What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

electric Bud Trimmer <300USD review thread

biobizz

After searching carefully I didn´t find any review about cheap trimpro workstations or anything like that..

As the original trimpro is way to overpriced (here its 1500€) i´ll go for china made.. these units selling pritty good on ebay. the first vendor i asked, answered "we are sorry to tell u it´s sold out!

I want to order a Trimmer Table with a fan sucking in/cutting the leafs. the fan comes with mounted blades on it and a grid on top of the table where u put the buds on. there is a meshbag under the table to catch most of the cut material in it. u just move a bud over the table/grid and turn it..watch a vid if u don´t know it.

i am thinking i get one from ebay for 145usd like that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-ELECTRIC...BLADE-REMOVER-TRIM-TABLE-REAPER-/252247247463

I believe some of the leaf parts may shot/fly arround in the room when u use it. There are some demo videos on youtube. But all in all it´s quiet and it´s better than getting an hurt hand/tenosynovitis from cutting like mad..

it comes with extra blades and i read somewhere u should allways use some
PAM Original Cooking Spray

to prevent your blades from sticking up too much no matter what machine u are useing. also i would suggest to use isopropanol alcohol to clean the blades after work.

Please no comments like hand-trimmed is the only/best method..-we all know that!

after i hurt my hand i can´t even use a gamepad for longer than one hour without serious pain

- so don´t explain how u love to trim your buds -

this thread is for people interessted in buying an effordable electric device, no matter why, there are many reasons for.

So i found different other devices i will list here to make a actual overview

Bonsaihero or Testarossa electric scissor hand device
http://www.bonsaihero.com/index.php/testarossa

looks like this unit is available for many years and there are some demo videos on yt too. it cost arround 300
usd

Rotor Spin Bud Trim Reaper- Automatic Trimmer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-LEAF-TRI...-PRECIOUS-TRIMS-STAINLESS-STEEL-/281984304367

Automatic valve, fill & spill technology for easy emptying for arround 300usd

it´s too big for me but as long as the motor don´t brake after a view sessions it´s way cheaper than the original for 2000

I will update/ review as soon i´ve tested my device. hope someone is interessted or u share your review with us

biobizz

ok i found some reviews on amazon about the chines models...hmm some say after fine tuning it works but a lot of people are very unpleased

I don't know about the china made ones, i really don't trust them.

I can put in my input for a trim pro automatic tho. I used this back in 07 and it really works well. Reliable machine. But one thing, its very loud. The mesh bag at the bottom isn't micron enough and you'll have small leaf bits everywhere. but all in all I loved the trim pro and plan on buying it again. But i could be wrong but when i bought the trim pro back in 07 i don't think it was 3100 i think they ran the price up on it because it worked too well.

biobizz

i ordered the bonsaihero/ Testarossa from Dutch Inventor for 130€
i will post review here IF i receive it. (it´s a strange customer handling..whatever i let u know after testing)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
After searching carefully I didn´t find any review about cheap trimpro workstations or anything like that..

As the original trimpro is way to overpriced (here its 1500€) i´ll go for china made.. these units selling pritty good on ebay. the first vendor i asked, answered "we are sorry to tell u it´s sold out!

This ebay link is sold out too.

i am thinking i get one from ebay for 145usd like that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-ELECTRIC...BLADE-REMOVER-TRIM-TABLE-REAPER-/252247247463

Can you tell s the brand name?< Nevermind: VEVOR

DemonTrich

Veteran
After looking at the youtube vids of the trim pro work station, I'd run far far far away. I use a spin pro knock off 19" hand crank model and absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Nice thread man, right in time before outdoor.
Saved me some serious cash, I don't really care if it breaks after one season. 160 is a steal.
:respect:

R

Robrites

Isn't the kief going to blow through the holes in the bag? Also, do you trim with the weed wet or dry?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Isn't the kief going to blow through the holes in the bag? Also, do you trim with the weed wet or dry?
The vids & reports ive read say bucket of water, dunk the cola and go.. cold water I guess if it makes a difference.. kief go away?!? how does the $7K one do it w/o blow away the dust?

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor

Some models specify to use for wet or dry bud.
I've seen people use them for both, But it would depend on the model.
This $160 dollar one probably would work best with fresh cut material.
The specs on the bag just say "mesh", so most likley you're correct.
Replace the bag with a 25 micron, 10 gallon bubble bag. A cheap one will be about a 20$ upgrade.
Haven't tried this, but I will and fill you in on how well it works.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Some models specify to use for wet or dry bud.
I've seen people use them for both, But it would depend on the model.
This $160 dollar one probably would work best with fresh cut material.
The specs on the bag just say "mesh", so most likley you're correct.
Replace the bag with a 25 micron, 10 gallon bubble bag. A cheap one will be about a 20$ upgrade.
Haven't tried this, but I will and fill you in on how well it works.
thinking ahead, P, have you done this? I'd think the 25 micron bag, although a good idea and i'll look/think about it more for the next coupla days, do you think the 25m restriction would inhibit the sucking force of the fan pulling the leaves into the blades? AND... if the colas are wet would that inhibit flying trics?

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
thinking ahead, P, have you done this? I'd think the 25 micron bag, although a good idea and i'll look/think about it more for the next coupla days, do you think the 25m restriction would inhibit the sucking force of the fan pulling the leaves into the blades? AND... if the colas are wet would that inhibit flying trics?

Thank you
It looks like all of the other nice versions of this model, have 25 micron bags on them. But the full bag is 25m
They aren't cheap, about 140$ http://www.cprosolutions.com/shop/parts-accessories/outer-bag
But yes you brought up a great point, will the bubble bag work, even though just the bottom of the bag is 25m.
So how much bud will the bag fit without clogging the bottom to the point the suction fan stresses.
To your best point, you can use the mesh bag if you're cutting wet material, and the trichomes won't break off and cause tons of kief.
If you were trimming dry material it would be smarter to go the 25micron bag.
I'll test the trim machine with a 25micron bubble bag and a bit of duct tape lol.
I'll update into this thread, around late October when I try it.