What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

electric Bud Trimmer <300USD review thread

N

noyd666

looks the same trim pro is 1700 lol down here, other is 1200.
picture.php
picture.php

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Does anyone have experience with the bud trimmers that look like salad spinners???

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I looked at a couple YT vids, looks like the buds have to be off the stem, to me that means hand job first any way.:moon:. With this beauty you'd probably have to finish trim them any way.. we'll see.

DunHav`nFun

$159.. because GT is right.. 4 plants, going to finish trim them anyway.. but another experience behind me..
The trimmer GT made a comment on was the speedeetrim with the link to youtube he provided in his post and not the Chinese TrimPro knockoff Snook....but again...

I find it hard to understand someone that has absolutely zero experience trimming larger quantities of product , yet bases their opinion on a 30 second clip on youtube that was with the dry trim attachment btw , and still looked pretty efficient to me....regardless....

My guy talked about using drum trimmers and how they smeared chlorophyll all over the nugs as the blades cut excess foliage , and that finished product did in fact smell and taste less desirable for market in Medville for the dispensaries and Collectives , but I digress....

The video I watched was with the double sided "butterfly" blades and what my buddy did over the span of an hr was as stated earlier....amazing....and hey....

I`m not hyping a product.....I`m merely stating what I saw at an invite only site from a loooong time close grower friend that showed us in time lapse what he trimmed with said unit in right at an hr......and it ALL looked hand trimmed to me....and lastly.....

I only came here to tell Noyd about another option that was a good alternative compared to what Snook just posted ....Chinese knock off bullshit gets used way too much by folks tryin to save money since our lil hobby ain`t cheap...anyways......

No mas from me....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
The trimmer GT made a comment on was the speedeetrim with the link to youtube he provided in his post and not the Chinese TrimPro knockoff Snook....but again...

I find it hard to understand someone that has absolutely zero experience trimming larger quantities of product , yet bases their opinion on a 30 second clip on youtube that was with the dry trim attachment btw , and still looked pretty efficient to me....regardless....

My guy talked about using drum trimmers and how they smeared chlorophyll all over the nugs as the blades cut excess foliage , and that finished product did in fact smell and taste less desirable for market in Medville for the dispensaries and Collectives , but I digress....

The video I watched was with the double sided "butterfly" blades and what my buddy did over the span of an hr was as stated earlier....amazing....and hey....

I`m not hyping a product.....I`m merely stating what I saw at an invite only site from a loooong time close grower friend that showed us in time lapse what he trimmed with said unit in right at an hr......and it ALL looked hand trimmed to me....and lastly.....

I only came here to tell Noyd about another option that was a good alternative compared to what Snook just posted ....Chinese knock off bullshit gets used way too much by folks tryin to save money since our lil hobby ain`t cheap...anyways......

No mas from me....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....
I'ma cheap bastard when it comes to new concepts and will usually go middle of the road in the beginning .. I get the first hand knowledge aspect.. let it go brother, its all good...

tech1234

So more tinkering and modding and this is become more useful than I originally stated. Mostly to just de-fan before twister. mods require: remove top grate and replace with thin wire grill grate.(bigger openings. works way better but is dangerous because fingers fit too)

Also added a box fan (grilles removed) below the existing fan. helps suction tremendously

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
So more tinkering and modding and this is become more useful than I originally stated. Mostly to just de-fan before twister. mods require: remove top grate and replace with thin wire grill grate.(bigger openings. works way better but is dangerous because fingers fit too)

Also added a box fan (grilles removed) below the existing fan. helps suction tremendously
:tiphat::tiphat:

how does the original bag work collecting the cuttings?
"thin wire grill grate" only have half a picture in my mind, you have a pic to post?
EDIT: Might the box fan alone have been enough to improve its performance?

tech1234

i just made a hack job bag out of a large piece of "filter fabric". the kind for landscaping. its works great. just folded it up and wrapped a large bungee cord around the housing

works boss :biggrin:

BrainSellz

Veteran
Does anyone have experience with the bud trimmers that look like salad spinners???

Yes, years ago and it wasn't a good experience. The fingers are really heavy on the buds and pretty much destroyed them. Between the grill and the "fingers" there wasn't much resin left around the bud at all. Not much smell in the bag afterward either. However I have seen some that have thinner "fingers" but have not and will not attempt another go. I would not suggest one.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I've been using one for 3 yrs now. 19" clear top. I use the wire blades, NOT the knife blade type. Imo, the wire blades work a lot better. The knife blade tears up the buds dramatically vs the wire blades.

Anyone else use the china made trim pro knock off lately? Seems a mixed bag of opinions. I'm looking at 4 pounds usually, one guy all by hand. My trim quality is much better than most around here which leaves me to believe most commercial guys are using some type of machine. I could spend 48 man hours hand trimming 4 pounds. It's mostly the hand and neck pain that get to you after a couple days.

I'm trying to come up with a cost effective solution like most small scale growers i can't justify $10,000 for the latest self cleaning rotary drum trimmer. Are the rotary drum/sheerline type really that much better than the fan/trimpro model? Any commercial or medical guys know the answer?

Anyone else experience the $200 fan model trim/pro knock off? Should i go this road (only doing 4 units at a time) or am i better off putting $200 towards a triminator/ sheerline/ twister?

Last edited:

DemonTrich

Veteran
I used a spin pro knock off for 3+yrs. Worked great. Now I use a twister t4. Start to finish in 5 hrs vs 3 days.

thanks DT and whats the biggest difference between the 2. Would yo say it night and day? 5 hrs in the twister = 3 days by hand? or 3 day with spin pro knock off? Would love more of your insight. The twister sure does look like a nice machine i wish i could shell out the money for one.

DemonTrich

Veteran
You can't compare a spin pro to a t4. That's like trying to compare a bugatti veyrons (1.5 million dollar car) to a Yugo (8k).

Latest posts

Latest posts