot. There may be no visible evidence.

IMO, Boveda is not meant to do our job of properly drying and curing. Boveda is at it's best when used for long term storage of properly dried and cured bud. Same as the way cigar aficionados use it.

Imaperson

That's my point. It's not the boveda. There's something else going on.

A sour or vinegary flavor is bacterial. There's enough moisture for bacteria but not for mold or rot. There may be no visible evidence.

What do ya think about
Maybe dried quick and rehydrated with boveda?
Cud cause the weird smells or taste

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
What do ya think about
Maybe dried quick and rehydrated with boveda?
Cud cause the weird smells or taste
Patience is a virtue. It is not the destination its a journey! Boveda is there to bring down (slightly, read slightly moist) not re-humidify it. It will keep the jar @ 62% keeping things in balance. e.g currently it is winter here. Humidity is at 23% (common). When you open a jar, ambient air enters said jar. There is no doubt in this mind anyway, that the hygrometer will read lower than 62, by a % or 2 and be at 62% the following day.

drying 7-10 days
curing 6-8 weeks

Dirt Bag

Most growers these days have a flexible reality. Placebo effect rules their daily lives, not reality. Broveda ruins flavor and it's very obvious to real humans with a firm reality.

I see the junk recommended so much, like, damn how can you think it's an improvement or remotely necessary.. Does anyone understand dank anymore? In my experience it turned a delicious UK Cheese into some tasteless vinegary smelling airy poop overnight.

I thought it was just dispensaries growing bullshit these days but looking online it seems everyone has lost the concept of loud sticky delicious dank. Moisture content for a slow burn has become more important than resin content.

Same people who keep their bud with broveda packs use Terpenez for that fake e-cig scent and call it an improvement rather than a ruined tainted harvest. Really shows what kind of garbage they are growing.

Sorry but your growing some really bad product if you use Broveda. Probably hydroponic and pretending moisture content is resin content. They even sell these stupid moisture packs at dispensaries now and people claim it turns dry tasteless unflushed crumble weed into loud sticky dank. Flexible reality of placebo people. Pretty scary honestly. Its ruined quality standards in the southwest.

Your grammar and spelling are as poor as your opinion.

THC123

Veteran
Went to a cannabis expo in Paris, Cannabis Europa and I talked with some producers of swiss CBD herb. They also told me that Boveda influences taste and aroma in a negative way. Boveda contacted them and gave them samples. They tested it and then declined to make orders at boveda for their operation. So I am not the only one. As I see it now, if you want good quality don't use boveda. If you want weed with a perfect moisture content (without skills) then use boveda. I still will do a new documented side by side and post it here as soon as I can grow again. I am not against boveda, I really like the concept. But I also know quality and boveda never gave me quality, it ruined it.

heatherlonglee

The best way to use the Boveda packs is just like the old way basically. You still hang dry in dark room/closet or whatever you use. Next you go to burping process; accept when you close up your jars the Boveda packs are inside. You still burp the jars every 12-24hrs just leave the Boveda pack inside. After burping you can take out Boveda pack and store in fridge or keep Boveda pack with weed for long term storage. If you jar up to soon when the bud is to wet Boveda won't pull the moisture out fast enough. The Boveda packs work better for that last little bit of dampness that only comes out the buds after that going from drying room to jars.

Last edited:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I was using the 62%, but I switched to the 58% due to the 62% getting my nugs to moist. When I switched over it was perfect. I'll never get the 62's again.

OP

I was pretty convinced boveda was meant to be used as a 2-way humidity control,
shouldnt be anything wrong with using them to re-hydrate bud ?