What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

greenbroz dry timmer

icdog

Has anyone used one? I'm looking at one but can't seem much difference in the general method compared to a salad bowl trimmer, other then amount.

calisun

ive seen the greenbroz 215 in action and I thought it was one of the best dry trimmers I've seen so far.
pros
good finished product

able to work on buds being trimmed as the machine is on( touching up cutting stems and missed petioles in the bucking process.

easy to clean

has a gentler tumbler than most others
imho

p0opstlnksal0t

thanks, yes ive seen some vids and scoured the icmag,riu and ********* for reviews is seeing about 75% happy, another 25% not happy. i guess it would need to be dialed in as far as RH of buds being processed and the chance of cola tops getting chopped off are there.

mack 10

Veteran
If you have super fire herb
You will definitely lose some heads.
It's up to you if the tossup between work rate v quality?
Depends on a few factor's.
Ie,. If you have over 100 pounds to trim
Or ?

As said above this GB unit is one of the more gentle trimmers.
And you can use your trim after.

CrushnYuba

Garbage. The demo looked good. The concept seemed good. I thought out would be more delicate and i would lose less trichomes. Now outs in the pile of gimicky machines.

For one, it doesn't clean it up enough. The brush probably takes more off then the blades when material is dry enough. For 2, the stem that protrudes out of the base gets clipped and it breaks down all your bud to smalls. For 3, it's difficult to clean and hash builds up way fast between the two steel blades. The hash build up pushes the 2 blades apart and it starts to eat your nug. And last but not least, it's damnnnn slow.

Aint no way around using a tumble type trimmer. It's all in how you prep for the machine, and getting perfect level of moisture. Slightly moist inside, crispy outer leaf.
I'm currently using a tumbler with the blade OFF. Run it for 3-4 minutes. Touch up by hand. An unskilled trimmer can touch up lbs in an hour. It looks add good or better then straight hand trim. It does take a minute to getting the process down but once you get It, you Will never go back to hand trim.

CrushnYuba

1104181937-1.jpg

This is what a typical bud looks like after a tumble machine trim. This one did not go in ideally prepped. See those leaf stems? That's what needs to be snipped by hand after the tumble. This was ran with NO BLADE.

p0opstlnksal0t

This is what a typical bud looks like after a tumble machine trim. This one did not go in ideally prepped. See those leaf stems? That's what needs to be snipped by hand after the tumble. This was ran with NO BLADE.

is that a dry tumble trim? what machine is that?

p0opstlnksal0t

Garbage. The demo looked good. The concept seemed good. I thought out would be more delicate and i would lose less trichomes. Now outs in the pile of gimicky machines.

For one, it doesn't clean it up enough. The brush probably takes more off then the blades when material is dry enough. For 2, the stem that protrudes out of the base gets clipped and it breaks down all your bud to smalls. For 3, it's difficult to clean and hash builds up way fast between the two steel blades. The hash build up pushes the 2 blades apart and it starts to eat your nug. And last but not least, it's damnnnn slow.

Aint no way around using a tumble type trimmer. It's all in how you prep for the machine, and getting perfect level of moisture. Slightly moist inside, crispy outer leaf.
I'm currently using a tumbler with the blade OFF. Run it for 3-4 minutes. Touch up by hand. An unskilled trimmer can touch up lbs in an hour. It looks add good or better then straight hand trim. It does take a minute to getting the process down but once you get It, you Will never go back to hand trim.

I bought this greenbroz machine as well and honestly i have all of the same problems!

it doesn't clean it up enough.
Ive found this to be accurate, i spend the entire time hovering over the machine and picking each bud out and hand trimming as the machine works. 30-50% of my GG4 nugs has leaf that was malleable like thin silk. this machine will not remove these type of leaves and i had to hand trim them all.

The brush probably takes more off then the blades when material is dry enough.
the brush doesnt work as id hoped. if yo leave it loose it basically doesnt do much but brush trichomes off. if you tighten it to a fixed position that gently touchs the blades the nugs cake up behind it and the buds get demolished to smalls.

For 2, the stem that protrudes out of the base gets clipped and it breaks down all your bud to smalls.
Ive notice the slight protruding stems get chewed up vs cut and it does help to break up "colas" or nugs into little smalls.

For 3, it's difficult to clean and hash builds up way fast between the two steel blades. The hash build up pushes the 2 blades apart and it starts to eat your nug.
YES! my gg4 and other high frost strains cake the blades up far quicker than it takes the machine to clean up the trimming. after every 10 mins im pulling the machine apart to scrape the resin from both base blade and rotating blade then sweeping out the interior this essentially turns every 1/2 lb 10-15 minute run into a 30 minute run + cleaning. i was definitely hoping for a better trimmed product.

