What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Doubt about curing my harvest

Gio88

Hi! almost a month ago I harvested my plant, then I put it in the dark to dry upside down 2 weeks, now it has been two week I put the weed in a jar with a boveda bag with 65% humidity , right now I see the weed is way drier(anyway I harvested around 5 gr so the plant was really small) do you think is it ready to smoke? Because I read a lot of guides but they always say the cure phase can last even months so I don’t know what is the minimum time to have a proper cure of my weed....thanks!

rolandomota

Some smoke it wet lol like my buddy but don't do that lol. You have lots of patience smoke that tiny harvest and start planning for a bigger grow that will last you for a few months

Gio88

Yesterday I tried my weed, it was good but I thought it wasn’t really “strong” at least the effects wasn’t too strong.I don’t know it was due to the plant was a autoflowering(white widow automatic) with a medium thc level or because it was too early to smoke it! Shall I do something to make it stronger like heat it up in my oven ?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If you harvested early there is nothing that can increase potency this time around, though next round taking it later could increase potency and weight.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm saying it is possible.

Not saying it is certain.

After you harvested the potency can't increase.

If you smoke it early it will just burn poorly and taste nasty.

It won't be any more potent if you let it dry further.

Gio88

I'm saying it is possible.

Not saying it is certain.

After you harvested the potency can't increase.

If you smoke it early it will just burn poorly and taste nasty.

It won't be any more potent if you let it dry further.

It has a good taste but the effects weren’t so strong!maybe the curing process should last more days or not?

I

Ignignokt

DO NOT put it in the oven.
There is no time you will ever need to put it in the oven....

Gio88

Someone said to me about a friend who heated up his weed to make resin and re use it on the weed to make it stronger , it seemed absurd (and probably fake)but I asked just in case I missed in all the guides I read about growing marijuana ahaha

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Decarboxylation is to convert THCA into orally active THC....

Which increases the available potency if you would eat it but not if you're smoking it.

Is that what he was talking about?

Or was he making hash oil?

Gio88

Actually I don’t know 🤔 anyway today I tried and the effects were stronger in my opinion ! It as drier even if I don’t know if the effects were stronger because i was more tired or due to the weed! When it’s drier does it become more effective?

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
No, the genetics, the health/conditions, and when you harvest it are the variables that effect potency. Drying and curing effects looks, smell, how it burns, and tastes. The answers in this thread are all good and true.

Those boveda packs kill your terps. Just because you read a guide that says to dry for 2 weeks don’t mean your plant is gonna take 2 weeks to dry. Temp and humidity influence dry times greatly. Potency is determined from how good your genetics are and how well you grow the plant. Drying and curing do not increase potency. Also a boveda pack will not save you from a shitty job.

BerrySeal

No, the genetics, the health/conditions, and when you harvest it are the variables that effect potency. Drying and curing effects looks, smell, how it burns, and tastes. The answers in this thread are all good and true.

Cured is stronger because hot water vapor will pull thc-a into the vapor stream without activating it. Bud with its developed flavors/aromas is much more potent feeling. And arguably the slow conversion of thc-a into thc can improve upon the 0.877 number labs use as a degradation standard for instantly heated Cannabis.

L

larry badiner

just jar them up with boveda, my brother showed me how to cure and i just put a bag vertically in a 16oz mason jar and burp once or twice, and in a month i have smokable product. theres a thread here somewhere

CimbaKat

Should be dry crisp to touch like weed is with some given shouldn't be dust but should break up when smushed in between your thumb and index. You're looking for what weed is like when you smoke it.

Drewsif

Should be dry crisp to touch like weed is with some given shouldn't be dust but should break up when smushed in between your thumb and index. You're looking for what weed is like when you smoke it.

That's the first thing i ask people who are confused about drying. Have you smoked weed before? Too wet and too dry are pretty straight forward.

Latest posts

Latest posts