What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

powder mildew bubble hash?

Bona Fortuna

Does anyone know if PM washes off during extraction?
water/ice hash

I'd recommend binning anything with mold...

You can always bleach to kill the mold, but ruin the product.
Another possibility would be a pure isopropyl wash, but with that I'd worry about the potential of mold living.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
PM can be washed off with H202 at harvest time and before. After harvest, I really have no idea what to do.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Ive done the h202/water bath after chopping before.
Its a lot of work, and i don't have that much peroxide on hand
plus a big enough reservoir to put my branches in
i was thinking of using the bath tub lol
Thanks for the input

I ended up tossing the shit that had the most PM

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PM does not wash, it concentrates right along with the hash.

Anything made with PM will taste like crap.

I'd wash anything you plan on smoking. In edibles it won't hurt you.

therevverend

Veteran
Doesn't the hash have a higher density then the PM? In theory the PM and mold should float and the resin sink. So if you're using bubble bags in ice water you could try to separate the two.

Ice water isn't very good at cleaning stuff. I'm guessing warmer water would work better at getting the dirt and PM off the plant matter. Of course you'll lose terpenes but that's the least of your worries. If you've got a lot of ganja you can experiment with it, try different rinses and temperatures and maybe find one that works. It's all touch and go because PM is hard to get rid of and not something you want to smoke.

Outdoors I've had PM come and go throughout the season. When the temperature gets warm and dry the PM has spread. The UV radiation kills it so it likes the lower shaded parts of the plants. When it gets cold and rainy the PM retreats and disappears from much of the infected area. When it's cloudy and cold and dry the PM spreads some because there's very little UV.

Smart water mixed with potassium bicarbonate has been the best remedy this year doesn't destroy it permanently but cuts it back and stops it from spreading. Leaf stripping has been effective because the PM doesn't like to grow on the buds. I've had to toss some slower leafy bits but almost all the decent size buds have been clean.

Latest posts

Latest posts