What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

greenbroz dry timmer

Flyontoast: it shouldn't ruin buds at all if they are used correctly. A aa bud should still be an aa bud. Trim machines don't replace human trimmers, they make the trimmers job way easier. The bud still needs to be prepped for the machine and then touched up after. If there is leaf left on the bud or in the bag, the trimmer doing touch up missed it.
If the buds are smaller then usual, it's probably machine operator error.
Some strains come out needing almost zero touch up. Some come out needing a bit. Its the machine operator that needs to make a judgement call and pull it out even if there is leaf left on it because of it keeps going it will look shaved, trichomes will fall off, or will be broken down to smalls ( if running with the blade).

Gotnoname: my machine was a rental that i bought used. It was a few years old and had thousands of lbs ran through it before i got it. Trim pals are pretty nice though. Why don't you like it
Oh thanks for that clarification. So if it's not ruining buds, why do you call so many trim machines useless? Because they are a pain in the ass to operate and clean properly?

CrushnYuba

It is because they DO ruin buds. There are allot of very different machines out there. Machines like the greenbroz chop your weed up and hardly trim anything off.
There are a handful machines that are good, but even they can ruin your weed if not in the hands off a skilled operator. Others suck no matter what and there is no method you can prefect.

Having decent results w 215 greenbroz. Extensive prep work removing stems, fans, and smalls makes easy work of my large Zkittle buds in just 6 min . No brush used and only filling w 1/2 lb or so. Cali likes the slightly shaved rounded off buds it seems .

p0opstlnksal0t

Ya I've had better results on my greenbroz with extensive prep as well. If you're not hovering over it the entire time hand manipulating the Bud mounds and constantly flipping from forwards to reverse the trimming will be horrible. I think I may hang onto it and run a triminator in parallel with it to see which I like better. I'm still getting buds turned into Smalls, I'll have to try it without the brush

gotnoname

Flyontoast: it shouldn't ruin buds at all if they are used correctly. A aa bud should still be an aa bud. Trim machines don't replace human trimmers, they make the trimmers job way easier. The bud still needs to be prepped for the machine and then touched up after. If there is leaf left on the bud or in the bag, the trimmer doing touch up missed it.
If the buds are smaller then usual, it's probably machine operator error.
Some strains come out needing almost zero touch up. Some come out needing a bit. Its the machine operator that needs to make a judgement call and pull it out even if there is leaf left on it because of it keeps going it will look shaved, trichomes will fall off, or will be broken down to smalls ( if running with the blade).

Gotnoname: my machine was a rental that i bought used. It was a few years old and had thousands of lbs ran through it before i got it. Trim pals are pretty nice though. Why don't you like it

I love them, but I was looking to try something different since I need more machines to process my buds.. But I guess I will stick to trimpal...how long do you usually run it for and how much do you put ?

p0opstlnksal0t

I've not heard good things about the mini triminator. Is the mini a different animal than the standard sized one? I'm on the fence about this greenbroz I have.... With very detailed pre trimming setup I can get a decent end product but it's still busting bigger buds down to smalls

CrushnYuba

It's a very different animal. The mini is pretty useless. You would think it could do the same as the full size, just on a smaller scale. But it just isn't big enough to rotate the buds and get a decent tumble. Those blades on the green broz are always going to crunch your buds to smalls. I do like the brush idea on the green broz. Just poorly executed. There are concave curves of bud that can't get trimmed in a tumbler barrel. The only clean up that happens on the concave curve is another bud tumbling in that curve and maybe the leaf will break. I do feel like there may be some sort of brush machine or attachment for a tumbler that could work in the future.
if insteadof using the rotating blade on a green broz, there was just a solid wheel to pass it through the brush, it might be good for bud with concave curves.

Gotnoname: how much i put in and how long i run is dependant on strain. 3-4 minutes. I try to run it with all the fan leaf on, 3/4 full, with no blade, for 3 min if i can. Some strains work better then others. The blade on the triminator and trim pal won't break buds down like a green broz will because the slots are so much smaller, but they still do a little so i try not to use it. You don't really need the blade. The leaf gets caught in the slots in the barrel and crack. The more you put in the machine, the less exposure to the slots in the barrel it gets. But allot of the time the leaf cracks from just rolling on other buds.

If it doesn't work at 3/4 full within 3-4 minutes, i try filling it with less. As little as 1/4 full. If that doesn't work, i remove the fan leaf or run it with the blade. Removing fans takes labor. The blade Will pull off stubborn fans that wouldn't come off without it. But risks breaking bud down. The blade isn't Sharp. It's not meant to slice. It's meant to pluck.

Reviving and old thread,

I have 2x triminators and it ate up a lot of bud.
I found a greenbroz 420 used (Funny how many people in commercial are selling the machine "just got it, works great" going back to processing crew.

So my thing is this, My nuggets are perfectly round balls.
No GG4 at all, and my nuggets are HUGE tops. Im busting them down before and taking stems off.

the greenbroz 420 is $5K used and I can get it tomorrow in my own dang town!

Latest posts

Latest posts