What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruitbowl Phenos to Look For?

G

GatorGumbo

I have a 6 pack of fem Fruitbowl I can't wait to get started with. I'm wondering what phenos might be desirable for holding back. I've heard there is Udub in its genetics, but I know nothing about its growth or effects. If anyone has any tips in general for this strain I'd appreciate it.

I'm mostly selecting for end product fruit/citrus aroma and taste, with a secondary focus on potency. However, I'd hate to underestimate a certain expression and throw it out with the bath water.

UncleBens

Ive got 5 fruitbowl and 4 orange sorbets just under a week into flower at the moment. The fruitbowls are all really short and stumpy, slow in veg. Orange sorbet are a bit taller and straighter. Both had big leaves, but the fruitbowls were enormous at one point.
Ill post pics etc when they get going.

G

GatorGumbo

I was looking at Orange Sorbet as well, they both have Udub crosses bred to Mandarina. Sorbet Udub being crossed with Fire OG x Triangle Kush, and Fruitbowl being Fruity Pebbles OG x Udub.

I'm impressed they have worked them to be consistently different in stature and given both are OG-Udub x Mandarina. Would be interesting to see them together, makes me wish I had sprung for both.

G

GatorGumbo

I took mine at 56-58 days of flowering and it was about a week too early, but for anyone that is reading up on this strain in the future I'll contribute what I found out. There was very little variation between all of my plants, all grew with nearly identical Indica-like structure with very similar spacing and leaf sizes. Trichome production and bud size ranged from above average to exceptional, bud interior resin saturation was all average. Bud density was perfect with no need for a grinder. All were medium to heavy feeders. Scents are all a mix of bland citrus rind, pine, sage, Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo, and sweet earth— no floral, gas, skunk, cheese, or haze. The first week or so of flower they all had the loudest skunk smell I've ever smelled.

Overall they were a 10/10 to grow, very refined and stable with no herms or other issues.

Latest posts

Latest posts