What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When harvesting?

Gio88

what do you think? is it time to harvest?

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 20
what do you think? is it time to harvest?

Not just yet...

When you think they're ready, give them another week.

Really... you'll see them swell considerably after the bigger fan leaves yellow and turn. When the buds are good and dense, and all the pistils are shriveled, and resin glands are at LEAST all cloudy, some turning to amber, (on the seed bracts-not the sugar leaves,) you're ready.

If you haven't ever grown this strain before, take one when they're all cloudy and leave the others to mature more.

I did mine in phases last season, and by the end of October, the ones I had left to grow plumped up a LOT. It was worth the wait, even though the buds I harvested earlier were still "good".

They got BETTER though, so patience pays off.

If you really can't wait, pluck some larfy buds, dry them and smoke them.
If the high is kind of racy, they're not ready!

GGNo2

Me personally I would have carried on with the ferts when you first posted. Then flushed for a week or 2.
I look at the resin glands. Yours are still looking upright and proud. I like to crop when my glands are starting to flop.

All this is to personal preference though. I was in a situation with my last crop where I had to take my plants around 2 weeks earlier than I would have liked but I tell you something. It was the best weed floating locally still.

Give them another week.

Gio88

last question (or at least i hope so XD) , next week when leaves will become yellow before harvesting i have to flush another time or not? thanks

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
last question (or at least i hope so XD) , next week when leaves will become yellow before harvesting i have to flush another time or not? thanks

You can if you want to but there are as many opinions on flushing as there are people. I pull all the yellow leaves and flush as needed to keep the plant happy and then stop watering two-three days before harvest.

GGNo2

You can if you want to but there are as many opinions on flushing as there are people. I pull all the yellow leaves and flush as needed to keep the plant happy and then stop watering two-three days before harvest.

Yeah I've only give 1 week of flush before which was one watering basically. Finnished product was still great.
Lots of information on growing is personal preference or just because a famous grower once said.

Gio88

i was thinking...when i's time to harvest is it possible "reusing" leaves i will cut off? the ones with resin i mean

Gio88

it's the only thing i can do? because the plant is small i don't know if i the right quantity to make a canna butter, isn't it smakable? thanks

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't have "flushed" such a small plant in this slightly oversized pot. You just end up killing the root zone when it can't use up the water in one or two days that late in the grow. Just use pure water for simple watering when the pots are light enough to take new water. Oh my...

Gio88

i've just two questions:
1)before harvesting all the leaves have to be yellow and turn? because almost a week has passed and not every leaves have become completely yellow (i mean the smallest ones)...
2)i don't understand how to use leaves cut off , are they smokable (and i have to wait months to be completely dry)?? or they just can be used to do canna butter or something like that?

thanks!!!!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
No leaves don't have to yellow at all for it to be ready. Although some yellowing of larger fan leaves can be a good sign that the plant is naturally stopping eating.. Plants pull back on feeding at the end anyway. You don't really need to flush imo in many situations so long as you aren't pouring nutes into them when there is no point.

You can smoke sugar leaves. They take a couple days to a week to dry but are often quite harsh as they often have higher amounts of residual nutes in. And the tricks get knocked off them quite easily.

And you can make ganja butter with them.. or you can extract them with ethanol or knock the trichs off to make hash or blast them with co2 to get an oil or press them with a rosin press or make bubble hash with bubble bags etc etc etc

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Please visit here and study it a bit.
https://www.growweedeasy.com

Don't get me wrong, growers on ICMag love answering your questions, and love it even more when they see your succeed. But that link would serve you well and answer almost all the questions new growers have. We can clarify anything that is not clear.