What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So confused. Ready to give up. RAs? Bulb mites? Seed of chunky?

Update w pics

Update w pics

Some background info

RO system ph 5.9-6.2

Feed every third day when the first few inches of the soil feels dry. Gnatix on top of soil.

Not sure if gnats or adult RAs

Leaves curling, dying, starting from the bottom up. I use cal mag too

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Help!!

jackspratt61

You have a Phos deficiency and Ca.Possibly high Na. Clean the trashy undergrowth and give a spinosad treatment per directions. Then feed with low-fat milk (5-1)and a small amount high P fertilizer. Do you have an EC meter?

Thanks for the response. No ec meter. Going to do a strong clean up this week. Anything dead or dying is getting removed.

What does the milk do? Is the 5-1–> five parts milk to every one part water or other way around.

troutman

Seed Whore
Try to keep the pH above 6.2 and like people above said feed phosphorus.

Bat guano and bone meal is good for that.

jackspratt61

Thanks for the response. No ec meter. Going to do a strong clean up this week. Anything dead or dying is getting removed.

What does the milk do? Is the 5-1–> five parts milk to every one part water or other way around.

5 parts water /one part milk...will give you available Calcium and some K. Add the high P fert at about half strength. Cleaning it out will do wonders also. Don't be afraid to let it get dryer between waterings. When it begins to lose some of the dark green leaves and purple or red stems start back with a balanced fertilizer in the 1-2-1 ratio.

5 parts water /one part milk...will give you available Calcium and some K. Add the high P fert at about half strength. Cleaning it out will do wonders also. Don't be afraid to let it get dryer between waterings. When it begins to lose some of the dark green leaves and purple or red stems start back with a balanced fertilizer in the 1-2-1 ratio.

I’ve heard about using milk for PM and just read a bunch of other great benefits of milk. Pretty interesting. Going to look into this. Thanks you man

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Stop the madness

Stop the madness

The only way anyone knows what they doing is by having an EC and pH meter. If you don't have these meters, then you don't know what you are doing, or where you are at the moment. I check Pro Mix discharge regularly from the beginning all the way to the end of my grows. How else would you know when to flush?

I had problems with advance nutes causing higher pH. with drain to waste. Also, I had problems with it during recirculating hydro. I fixed it by changing back to Gen Hydroponics. Since we changed we have not had anymore problems. Our harvest doubled after the switch.

I don't see a bug problem. I see a nute or pH issue!

jackspratt61

I’ve heard about using milk for PM and just read a bunch of other great benefits of milk. Pretty interesting. Going to look into this. Thanks you man

You have a classic problem...the plant does fine while it is able to put out new roots in veg. After stretch this flush of root growth stops because your "mix" is lacking Ca, P with most likely high Na as well as un-balanced metals. Your plant is likely building matter from Na instead of K.That is the burn you are seeing. Also,this "salty" low Ca state attracts insects like a magnet.

You need an EC meter! $150 or so well spent.
You should also test...no other way to know for sure what your mix is doing. Stop guessing if you want your best.
Pro-mix is a low cec medium and lower doses of ferts added more often is the method for using these low cec mixes.
Next round perhaps try finding a quality compost/humus source and add at about 10-15% volume of the total mix.It will help.

St. Phatty

As for my bulbs. Every two runs I replace them. I use hortilux.

I will try to take pics today and update the thread. Thanks guys

Hortilux Eye 1000 watt or something else ?

In early flowering, some plants prefer a higher color temperature, more like Metal Halide or 5000K LED. i.e. more like white sunlight - for the first 1 or 2 weeks of flowering.

Some plants REALLY don't like being in early flowering under an HPS - but they get over it, usually.

frankslan

Those white mites are mould mites they come with worms and other predator mites they are actually used to feed the predator mites.

I had them really bad my first grow ever I was keep my soil to moist and they had a perfect environment they. They dont feed on live plants.

They will go away by just letting the soil dry out

Tyrophagus putrescentiae is a cosmopolitan mite species. Together with the related species T. longior, it is commonly referred to as the mould mite or the cheese mite. The name translates from Greek to something like "putrid cheese eater.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Until we get a pic of the mites in question, there can be no positive identification.
I don't think they are mold mites. Hypoapsis miles is the more likely bug.
Either way, neither of them are harmful to your plants, from what I could tell.

https://hortnews.extension.iastate.edu/mold-mites said:
Life cycle of mold mites

Mold mites only develop where there is moisture or a high humidity. As the name implies, they feed on molds and are common only where mold and fungi can flourish. They have been reported from a large number of items and places but the common characteristic of all infestations is the presence of a high humidity. Infestations have been mentioned in cheese, flour, grain, seeds, bulbs, straw, wallpaper, furniture, dried fruits, cereal foods, bird and small mammal nests and so forth.

frankslan

no they don't hurt plants they feed of decaying matter. He posted a couple photos on the first page. They are clear whitish and look just like mould mite. Im 90 percent sure a better photo would be nice though.

Latest posts

Latest posts