What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12 weeks of 12-12. To harvest or not?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
It will be 12 weeks of 12-12 on the 18th of august. Should i harvest then or wait longer. These are from bagseed so im not sure when to hsavrst. Im looking to get a energetic high.
I dont have a macro loop to look at the trich color. I wanted there Calyx swell a little more but I don't know if thats gunna happen at this point. Plus i still have to flush out all the bloom nuts in the soil before harvest.

Attachments

• 20180815_155442.jpg
    20180815_155442.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180815_155422.jpg
    20180815_155422.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180815_155205.jpg
    20180815_155205.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180815_155131.jpg
    20180815_155131.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20180815_154827.jpg
    20180815_154827.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 33

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
A few more pix.

Attachments

• 20180815_155317.jpg
    20180815_155317.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180815_155219.jpg
    20180815_155219.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180815_154714.jpg
    20180815_154714.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 34

Satyros

Why not take a wee little snip and sample it? Quick dry "microwave method" seems to be a decent way that leaves it somewhat pliable.

I never picked such a thing with white pistils, but all my bagseeds were indica.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm all about jewlers louping those trichomes. I also haven't ever harvested anything still throwing that many white pistils. Doesn't that mean you are still putting on bud weight?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I would think that means they are still packing on the waight. I think i just need to buy a jewlers for the long term.

al70

Veteran
They look lovely but they need another 10 days or so, start flushing now, goodluck.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Do not be in a rush. Give them another 2 weeks or so. Wait until the plant stops throwing out white pistils then harvest.

Dirt Bag

Why not take a wee little snip and sample it? Quick dry "microwave method" seems to be a decent way that leaves it somewhat pliable.

I never picked such a thing with white pistils, but all my bagseeds were indica.

Why not? Because:
1) microwaved cannabis will not produce the same high as air drying.
2) microwaved cannabis tastes like shit.
3)microwaves ruin cannabis.

The buds pictured are not ready IMHO. A general rule to follow is to wait for almost all pistils to recede and wither. Like all of them except for maybe 1 or 2 at the very top of the buds.
You don't need a loupe to see trichome color, just good lighting and perhaps a magnifying glass or high power reading glasses. If you watch closely you can see the change from clear to cloudy.

maimunji

What about temperature in your grow room. I found plants constantly poped new pistils if temps is high and they will never finish this way.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always harvest by trichome amber percentage. Anything else is guessing.

12 weeks of 12/12... from seed??

Good question. That's what I was thinking too, but the OP said "12 weeks of 12-12". Was there a veg period, or did you start out with 12-12 from Day 1?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Spread them buds apart and look around and smell for dead tissue,
do the yellowing fan leaves pluck easily.

Also has the feed rate decreased, the pots stay wetter longer, I wonder.

Looks close, and has been mentioned, another week to ten
days could produce the maturity potential.

Good thread.

Cork144

funny story, microwaved fresh weed once, it flew up into the air and exploded like some sort of big bang, I honestly sat there stoned thinking I was god and created the universe through being lazy as f

DenverJim

If its from Mexican bag seed i'd lower the 12hr of light to 10 for a week or so. I just harvied some haze/skunk that flowered 12hrs for 2wks 11.5 for 4 weeks 11hrs for 6 weeks and 10.5 for from 2wks to 4 weeks. the last one I put in a dark tent for 2 days on order for it to just have a few white pistals. when working with tropical sativas if the plant has any nitrogen it will flower forever. Read the ultimate sativa thread that's where I am learning how to grow them.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What about temperature in your grow room. I found plants constantly poped new pistils if temps is high and they will never finish this way.
I have no idea, I've been flowering super sticky cannabis at low RH and low temps for years now.

Cvh

Supermod
Indeed patience. Let it go for several more weeks. Even up to 2-3 weeks more.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Spread them buds apart and look around and smell for dead tissue,
do the yellowing fan leaves pluck easily.

Also has the feed rate decreased, the pots stay wetter longer, I wonder.

Looks close, and has been mentioned, another week to ten
days could produce the maturity potential.

Good thread.
The fan leaves have all fallen off and the little leaves around the buds are starting to die off as well.
I wanted them to flower to their full potential. It feels like the flowers will ripen more but not fattening up anymore.

To answer the other question it is 12 weeks from start of the 12 hour light cycle and there was a veg time.

Temperatures the hi 80 degrees.

And I have never microwaved any of my flowers and I'm definitely never going to start in the future I like my flower hung and dryed the old-fashioned way.

Latest posts

Latest posts