What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
She should be ok just watch out its not too humid the first couple of days after that your home dry.
Tangwena

Anonimas1989

Dope, I have learned so much from this forum, I was looking for this way to make weed all the time, I have some Lithuania landrace sativa I found in my grandmothers garden, I found that it was 30years growing there. I have matured it as much as I could but still it was affected by guy, I put in a plastic bag wrapped in paper, its about 6days, I have opened one and tried, I smoke once in a 3-4days, its very good from this quality weed, Soon I will try some better stuff Ive been growing all summer, but you guys have so great experience with strains, what to grow and how to do it I will be following posts of yours. Cannabis can be learning how to live and act with other people I will do most of it. Thanks!!!

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

initial trial/test run. after 6 days. no mold even though was put up slightly damp; anaerobic.
will put back in cob and re-vacuseal for 1 more week after letting dry out a little.

wait. my bad. dog's been eating grass and grabbed wrong shit. :)

got some soa Malawi gold coming in fully mature under optimum fall weather conditions; bright sunny, low humidity, nice breezes.

will do a few ounces for personal smoke and compare to un-cobbed bud for smoke report.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi idiit looking good man, needs a bit more sweating but nice colors already, dont worry about drying it too much or it will not sweat. Looking forward to your smoke report at the end.
The SOA Malawi should make for a nice high.
Tangwena

Unagi

Hello! Thanks Tangwena for bringing this to light. I recently harvested a plant and got almost 100g from it. And i really want to try this out. I have what im hoping is a small problem, its winter where I live and we dont have fresh corn available or atleast with the cob still attached. Is there anything I can substitute the cob with that i might find available here?

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Unagi I am not familiar with mexican food but others on this forum have mentioned you can buy frozen corn husks for making tomalies or something from mexican food suppliers.But if you cant get them I have used very strong brown paper like you find in cement bags before.
The corn husks give it a sweat flavor and may help in the sweating but if you cant get them, strong brown paper will work ok. It just needs to be extra tuff as normal brown paper or cardboard rips and breaks when you bind them up tight.
Good luck Tangwena

idiit

Veteran
my test run on bean run scrappy soa Malawi buds as previously pictured ( "dog ate the grass" turd pic.) was impressive. strong increase in smell, taste, potency.

as soon as my fully mature properly run outdoor buds are harvested i'll do the real deal cob cure on my best strain and see.

picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
my test run on bean run scrappy soa Malawi buds as previously pictured ( "dog ate the grass" turd pic.) was impressive. strong increase in smell, taste, potency.

as soon as my fully mature properly run outdoor buds are harvested i'll do the real deal cob cure on my best strain and see.

View Image

Nice one idiit I am glad it came out to your taste, once you nail it with your best buds you will see the real potential of the buds.
That Malawi looks the real deal to me you have a nice pheno thats for sure.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi PTP I have no idea what a tamale is I live a sheltered life in the bush and dont get out that much. I assume its a mexican food, maybe I will google it.
Tangwena

SpaceJunkOG

so i hit the 3 month cure marker on my Swazi cob yesterday and decided to give it another smoke-test:

biiiiiig difference a few months makes.

here was my experience:
smoked 1 joint of it sitting out in the backyard. started feeling a nice clarity coming on toward the end of the joint, like i was thinking about all this stuff but it all became clear, i was solving problems and life issues in my head with this new intuition that i didn't have before.
came inside and sat down on the couch. fell into some sort of sleep-like state for about 15 minutes - i'm still not sure if i was asleep or awake, i think somewhere in between. it was just complete relaxation and like paralysis, but such a pleasant kind. i imagine it's what opiates would be like but i've never tried them. then i "woke up," and i had this amazing energy, like i just drank a cup of coffee. I went upstairs and started to indulge in my favorite creative pasttime (as i like to do after smoking - an artistic endeavor), and this high just never wore off. i am used to smoking every 2 hours or so, because i like to "stay medicated." 2 hours came and passed and i felt no need to smoke, didn't want to, i was still on this higher plane, and yet didn't feel "intoxicated" per say, but just enhanced. there was no "stone" to it at all, it wasn't like anything else i have ever experienced. it didn't feel like THC. it was better.

and THAT, sounds kinda like what Mr. Tangwena has been talking about as the cob cure grail high.

thanks again dude. :) it's been a trip. literally.

looking forward to doing it with the Mozambica again this week.

PTP

Hi PTP I have no idea what a tamale is I live a sheltered life in the bush and dont get out that much. I assume its a mexican food, maybe I will google it.
Tangwena

Prep time is tedious but man they are good. Just wonder how they would taste cooked in a corn husk thsts been used to cure mj? Bet they would be potent. Especially if you add a little bud into the recipe itself.

Will monitor the thread to see if you give it a shot. Could get double use out of this corn husk.

Tangwena

Veteran
so i hit the 3 month cure marker on my Swazi cob yesterday and decided to give it another smoke-test:

biiiiiig difference a few months makes.

here was my experience:
smoked 1 joint of it sitting out in the backyard. started feeling a nice clarity coming on toward the end of the joint, like i was thinking about all this stuff but it all became clear, i was solving problems and life issues in my head with this new intuition that i didn't have before.
came inside and sat down on the couch. fell into some sort of sleep-like state for about 15 minutes - i'm still not sure if i was
asleep or awake, i think somewhere in between. it was just complete relaxation and like paralysis, but such a pleasant kind. i imagine it's what opiates would be like but i've never tried them. then i "woke up," and i had this amazing energy, like i just drank a cup of coffee. I went upstairs and started to indulge in my favorite creative pasttime (as i like to do after smoking - an artistic endeavor), and this high just never wore off. i am used to smoking every 2 hours or so, because i like to "stay medicated." 2 hours came and passed and i felt no need to smoke, didn't want to, i was still on this higher plane, and yet didn't feel "intoxicated" per say, but just enhanced. there was no "stone" to it at all, it wasn't like anything else i have ever experienced. it didn't feel like THC. it was better.

and THAT, sounds kinda like what Mr. Tangwena has been talking about as the cob cure grail high.

thanks again dude. :) it's been a trip. literally.

looking forward to doing it with the Mozambica again this week.

Couldn't of happened to nicer bloke:tiphat:
Now you know why i do it, next try it on something that kicks arse before cobbing.
You aced it brother when I hit the cobs it does exactly the same I am out for 10 to 15mins in my mind walking round doing stuff then I wake up and bam crazy trippy feeling like I want to feel every day and do.
The Zamaldelica I had today has me feeling energised in overdrive like I am jumping out of my skin and will last all day.
The cobs make a difference its good to pass on the method to anyone who likes to get really high not stoned. Thank you to my African friends in Malawi.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
tbh can't see making your buds into a sausage working any better than traditional cure.
One thing I see is that they get more dark and can't see why that would be a good thing either

Hi my friend I understand you do not believe but does jar curing (which I also like) do this to your trichs.
Until you try it you can't understand, the Africans have been doing it this way for a very long time, you will never find jar cured buds in Africa unless its from a new wave indoor grower.
But the real mind blowing gear is sweat cured and compressed.
Tangwena