What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Backyard Greenhouse 2017

stinky

So hey there this is my second greenhouse grow this year. I got a spring harvest off.... timed it just a little bit off as they were still flowering in May...

Last year when I grew in this greenhouse the plants got so big I had to crawl around on the floor... not good for one with back and spine issues.

So I made some wooden beds and kind of dug down into the ground for my walkways. Now I am able to work with the plants very easily!

Pretty much the only reason I grow in a greenhouse is because of those dam with moths and the cats they bring.... I just cant see spending all that time growing a plant outside only to have it destroyed by bugs....

I had Zero and I mean Zero problems with any cats lats year or this year. I did have one plant in the greenhouse get some spider mites but SM90 quickly took care of that issue. I don't ever spray anything on the plant once it goes into flower... https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68339&pictureid=1782947

stinky

I did increase the air flow into the greenhouse this year. I have one square box fan for inlet fresh air and one for exhaust outlet air. I also have a small blower fan on exhaust, and I have two other fans blowing air over the tops of the canopy...

I had both of the square fans blowing air out of the greenhouse at first but I had a slight condensation issue inside the greenhouse poly in the early am....

I did two things and I am really not sure witch one helped or if they both did. I turned one of the box fans inward so now we have outside air temp coming in. I also took some of the mesh screening I have on the sides of the greenhouse and I put a one foot by three foot section on the ridge of the greenhouse.

So my thinking was there is condensation because the temperature difference between the outside air and greenhouse air... so bringing in the outside temp and venting the top a little did the trick. I have zero moisture up there now....

So..... slowly I am getting to where I want to be... a controlled environment outside with free sunlight.

I have another 30 days I think to go for the plants in the greenhouse... somewhere around there....

I also have 20 clones from these strains in 3 gallon root pouches... they should be nice and big for round three next month.... I have these in wagons and bring them in the garage each night for their extra daylight hours... then back outside in the backyard they go...until next month they get put in the greenhouse...

I am hoping for a third harvest this year but we will see what happens. It doesn't get very cold here in socal but I have a old smoker that I thought might work well if I do in fact have to heat the greenhouse... don't think I will have to though...

And.... sorry about the crappy pictures they were taken with a disposable crap phone.... with a haze.... haha.:tiphat:

stinky

very nice stinky what are you running in there?

Hey there Noonin NorCal...

I have...

Two phenos of Dank Sinatra. One is kind of branchy and produces lots of tight flowers... the other is a very INDICA looking plant with really thick branches like trees. Very stoney medicine...

Then I have three different phenos of Snow Lotus x Gogi BX2 that were freebies I got from Bodhi...

Two of the phenos are purple and produce some of the best medicine I have had to date.... I am 51...

Now I cant smell AT ALL... It makes growing cannabis kind of hard. I mean I have to get the wife and kid to come out and rum them down and explain the smell to me....haha

Anyways those two purple phenos they say smell like gas or something... They turn their nose up and are kind of like THATS really smelly!

So those two purple and then their is a green pheno of that strain...all very very good medicine.

Then I have a Dream Beaver that is just freeking outstanding. I need to get a better camera as the buds on the plant are some of the biggest I have ever grown. Very very sticky and covered in trichs..

Then we have some Black Destroyer? Black Domina x AK47 I think.... these produce a bunch of tops that are just loaded with sticky resin... very good hash producer....

Oh..... and we had a volunteer this summer that just popped up. I think it is apothecary chem 91....

And.... I have a Deadhead OG also... forgot about that one....

stinky

The Black Destroyer and the deadhead OG were some of the last fem seeds I owned. I would like to be able to make my own seeds so ditched the fem seeds and just get regs now...

I have to say the Bohdi strains are some of the best medicine I have had to date... I am pretty impressed and if anybody has any favorites from this breeder please chime in...

stinky

I think this was right around the middle of June maybe..... going to get my shit together one of these days and start taking notes! haha.

These are revegging from the spring run....

stinky

People talk about security and neighbors and smell...

We have lived here in this home for over 25 years and so have both neighbors of mine.

Over the years my neighbors saw me carted off in ambulances many times due to seizures and other medical issues related to the Hell that is prescription opiates....

I have mentioned this before but my doctors tried to kill me with opiates... haha for over 12 years. Of course it was my decision to take the meds but after a while it kind of becomes another thing entirely....

It's been about a year and a half since I decided to change my life and give up all that shit. It was not easy.... but I have found there is a great sense of accomplishment when you go through something like that. Hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life...

Anyways my neighbors are cool and totally understand me smoking hash all day and night....hahah

As far as security we have four dogs.... a blue nosed pit bull, alaskan malamute, australian shepherd, and a chihuahua.

Now those dogs will deter anyone from coming into our space. The UPS guy stands in the front yard and Throws our packages onto the porch. Our pit bull is quite menacing.... BUT that is not the real security we have....

Love the wife.... Highschool sweetharts we were and I used to walk her home from school.... We are going on 29 years together.... love that woman....

But.... menopause is a cruel mistress and GOD HELP anyone who dares to enter this domicile without her express permission...

YOU have been warned...

:)

Last edited:

stinky

Why thank you :tiphat: belivitez!

Top dress dry amendments and just water in... easy peasy...

Lets hope harvest comes off ok and the new clones are ready to go into the greenhouse....

I like gardening so much..... I want to be a real farmer and grow some food... :)

stinky

Thanks WaxyTaxi! :dance013:

I will make sure to secure a decent phone or camera for the end game... those first photos posted were pretty grim. :moon:

I only heard of no-till a couple years ago as I was not growing for a while and not on these fourms.. so I have kind of adopted that growing style but am always looking to learn more...

I Love Gardening...:yay::yay:

In my beds in the greenhouse I have native backyard soil, malibu compost, worm castings, worms, 1 year old mulch/bark I composted, dolomite lime, mushroom compost, assorted Down To Earth and Dr. Earth dry amendments...

I had a small spider-mite problem in veg on one plant and SM-90 worked very, very well to eliminate this problem. It also seems to make your roots grow profusely..

Thanks for looking you guys!

Any advice is appreciated!

X

xweed420

hey stinky can u tell me what opiates meds they give u?u got some killer plants in there man keep going

Latest posts

Latest posts