What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Commercial Rosin Press

FordSS

ICmag
We are in search for commercial extraction equipment, but cant seem to find the best one, expecting both quality and quantity. We are planning license structure and decided to go with non volatile extractions using Ice, Water, Heat, Pressure.
We've done some research but have yet to find the largest productive press on the market. We're looking for a press with maximum pressure for large production and
Here are some options we've found.

The Sashsquash press
25 ton press.
50" sq. Two Flat heat plates

Pure Pressure with their long peaks press
10 tons press.
18" sq Two long, skinny plates

Access Rosin with The Rosin Machine
30 Ton press.
60" sq. Two cone shaped plates

Has anyone attempted full scale production with one of these presses?

What advise to you have on these three presses?

Are there any other presses which can produce large quantity per press?

We plan to ice water, freeze dry, then rosin press. Finding the right press is important to us. Its a big decision and we want to talk about all the positives and negatives about oil processing or solventless hash making. We plan to produce 14 lbs a week for 52 weeks and process 4-10 lbs a week of trim and small nugs. WpFF live rosin will be the product of choice to produce.

If i have not already, I'll be positing more information and pictures of these presses.

Thanks for the support. Please help us if you may.

FordSS

Access Rosin The Rosin Machine "V2"

Access Rosin The Rosin Machine "V2"

Here is the largest press i can find.
They state they're in research and development stages, but shortly entering into the market. After a long conversation with the developer of the press I'm a bit convinced their method is in the right direction. A press large enough to produce an oil flow which in fact collects together and disperse in a controlled form. It's different than the TRP press from Trimminator which offers a patented tilt method to control the drip, it is still spread out and must collect it together.
Vi8CijoaQa61c6rctyAWXw.jpg

Has anyone used this press for manufacturing?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I think the guys name is Sunflower or something close. The company is elysium research or, again, something close. He used to post here and now his is on IG.

I believe he can provide the guidance you seek regarding commercial pressing.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sunfire and Ozwerth from Elysian Research.

You might look for people who have bought an Access to see if they are happy. To me, without having used it, it's up there with janky crap like the SHO roller and that huge Slug33.

I'd go with Elysian myself.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't seen them in a while but Elesian Research make the absolute best quality presses on this earth.

Last I saw they were pressing 1/4lbs of hash at a time into rosin.
I think they're still on IG.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I now have 6 rosin presses. LMAO It's fucking tough being a manic buyer. LOL

By far, the DabPress units are the best quality and price. Nothing commercial from them yet but as for personal presses $200 to $800 they have the best I have found.

They are coming out with a new model this month. A small personal size press.

This one is my fav....

dabpress-mini-rosin-press-dp-hr10t35-impact-hydraulic-rosin-press_1024x1024.jpg

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmm...

That looks a LOT like the Elisian Research design.
I'm pretty sure they patented the design previous to release so am wondering... WTF!?!?!?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I think everything from Elisian is much larger. Those plates are only 3" x 5".

And, how different can 2 plates and a press look from one another? LOL

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty sure they patented the frame design, after over a year in prototyping and R&D. Pretty sure size isn't part of the patent.
Who knows? I haven't kept up with ER in over a year.
I just hate seeing peoples IP getting trampled on so quickly in the game and the Chinese are good at it.

FordSS

Those are Nice Looking and cheap. Were looking for more of a Facility press. Something that takes the work out of the process.

FordSS

Sunfire and Ozwerth from Elysian Research.

You might look for people who have bought an Access to see if they are happy. To me, without having used it, it's up there with janky crap like the SHO roller and that huge Slug33.

I'd go with Elysian myself.

Agree!, The SHO Roller was a bust. Access Rosin has the largest machine but havent seen it operate at full scale. The concept works, but will it be another SHO Roller? I am in discussion with a rep of theirs. They're out of Los Angeles. Im thinking of setting up a free demo with them, yet they said it will take 28-112 grams to test their press!
Ill keep you guys posted here on my experiences.
Sasquash press does a single plate or one bag with enough pressure.
Triminator does two plates or two bags.
Access Rosin has a press that is saying four plates, four bags so im interested because were looking for production with quality!

Your right, If you havent seen it how do you know if it produces quality. Stay Tune!

thal

I'm in the process of buying the Longs Press from Pure Pressure. I did a demo with them earlier this week and I was impressed. It had an easy to use digital interface that you can program with recipes, IE: strain name, material(flower, kief, hash), etc, time, pressure, and temperature. This allows you to get a strain dialed in and then repeat the same process.

FordSS

I'm in the process of buying the Longs Press from Pure Pressure. I did a demo with them earlier this week and I was impressed. It had an easy to use digital interface that you can program with recipes, IE: strain name, material(flower, kief, hash), etc, time, pressure, and temperature. This allows you to get a strain dialed in and then repeat the same process.

I've seen these. Never used one. We are more interested in the combination of quality and quantity. Pure Pressure seams to only do one bag at a time. Commercial purposes, this doesnt help. They KILL THE GAME in quality videos I do know.

thal

I am getting it for commercial purposes. It's a tight market and I don't want to try and compete with higher quantity but lower quality. I don't think that is a winnable fight in the long run.

With runs taking two or three minutes each I don't see the one bag at a time approach being all that limiting either.

How much material are you looking to run at a time?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bump. Hawking this thread. Never had a good tasting solvent extract. I think this may be what I am looking for. I feel left behind in this area of production. Thanks for everyone participating.

EDIT: Currently thin access and pure pressure rosin presses are probably the best on the market.

I am leaning toward Access for commercial purposes. Going to need to save a lot...

https://accessrosin.com/collections/rosin-press/products/the-rosin-machine-v3-3-hmi-series

Bump. Hawking this thread. Never had a good tasting solvent extract. I think this may be what I am looking for. I feel left behind in this area of production. Thanks for everyone participating.

EDIT: Currently thin access and pure pressure rosin presses are probably the best on the market.

I am leaning toward Access for commercial purposes. Going to need to save a lot...

https://accessrosin.com/collections/rosin-press/products/the-rosin-machine-v3-3-hmi-series

Holy cow. That’s a lot of bucks. Been looking also, not that large of scale though.. one could diy a dual pid 12 ton rig for around $250-400 all said and done.

Dabpress offers the best looking consumer units I’ve found.. stock is about nil at the moment however. Anything else in the <$1000 range worth looking at?

Edit: Dabpress offers a 20 ton 7x7 unit for $1,199 for the guys looking to process more volume.

Last edited:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Purchased a 50 ton press and had 10x24 plates machined to take elements, cost about $3500. We got where we could sift and press 60 or so pounds of dry flower every two days

Attachments

• 35471B50-3998-4551-8C9A-98A1A8F7F6AA.jpg
    35471B50-3998-4551-8C9A-98A1A8F7F6AA.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 49C7AC42-32A2-489E-BEF0-56B143E4310F.jpg
    49C7AC42-32A2-489E-BEF0-56B143E4310F.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 1EB78859-3B94-4FA7-BF6C-9E94623952B4.jpg
    1EB78859-3B94-4FA7-BF6C-9E94623952B4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Latest posts