CrushnYuba

is that a dry tumble trim? what machine is that?

That nug is the triminator. Trim pal does a good job also. The thing that the triminator has over the Trim pal is that it's a longer thinner barrel.
The Trim pal is kind of short and fat, so when it tumbles, it's not as gentle. It drops when it tumbles instead of just rolling with the same amount of flower in it.

Gg4 does great in the triminator. One of the easiest clean ups after machining so far. It's so sticky that it doesn't crumble tumbling even if you miss your moisture sweet spot. Really the way dry machines work, is the leaf crumbles off. None of the machines Really do much snipping. The idea is to get it right at that moisture sweet spot.
You know when you have weed hanging on the dry line, and the outside leaf is crumbly, but if you put out in a sealed tote, the inside moisture comes out and the whole thing is soft again? That's how you want it. Dry outer leaf, slightly moist inside.

There are wood floor moisture meters that are great for weed processing. They measure the moisture content of anything you put it against. Triminator even sells one that they slapped their logo on.

calisun

After using the greenbroz for a while now I have to say it's not as good as I thought on my initial test. It crunches too many buds no matter the dryness or resin amount. Jager did pretty well in it. Just not as gentle as I thought. It does save a lot of time. It takes me about two hrs to touch up a lb after it goes through. If you have a lot of herb it's probably worth it. It's a greenbroz 215 if anyone is looking for one

p0opstlnksal0t

That nug is the triminator. Trim pal does a good job also. The thing that the triminator has over the Trim pal is that it's a longer thinner barrel.
The Trim pal is kind of short and fat, so when it tumbles, it's not as gentle. It drops when it tumbles instead of just rolling with the same amount of flower in it.

Gg4 does great in the triminator. One of the easiest clean ups after machining so far. It's so sticky that it doesn't crumble tumbling even if you miss your moisture sweet spot. Really the way dry machines work, is the leaf crumbles off. None of the machines Really do much snipping. The idea is to get it right at that moisture sweet spot.
You know when you have weed hanging on the dry line, and the outside leaf is crumbly, but if you put out in a sealed tote, the inside moisture comes out and the whole thing is soft again? That's how you want it. Dry outer leaf, slightly moist inside.

There are wood floor moisture meters that are great for weed processing. They measure the moisture content of anything you put it against. Triminator even sells one that they slapped their logo on.

So your vote is for the triminator dry this greenbroz 215 turned all my gg4 into Captain Crunch sized nuggets

CrushnYuba

I like the triminator best.

I lost so much damn weed to machines. It's so depressing to think about. Garbage bags full off captain crunch nugs.

CrushnYuba

God yess. That website you linked to is selling it for 10k also! Lol.
My buddy has an identical one but his was less then 500$. It's in the pile of unusable trimmers. Its really nothing like the greenbroz though.

I am so sad to hear that many of the trim machines are shit. All the big Canadian licensed cultivators use them. I just saw/smoked 3 different licensed Canadian suppliers last night and it was all shit B and C grade bud. Super tiny buds, some still had huge sugar(less) leaves sticking out, and one package had a piece of straight-up loose fan leaf in the package!

How badly do these trimmers ruin the buds? Are you thinking you have AA bud and it brings it down to B or C? Or we talking AA bud that's now A in your opinion?

If you can sell the keif for even more than the bud, from an economic perspective, isn't it worth taking a lot less for the $/g of flower and then get a good price on the keif? I've read/heard people say that 1 day trimming with the machine produces enough keif to pay for the machine. Which is why I am curious how low value the buds become.

gotnoname

@crushinyuba

Currently using a canadian trimpal copy (procut dry xl )but would like to try trimininator.. Is there anyway to order without paying retail price ?

CrushnYuba

Flyontoast: it shouldn't ruin buds at all if they are used correctly. A aa bud should still be an aa bud. Trim machines don't replace human trimmers, they make the trimmers job way easier. The bud still needs to be prepped for the machine and then touched up after. If there is leaf left on the bud or in the bag, the trimmer doing touch up missed it.
If the buds are smaller then usual, it's probably machine operator error.
Some strains come out needing almost zero touch up. Some come out needing a bit. Its the machine operator that needs to make a judgement call and pull it out even if there is leaf left on it because of it keeps going it will look shaved, trichomes will fall off, or will be broken down to smalls ( if running with the blade).

Gotnoname: my machine was a rental that i bought used. It was a few years old and had thousands of lbs ran through it before i got it. Trim pals are pretty nice though. Why don't you like it

Latest posts

Latest posts